Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221147 times)

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
  • I appear then disappear without a trace.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #585 on: January 14, 2013, 10:08:41 pm »

If we make a dragon let's make it with the Komodo, after all start with a dragon to make a dragon ya know. With their mouths if the fire and jaws dont get you the bactiria will.
Im a Lurker I tend to disappear dont just assume im totally gone cause Ill then pop up at odd times.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 14, 2013, 10:11:47 pm »

So, dragon, plant soldiers with some morphing arms, and trees with barracks/turrets.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:30:30 pm by jaass »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 14, 2013, 10:24:15 pm »

Dragons?
The perfect mixture of Life and Fire? Which causes Chaos as it sets upon the village?
We have, good sirs, our tank.
If we make a dragon let's make it with the Komodo, after all start with a dragon to make a dragon ya know. With their mouths if the fire and jaws dont get you the bactiria will.
Plus freaking one.

As to "artillery," modify the trees to fire spore bombs. Ideally with a little fire in them, and/or the ability for firejackets to make nests in the bombpods. ...Awesome.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 14, 2013, 10:24:45 pm »

Hmm what kind of dragon are we talking about here, the kind that when sleeping are thought to be hill's when they grow up and make armies fear to go near one. Or are we talking about nambe pambe little dragons that might grow up to slightly larger than a horse? My vote is for the first one lol sounds cooler.
Im a Lurker I tend to disappear dont just assume im totally gone cause Ill then pop up at odd times.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 14, 2013, 10:29:35 pm »

The second is cheaper.

I'd suggest something like a gold dragon and a wyvern from D&D, crossed. Intelligence, poison, firebreath, intelligence, some magic (including shapeshifting). Add in the Komodo's diseased bite and that's our dragon!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 14, 2013, 10:31:04 pm »

Dragons?
The perfect mixture of Life and Fire? Which causes Chaos as it sets upon the village?
Plus freaking one.

As to "artillery," modify the trees to fire spore bombs. Ideally with a little fire in them, and/or the ability for firejackets to make nests in the bombpods. ...Awesome.
The shells explode with spores. The spores spread more Gourd Trees but also turn people who touch them into more Fungus Spawn. The Fungus Spawn will also have a resin carapace that is explosive, so that'll be fun.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 14, 2013, 10:31:47 pm »

Dragon- good idea but can we actually house a race full of these reptiles, let alone supply food. Here is a good idea perhaps it's blood or saliva can have some really strong alchemical properties.

Recon flyer- a bird that can sustain long-term flight via the sun, it also has the ability to bend light around it causing it to be rendered invisible, maybe it can also be have a understanding of language.

Firejacket Queen- provides autonomy for firejackets, and also produce queen jelly which has a lot more potent healing properties.

Improved Plant Soldiers- morph their arms into different weapons and shields, also maybe add hive mind with also the capability of individual decisions.

Didn't we tell the guy with the plant boom to make some heavier versions of plant soldiers.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 14, 2013, 10:33:01 pm »

Heh our fungus spawn are starting to remind me of zombies (the virus type not the necromancy type)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 14, 2013, 10:33:47 pm »

Dragons?
Plus freaking one.

The shells explode with spores. The spores spread more Gourd Trees but also turn people who touch them into more Fungus Spawn. The Fungus Spawn will also have a resin carapace that is explosive, so that'll be fun.
And firejackets could nest in the gourds.
Sig

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 14, 2013, 10:41:59 pm »

Dragon- good idea but can we actually house a race full of these reptiles, let alone supply food. Here is a good idea perhaps it's blood or saliva can have some really strong alchemical properties.

Recon flyer- a bird that can sustain long-term flight via the sun, it also has the ability to bend light around it causing it to be rendered invisible, maybe it can also be have a understanding of language.

Firejacket Queen- provides autonomy for firejackets, and also produce queen jelly which has a lot more potent healing properties.

Improved Plant Soldiers- morph their arms into different weapons and shields, also maybe add hive mind with also the capability of individual decisions.

Didn't we tell the guy with the plant boom to make some heavier versions of plant soldiers.
How about this
Dragon: Simple, the good ol' fire-breathing, scaled engines of destruction we know and love. As for their food supply, we can either let them roam free to hunt their own food, or we can feed them the meat-watermelons.
Gourd Trees: Shoot spore shells that explode on impact, or can be set to explode in the air to disperse spores and shrapnel. The spores will also turn living things it touches into Fungus Spawn (excluding our followers of course). Can be manually controlled by a person with a life boon.
Fungus Spawn: Given new resin carapace as armor, resin can be collected while fluid and stored for fuel or the solid resin can be used to make bombs. Either way, the solid carapace is highly explosive, allowing the dragons to explode any dead Fungi Spawn that have fallen in a last ditch effort to stop sieges. Can be controlled through the Gourd Trees, but remain an autonomy not unlike a dog when not controlled.
Firejackets: They already have a hive mind so we dont need to touch them.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 14, 2013, 10:46:51 pm »

Oh idea. Make a wurm out of the Komodo.

Everyone can see a dragon. No one knows where the wurm will come from. It'll swallow the ground from beneath them.

I believe the title for a burrowing dragon-thing is wurm.

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 14, 2013, 10:48:38 pm »

Everyone can see a dragon. No one knows where the wurm will come from. It'll swallow the ground from beneath them.

Actually its Wyrm I think

Edit now that I think about it that actually might be even better after all bet gods make dragons all the time it would take real imaganation to make a Wyrm.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:52:22 pm by WraithLord24 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 14, 2013, 11:07:38 pm »

How about this
Dragon: Simple, the good ol' fire-breathing, scaled engines of destruction we know and love. As for their food supply, we can either let them roam free to hunt their own food, or we can feed them the meat-watermelons.
What's wrong with my idea? At least keep the Komodo's diseased saliva.

Gourd Trees: Shoot spore shells that explode on impact, or can be set to explode in the air to disperse spores and shrapnel. The spores will also turn living things it touches into Fungus Spawn (excluding our followers of course). Can be manually controlled by a person with a life boon.
The shells can also be firejacket hives. Because things are always better on fire, if they're not your things.

Fungus Spawn: Given new resin carapace as armor, resin can be collected while fluid and stored for fuel or the solid resin can be used to make bombs. Either way, the solid carapace is highly explosive, allowing the dragons to explode any dead Fungi Spawn that have fallen in a last ditch effort to stop sieges. Can be controlled through the Gourd Trees, but remain an autonomy not unlike a dog when not controlled.
Firejackets: They already have a hive mind so we dont need to touch them.
No objections here.

Actually its Wyrm I think
Edit now that I think about it that actually might be even better after all bet gods make dragons all the time it would take real imaganation to make a Wyrm.
Wyrms are basically just dragons. Wurms are burrowing, limbless dragons.
Sig

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 14, 2013, 11:15:19 pm »

Ahh. ok learn somthing new everyday. yeah I like GreatWyrm's idea the best out of the dragon sugestions.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 14, 2013, 11:21:14 pm »

Yeah, they're burrowing. That's the whole point. You can see a dragon in the sky. You can't see a wyrm beneath your feet. The only god(dess) I see us having trouble with with them is Grumugga. But then we just slap wings on it and have a wyvern
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 130