Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221207 times)

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #495 on: January 12, 2013, 09:01:00 pm »

Modify plant soldiers arms so they can morph them into any weaponry or shields they need.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #496 on: January 12, 2013, 09:03:03 pm »

Modify plant soldiers arms so they can morph them into any weaponry or shields they need.

+1

Also, increase Eldrick's boon, and have him build the mushroom houses instead of us. Also, grant the old priest a boon, I think of Life, since I don't trust him enough with Chaos just yet. Send the priest as a missionary to Aquitane.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 12, 2013, 09:04:18 pm »

+1
+1

Also, increase Eldrick's boon, and have him build the mushroom houses instead of us. Also, grant the old priest a boon, I think of Life, since I don't trust him enough with Chaos just yet. Send the priest as a missionary to Aquitane.
+1, maybe a Healing gift. Keep Chaos out of that...

Also, on the subject of plant soldiers, some should be sent along with the next caravan of firenector.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 12, 2013, 09:07:09 pm »

Also some spider silk plus maybe craft some silk clothes for whoever want to go in the next caravan.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 12, 2013, 09:07:55 pm »

Give the priest a boon of Chaos. He was adamant about not changing his worship to us, allow him to sow "change" throughout the land in our name. Automatically raise his boon to the level of the others, he shall be able to blight the land with chaos, make brother turn on brother, and grant small random boons of his own (though they can never be as good as even a level 1 boon of ours)
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #500 on: January 12, 2013, 09:10:04 pm »

Also, on the subject of plant soldiers, some should be sent along with the next caravan of firenector.

+1. However, don't send too many, so people don't become too alarmed. Also, have Azula accompany, leave Eldrick behind. Azula should try and convert more when there.

Maybe grant Ustan a Life boon, so he can control the flamejackets, because that's kind of his thing now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 12, 2013, 09:17:28 pm »

Give the priest a boon of Chaos. He was adamant about not changing his worship to us, allow him to sow "change" throughout the land in our name. Automatically raise his boon to the level of the others, he shall be able to blight the land with chaos, make brother turn on brother, and grant small random boons of his own (though they can never be as good as even a level 1 boon of ours)
I'm not sure. At most, give him some minor transmutive abilities. Or, you know, Life.

+1. However, don't send too many, so people don't become too alarmed. Also, have Azula accompany, leave Eldrick behind. Azula should try and convert more when there.
Maybe grant Ustan a Life boon, so he can control the flamejackets, because that's kind of his thing now.
Sounds acceptable, but what would Eldrick be doing? Helping the crops?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 12, 2013, 09:25:43 pm »

My ideas on booning:

1) Upgrade Eldrick life boon, he is a head of farmers and healer
2) Grant 5 arrived farmers with minor life boon to speed up agriculture and their conversion.
3) Grant chaos boon to the alchemist, to make him more adapted to his job. He should intuitively sense what results should he get from a mixture
4) Upgrade azula's fire boon to 3rd level. Give her level one chaos and life boons She should get ready for possible participating in the tournament
5) Grant Ustan Life\Fire boon  and make him firejackets and firedrakes commander and caretaker
6) We should create normal, human militia, with spidersilk armor and regular weapons. Should choose original villagers for that. 10 able adult men should form our own professional army. Guardians of the Temple. No boons for them, yet
7) Send a priest as a missionary with the next caravan. Edit: Give him minor healing boon, healers are popular
8) Grant every mage a minor fire boon. Maybe too expensive
9) Next caravan should include some of the newly created army and fire mages

That's a lot of mana daily, but our income is nice and  I see nothing wrong in spending up to 1\3 of daily income on boons.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 09:36:23 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 12, 2013, 09:42:19 pm »

My ideas on booning:
My thoughts on your ideas:

1) Upgrade Eldrick life boon, he is a head of farmers and healer
2) Grant 5 arrived farmers with minor life boon to speed up agriculture and their conversion.
No arguments here.

3) Grant chaos boon to the alchemist, to make him more adapted to his job. He should intuitively sense what results should he get from a mixture
...Chaos and flammable, explosive substances don't mix well.

4) Upgrade azula's fire boon to 3rd level. Give her level one chaos and life boons She should get ready for possible participating in the tournament
5) Grant Ustan Life\Fire boon  and make him firejackets and firedrakes commander and caretaker
6) We should create normal, human militia, with spidersilk armor and regular weapons. Should choose original villagers for that. 10 able adult men should form our own professional army. Guardians of the Temple. No boons for them, yet
7) Send a priest as a missionary with the next caravan. Edit: Give him minor healing boon, healers are popular
Should be fine. If we have the mana.

8) Grant every mage a minor fire boon. Maybe too expensive
Probably too expensive, especially as we have no idea what they can already do.

9) Next caravan should include some of the newly created army and fire mages
Sure.

That's a lot of mana daily, but our income is nice and  I see nothing wrong in spending up to 1\3 of daily income on boons.
Ideally, we'd wait until we have enough mana to deal with, say, Maher's attacks without withdrawing the boons.
Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 12, 2013, 09:53:40 pm »

Well, minor boons cost 2 mana, major 4 mana, next level (Do we have one?) x mana... (My guess - 8)

We shouldn't even reach 1\3 of our mana income.
And this guys will learn how to use the boons. You say about possible Maher attacks? Guys with boons should assist in defense
In fact I'd prefer to have a village that can protect itself without our help, when we busy in other settlements\dimensions. That's why I think that we badly need guys that can control our monster armies without our aid

Isn't that fun? His profession is chaotic, we should like him and increase his potential.Backfire is an acceptable risk
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 12, 2013, 09:56:09 pm »

Isn't that fun? His profession is chaotic, we should like him and increase his potential.Backfire is an acceptable profit

Fixed it for you.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 12, 2013, 09:57:47 pm »

Isn't that fun? His profession is chaotic, we should like him and increase his potential.Backfire is an acceptable entertainment

Fixed it for you.
Fixed it for you.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 12, 2013, 09:59:26 pm »

Well, minor boons cost 2 mana, major 4 mana, next level (Do we have one?) x mana... (My guess - 8 )
Depends on if it's linear or quadratic. We don't know enough right now...

We shouldn't even reach 1\3 of our mana income.
And this guys will learn how to use the boons. You say about possible Maher attacks? Guys with boons should assist in defense
In fact I'd prefer to have a village that can protect itself without our help, when we busy in other settlements\dimensions. That's why I think that we badly need guys that can control our monster armies without our aid
Alright, you make a good argument. Just...be sure not to give boons where they won't be worth their cost.

Isn't that fun? His profession is chaotic, we should like him and increase his potential.Backfire is an acceptable risk
I disagree. Our villagers are NOT worth some stupid Boon.
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 12, 2013, 10:11:35 pm »

Oh hell no to human military. We don't need that many people with boons. Instead, we could make Ustan have a Chaos boon, so he can 'deflect' enemy magic, and we can make creatures for the other things. Hopefully, once we clear out more of the forest, which we should do, to make more room, we can start making 100 or more plant soldiers per day. The first shall be their commander, and grants more intelligence, free thought, and the ability to make strategic and tactical decisions. 10 others shall be lieutenants in charge of squads and eventually regiments, with a lower level of intelligence, but tactical decision making and such. Basically, we need commanders so we don't have to focus on them while they're fighting.

We should make Saps, about eight feet tall, thick, look heavily muscled(though it's vines), and can use our heavier weaponry arsenals. Plants can change while they grow, but other than that rarely change. However, our Stems should have flowers buds for hands. They can blossom into the right weaponry, and fall off into seed bearing fruit when no longer needed. To preserve energy efficiency of their metabolisms, seeds would thus no longer grow in their hair. Additionally, ammo for various ranged weapons would grow from seed pods along their thighs, abdomen, and lower back, including 'grenades, of various types. These can of course asily be changed as to what types grow, or if any grow, by their commanding officers who have an innate knowledge of how this wold work. Now for a list of weapons used by our soldiers.

As for fast attack recon type units, morphing dogs or wild cats into a humanoid shape, with similar weapon making abilities possibly based on animals like skunks, porcupines, and platypi, would make a force to be reckoned with.

For artillery, large yak like creatures, who can function as slow, but incredibly strong beasts of burden, with 'cannons' on their back,mwhich can fire different types of ammunition. I want us to be versatile, powerful, and diverse. This means that should Krait or a different god of disease or poison shows up, it'll be more difficult to tailor their weapons to all of our troops.

Our major troops being plants, they are likely to be tough but unreactive, likely feel no pain, but are also slow. To provide a counter for this, we need some mounted troops, some transports, and some support units. I suggest that we make the Mother, which should look like the love child of a beetle, a mammoth, and a tree. Seed pods grow within it, it has large cavities for protecting it's charges, and with various protrusions for offense. Thick carapace armor and large tusks help it for defense and close combat. It's helpers and 'children' are mantis like creatures which have a symbiotic with it. They help take care of it's seeds and gestation sacs, as well as taking nutrients from it, and help protect it's relatively vulnerable insides from enemy boarders. In turn, it shelters and feeds them, letting them do the work needed to care for it's charges and keep it healthy, picking away parasites and having organic terminal like things they can access(and only them), an aspect of Chaos within it's design allowing them to change it's aspets and organic materials, for example the carapace becoming thicker at the expense of it's weapon systems, or regenerating quickly, or adapting to become immune to a new toxin or illness. It can feed on blue melons and blood melons, needing the latter for animal based troops, and the former for plant based ones. However, it can also feed on the organic soup made by the Scavenger. A wiry creature with a bloated torso, it feeds upon our dead soldiers, melting their entire bodies down for the Mother's consumption and recycling. Why? Because otherwise our troops might rise again on the wrong side of death.

We need command troops! Like a Queen for the Firejackets, who can make decisions instead of us!

Weapons:
Thorn-Blade: Also a Bone-Blade for animal troops, just a generic sword, made of plant material, that is long, pointy, and sharp.
Thorn-Fist: Bigger fist with a few big thorns(or spines for animals) to bash through the thicker armor and penetrate body cavities.
Lasher: Whether based on a tail or a vine, a mobile, controllable whip with quills/thorns on it to hit from afar.
Livewood Spear: Essentially a long, strong pole, with a small Thorn-Blade on the end, to account for enemy mounted troops.
Hand: You know, a hand. To be handy.
Wide-Petals: A shield, essentially, made of hard flower petals. Not really feasible for our fast attack animals, so not really usable by them.
Pistil: AHAHAHAAHAHAHA get it! It's a pistol! It can fire Pollen or Thorns. Explain those in a bit. Might be called a regurgitator and fire Spines or Quills for our Beasts.
Petal Rifle: A basic rifle, not really made for rapid firing, more for long ranged accurate support. Fires Pollen, Thorns, or Spores. Animal version is more like a sniper rifle, firing Finned Spines.
Stem Gun: Shorter range, faster RoF. Fires the same ammunition for Plants, fires Spines, Quills, or Sacs. Usable by both 'breeds'.
Root Cannon: Big gun. Fires Seed Pods, Bulbs, or Spore bombs. Usable by Saps.

You guys can think of more, can't ya?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 10:27:08 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 12, 2013, 10:18:43 pm »

I thought we were doing fire shooting beetles/lizards for an artillery/cavalry hybrid type of thing.  I like the idea of giant troops and troop transports especially.  Maybe we should start with the plant that can grow into a tower.  Then make it so that the tower can produce troops of its own by growing them (lots of little infantry plant soldiers and just a couple larger specialized plant soldiers).  The plant tower would also be capable of growing extremely sharp wooden swords and spears that would just sort of grow and drop off when they're done.  These could then be stockpiled inside.

Edit:  Actually maybe the towers themselves could be intelligent and serve as a sort of hivemind, directing the local plant soldiers.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 10:27:14 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 130