Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221209 times)

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #525 on: January 13, 2013, 04:49:14 am »

Also, increase Eldrick's boon, and have him build the mushroom houses instead of us. Also, grant the old priest a boon, I think of Life, since I don't trust him enough with Chaos just yet. Send the priest as a missionary to Aquitane.
7) Send a priest as a missionary with the next caravan. Edit: Give him minor healing boon, healers are popular

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You call Eldrick, Azula, and the Priest to the temple, as the morning gives way to noon.
"Thank you for coming. Eldrick, Azula, I have decided to upgrade your boons..."

The green glow of Life swirls around Eldrick, and a reddish-orange glow of Fire around Azula as you augment and empower their boons.
"Eldrick, you'll find that you can inspire far more growth than you could before, far more quickly as well. You should even be able to create one mushroom-tower per day, given enough time. You may be able to create plant-soldiers as well from their seeds, in just a few moments of growth - if you find that to be the case, I advise you to carry around some of their seeds for when you need more martial might on your side."

You consider for a moment, as an idea occurs to you.
We should make Saps, about eight feet tall, thick, look heavily muscled(though it's vines), and can use our heavier weaponry arsenals. Plants can change while they grow, but other than that rarely change.

"Try your boon on an existing plant-soldier," you tell him. "Make it more of a...heavy unit, taller, stronger, more difficult to damage than the generic life-soldier. We shall call them Saps, and the usual soldiers Stems."
"I will do my best, my Lord," Eldrick said, inclining his head.

"Azula," you murmur. "You are no longer limited to firebolts - you can create and throw far greater quantities of flame - and now, you can exert control over existing fire. That control will diminish with distance, of course."
"Thank you," Azula said, likewise inclining her head. "Your enemies will regret that," she said with a grin that reminded you somehow of Laksus.

Finally, you turn your awareness to the Priest. "I have decided to gift you with a boon of minor healing, if you choose to accept it," you tell him.
"I am honored, but there are those more deserving of it than me, my Lord - particularly Lara, Eldrick's fiancee - the village's current healer," he said, his tone respectful but determined.
You consider that, then reply "In that case I will consider gifting her a similar boon, but I have a specific mission in mind for you. You will go to Ceres with the next caravan, and begin healing all that need it."

The Priest's eyes widened. "That is quite compassionate of you - though I assume you wish me to let them know from whence this power comes."
"Yes," you reply in amusement. "I'm benevolent, nor insane. Evil Gods gather followers through threat and torture; if good Gods do not attract followers through healing and growth then...I do not think the future will be very pleasant."
The Priest nodded. "I understand."

The three of them depart the temple soon after, going to practice using their new boons, or so you suspect. You hear a call from Ustan, and find him standing by the surveyer. "He's finished," Ustan said excitedly, surprising you - the surveyer must use earth magic of some kind to accomplish that so quickly. "What did he find?" you ask Ustan.

"Very little copper and iron, no gold, no silver, no adamantine, no mithril, no mordite (thankfully), and no coal." You stare at the man. "That is disappointing,"
you tell him, unsure of his cheerful demeanor. "Heh heh - wait for it, the thing we do have is manarack," he said, and the surveyer beside him nodded. "Generates mana in much the same way souls do," he explained. "This is only the second time I've seen it, in fact."
The surveyer grinned. "...and the first place was promptly invaded for the resource. I could keep my lips sealed, about the matter, for a little more coin...actually, it'll take quite a bit of coin to buy my silence."

Before you could answer the imputant mortal, there were cries of alarm, and you hear Laksus's voice: "My Lord, strangers have reached the wall of the village - on horseback and heavily armed."
Your awareness zooms incredulously to the spot - how the kriffing void did they get through the forest - and see a group of ten men and women, all in pure white armor laced with black and dark-blue.

The leading figure, wearing more ornate armor than the rest, raised his voice and said authoritatively, "People of Minah Iroh. You will surrender the criminals you are harboring immediately. If you do not, no amount of power on this earth can protect you from the holy Justice of the Empire of Tranquility."

He raised his chin. "You have two minutes, starting now. Surrender the refugees, and you may be forgiven this transgression if you pay the appropiate fines."

You hear Laksus chuckle. "Shall I put these Order-afflicted patsies out of their misery?" he asked you, viewing the incident from behind the Justicars, in the forest.
"Want me to handle them?" Tiberius asked from behind the wall, a split second later.

One of the refugees, the same man you spoke to earlier spoke urgently to you: "I beg you to be careful, Justicars always have at least one boon. These are Justicars of Sactiden, by the looks of them, so they could have an Order, Frost, or Death boon - or any combination of the three."

How do you handle the situation?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 05:12:07 am by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 13, 2013, 05:21:44 am »

Ask how much the fine is, then blast the leader with chaos after they say it(aiming for helpless and slow death) and attack the rest with Laksus, Tiberius and the Life-Soldiers.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 13, 2013, 05:28:21 am »

Before anyone says or does anything:
Their horses.
Chaos. Fire. Unstable. Explosive.
Like an incendiary bomb going off right under their asses.
If that doesn't end them:
Their weapons.
Chaos. Life. Angry. Bloodthirsty.
Hell of a way to go.
Laksus and Tiberius can finish off the remains, but should probably jump in immediately to silence them, so they can't summon their god's attentions. Krait might enjoy the show, so we could get him in on this too.
Though, if any of them survive. Instant chaos magic all over them.

Anyway, I say we pay the man his dirty money. And send him to Ceres under guard by some of our plant people.
A shame he'll be killed by bandits(not a euphemism; lets inspire/pay off some bandits(orcs?) or something to off him- he may worship a god and we don't want a fight/invasion) on the way there.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 13, 2013, 06:54:45 am »

If they want the refugees, why not give them to the order knights.

The villagers were given the power to defend themselves from maher, why not do the same for the mageborn children.  Use chaos to inspire creativity around magic use in them, then give each one 10 mana from our mana pool (about the max a human can generate on their own) to fight back against their tormentors.

Also talk to the children first about how they need to learn to defend themselves and how it might not be fair but they need to grow up fast.

Keep mana in reserve to shield the village and children from misfires and have the monstrous army of ours move in after the children get their shot.

Long term... mine manarack, give mageborn powerful mana generating artifacts to do godlike powers with.  Pure chaos.

Give the surveyor some cash, then curse him with chaos magic, if he is going to divulge the manarack information and break his word willingly he turns into an insane chaos spawn monster.  (any chaos curses come after the battle is resolved)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 13, 2013, 07:21:06 am »

"You have two minutes, starting now. Surrender the refugees, and you may be forgiven this transgression if you pay the appropiate fines."
They die here, ok. No surrendering anyone and the only fines they get is horrible slow death.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 13, 2013, 07:30:16 am »

I agree with the general feeling of not agreeing with their terms. However, I'd like to learn a little more about them before.

For the surveyor, curse him so if he ever try to tell anyone / write about the manarack deposit, he die horribily. I dont know if we should tell him though  :P
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #531 on: January 13, 2013, 08:19:57 am »

Guys, just because we're a god chaos doesn't mean we have to destroy and maim everything we see, or change it to a state as useless as it is strange. So far, our inventions have been fine, except for the mess up with the trees.

The people that just showed up are the completed opposite of us Fire-Frost, Life-Death, Chaos-Order. We can almost definitely defeat them, considering they are just mortals. I don't think we should hand over the refugees because something might go wrong, such as the orcs/bandits killing them too. It would not fit our persona to just let them take those people. Since we have established a reputation for getting what we want, why not here?

We might not know exactly what kind of boons they have, but they have been hinted to have some. In fact, since they made it through the forest, and they might have Order boons, they might have even neutralized a section of the forest, which seems a likely was that they made it through. We can use the Fungus Spawn to attack first, and have them test the consequences. From there we could decide on another course of action.
Or, we could smite them directly from above, since our power should far outweigh theirs.

I think letting the mages go, even if for a plan of escape later is a bad idea. Defeat the soldiers shomehow.
Also, show that surveyor our power, for trying to deal like that with a GOD.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 08:23:48 am by kytuzian »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 13, 2013, 09:04:01 am »

"You have two minutes, starting now. Surrender the refugees, and you may be forgiven this transgression if you pay the appropiate fines."
They die here, ok. No surrendering anyone and the only fines they get is horrible slow death.
+1

Guys, just because we're a god chaos doesn't mean we have to destroy and maim everything we see, or change it to a state as useless as it is strange. So far, our inventions have been fine, except for the mess up with the trees.
However, as we have no reason to listen to these fools....let's not give up the refugees. Stand up for our people!

The people that just showed up are the completed opposite of us Fire-Frost, Life-Death, Chaos-Order. We can almost definitely defeat them, considering they are just mortals. I don't think we should hand over the refugees because something might go wrong, such as the orcs/bandits killing them too. It would not fit our persona to just let them take those people. Since we have established a reputation for getting what we want, why not here?
We might not know exactly what kind of boons they have, but they have been hinted to have some. In fact, since they made it through the forest, and they might have Order boons, they might have even neutralized a section of the forest, which seems a likely was that they made it through. We can use the Fungus Spawn to attack first, and have them test the consequences. From there we could decide on another course of action.
Or, we could smite them directly from above, since our power should far outweigh theirs.
Sure, send the Fungus Spawn in after smiting the leader and maybe the horses. Have Tiberius, Laskus, and insanity help, as well.

I think letting the mages go, even if for a plan of escape later is a bad idea. Defeat the soldiers shomehow.

+1 and +1 (nonlethally, once these other guys are dealt with)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #533 on: January 13, 2013, 09:08:16 am »

+1

STUFF
Sure, send the Fungus Spawn in after smiting the leader and maybe the horses. Have Tiberius, Laskus, and insanity help, as well.

+1 and +1 (nonlethally, once these other guys are dealt with)

+1

G D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 13, 2013, 12:04:23 pm »

I think that Donut cant smite or curse anyone right now, because Mana: 0
So it will be mortals versus mortal there.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #535 on: January 13, 2013, 12:06:05 pm »

I think that Donut cant smite or curse anyone right now, because Mana: 0
So it will be mortals versus mortal there.

Whoops, didn't notice that. Well in that case, yeah, but otherwise the plan is the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 13, 2013, 01:29:58 pm »

Idea.

Let's be a bit intimidating, shall we? It'll help with the surveyor as well. And if he doesn't listen, well that's what the army's for.

Gather all of our Stems together in a line, wielding weapons. We have 101 now, right? Then have 51 off them wield the Spears, and the rest holding bows, or something at least, to propel our 'poisoned' arrows. Gather our Fungus Spawn towards the area in a semicircle to slowly force the knights towards our soldiers. Firejackets will cover the sky, a veritable ceiling of flame above their heads. And our drakes, Tiberius, and Laksus will take up positions around our lines. Then, speak through Laksus and Tiberius(asking their permission mentally a few seconds before, of course), and all of the Stems, creating the same discordant yet melodic voice as we used last time.
"Ah, the Justicars of the Empire of Tranquility. These people are under my protection now, the protection of the god Donut. I'd prefer not to completely mutilate you and your horses, but your steel would look so fine on another one of my followers. So let me ask you. Do the few of you truly wish to fight a god? Over a few people whose only crime is having a power you cannot control?"

Then, demonstrate some of our strength. Tiberius lets out a gout of flame towards the sky, the drakes do the same, and Laksus becomes a beast, all at the same time. He returns to normal afterwards, but we need to make a point that this is Chaos. Organized Chaos. And we don't take shit from nobody.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #537 on: January 13, 2013, 01:34:40 pm »

Cool stuff...

+1. But don't forget to chuckle. I believe it has been established we chuckle at everything, regardless of whether or not it is actually amusing.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 13, 2013, 01:44:08 pm »

We've no mana. Dang. The obvious answer, to me anyway, is that we open up a section of the wall for them to enter with, and hide our drake(s?), and Tiberius on either side of it. When they come to enter, we light them up. Laksus will switch to beast form and tear out their still-flaming throats. Pretty much just ambush them.
Or we could do something to startle their horses, and attempt to get the Justicars dismounted. That tends to hurt.
If there are any survivors, we get Laksus to grab them and run off to the forest, then ritually sacrifice them to us. Because we may as well learn what happens in that case.
I still say we try to off the surveyor, using orcs as hapless pawns. It's what? 10 mana to talk to one? We can do that tomorrow. Just need to tell an orc that some guy is going along the road with a substantial amount of creepy(plant) guards, and that we know he has something valuable the orcs'll like. Also the guy said bad things about their god. With any luck, our tongue is silver enough to convince them.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 13, 2013, 02:27:29 pm »

Oh yes, nearly forgot, if they get meek and try to leave, speak the following:

"So you can return with a larger force? I think not. You will stay here, give up your arms and armor, and be my prisoners. I am a benevolent god, and so will treat you well, but my followers will not be hounded for things out of their control. You will be shown why they are not criminals in watching the everyday lives of those here. I would not wish to start a war, and once you swear not to even attempt harm these people, my other followers, this village, or me, ever again, you will be allowed to leave, for you look to be men of your word...and a promise made to a god is a bad idea to break.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 130