Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221215 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #480 on: January 12, 2013, 06:42:32 pm »

I am good with the blue watermelons for everyone. Don't make too much creatures. We should stop for now and don't make too much of each. Firejackets feed on fire, so it's fine, and the plants on sunlight, but those spiders and drakes needs meat. Either modify them or the watermelons, or make an intermediary "rabbit", eatable by humans as well.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 12, 2013, 06:52:08 pm »

I agree with making a new foodsource critter of some kind. Once we do that, we just need to increase our worshippers and the supply of the creatures we already have.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 12, 2013, 07:20:18 pm »

We need to expand soon, also should we make some weaponry for our plant soldiers.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #483 on: January 12, 2013, 07:53:28 pm »

we make some weaponry for our plant soldiers.

I'm not sure. I was just thinking, but since we have both the plant soldiers and the Fungus Spawn, we could use them as meatshields. The plant soldiers have Barkskin, and we really have no reason to care about the safekeeping of the Fungus Spawn. Therefore, we could use the Fungus Spawn as a screen, to discover any potentially deadly force (like the death auras around the clerics that Maher sent), and the use the plant soldiers to tank while the flamejackets can dive in and out, setting our enemies on fire, and generally remaining safe.

Just an idea.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 12, 2013, 07:57:03 pm »

I'm not sure. I was just thinking, but since we have both the plant soldiers and the Fungus Spawn, we could use them as meatshields. The plant soldiers have Barkskin, and we really have no reason to care about the safekeeping of the Fungus Spawn. Therefore, we could use the Fungus Spawn as a screen, to discover any potentially deadly force (like the death auras around the clerics that Maher sent), and the use the plant soldiers to tank while the flamejackets can dive in and out, setting our enemies on fire, and generally remaining safe.

Just an idea.

Yes, but we need a smaller force behind the meatshields to do the most damage. Like some kind of hybrid of Jaguar and Fire, twisted into upright form and wreathed in flames while their fangs and claws inject a poison that cripples with pain akin to being melted alive from one scratch.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 12, 2013, 08:06:19 pm »

Just an idea.
Yes, but we need a smaller force behind the meatshields to do the most damage. Like some kind of hybrid of Jaguar and Fire, twisted into upright form and wreathed in flames while their fangs and claws inject a poison that cripples with pain akin to being melted alive from one scratch.
That seems kinda silly. Just make golems or giant armored praying mantises or something. Or, you know, more firejackets.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 12, 2013, 08:09:06 pm »

Just an idea.
That seems kinda silly. Just make golems or giant armored praying mantises or something. Or, you know, more firejackets.

Maybe we should modify the plant soliders' hands so they make different type of weaponry out of them.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 12, 2013, 08:10:45 pm »

why do we need to forever create things

you guys are disturbing the natural order of th- i believe i understand now, nevermind.

just create a food source for the spiders now and be done with it, i'd be pleased if we stockpiled a thousand mana and built something ridiculously big with it - like a proper, nice afterlife - while still spending the odd 50 mana on helping the villagers in their everyday chores

remember that at this point we're spoiling them. at one point we'll be wishing to expand and won't be able to throw our entire mana supply into pampering just one village, what do you think will happen then?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 12, 2013, 08:19:30 pm »

We want to create things because we're CHAOS and LIFE. And BORED.
Sig

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #489 on: January 12, 2013, 08:23:09 pm »

I think another thing that needs to be done is to set up a clergy, probably with the Mages that we saved at its head.

However, I was wondering, how exactly does a mortal's magic work? We've established that we can, through force of will, do just about anything, but presumably, mortals cannot.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 12, 2013, 08:25:02 pm »

why do we need to forever create things

you guys are disturbing the natural order of th- i believe i understand now, nevermind.

just create a food source for the spiders now and be done with it, i'd be pleased if we stockpiled a thousand mana and built something ridiculously big with it - like a proper, nice afterlife - while still spending the odd 50 mana on helping the villagers in their everyday chores

remember that at this point we're spoiling them. at one point we'll be wishing to expand and won't be able to throw our entire mana supply into pampering just one village, what do you think will happen then?

Yes, we have our war beast/beast of burden, our supplies to trade with. Now we need a army equipped with proper weaponry.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 08:37:24 pm by jaass »

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #491 on: January 12, 2013, 08:37:29 pm »

Yes, we have our war beast/beast of burden, our supplies to trade with. Now we need a proper army with proper weaponry.

Speaking of which, I would assume our intent is to conquer, so it would be wise to consider where. At the moment, confronting Maher seems foolish, because of the land he controls, and the relative ease with which he raised an army to destroy our, albeit undeveloped, village, and did quite well. Not to mention he has revealed a number of abilities which far outstrip our own.

Ceres, would also, then seem like a bad place to try and conquer, because of the many gods vying over it for power, and none of which would be glad with our interference. In a worst case scenario, they might band together, creating a force far too powerful for us to fight. Not to mention we don't know even a rough estimate of their strengths, or even their numbers or names.

We could, likely, assume the Krait would be willing to assist our endeavours with his reptilian army, if we could convince him. However, he is practically a pure CHAOS god, and to be generally untrusted because of it.

I do not recall owners of Aquitane being mentioned, but they probably exist. However, it seems the least hostile place. A prudent move would seem to be to scout first, and if possible recreate the peaceful occupation method we used with Minas Iroh.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 12, 2013, 08:47:26 pm »

I was more thinking along the lines of professional army(plant soldiers) instead of a militia that could be used to defend instead of an idea of conquering. That is why we should modify the plant soldiers' hands so they can morph into different types of weaponry or shields.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 12, 2013, 08:49:28 pm »

I prefer peaceful and economical expansion, we are on course to make that village into an economic powerhouse, with many trade goods to sell, no need to attack anyone, we only need an adequate defensive force.
With economic power we'll get fame. With fame we'll get worshipers

Then we may start stockpiling mana for some megaprojects

I  still think that granting more boons is needed, especially one that would take care  for firejackets
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 12, 2013, 08:51:16 pm »

I am good with the blue watermelons for everyone. Don't make too much creatures. We should stop for now and don't make too much of each. Firejackets feed on fire, so it's fine, and the plants on sunlight, but those spiders and drakes needs meat. Either modify them or the watermelons, or make an intermediary "rabbit", eatable by humans as well.
If anything, make a food source for the spiders, but I think Rolepgeek's idea is better, just modifying the plant slightly so that it can feed multiple species.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You decide that first on the agenda is to solve the food supply problem for your more...carnivorous creations.

Eyeing the bluemelon bushes you've already created - rapidly being spread throughout the forest by the villagers dutifully planting all the seeds after eating one - you decide to target about a third of them.

Sending a pulse of Life and Chaos into them, you attempt to change the contents of their fruit to a more appropiate sustenance.

The affected bluemelons shudder, and their existing fruit drops to the ground as they begin to grow new melons - filled with a meaty-blood substance. However, something goes a little wrong during the modification process and you sense that this new variety will yield far less seeds - the food for the carnivors might be a little scarce until the bloodmelons have a chance to further multiply.
(1d20 : 3 + LifeSkill(4) + ChaosSkill(4) = 11)
-30 Mana
We need to expand soon
New idea by the way (at the risk of getting too elfy):  how about a making a plant that grows into a huge tower with room inside for people to live?  Not sure if anyone here has played morriwind and seen those giant mushroom wizard towers surrounded by lava but that's sort of my general idea.  The tower could also grow fruit for eating and maybe pods that make those plant soldiers.

The village carpenter is working as fast as he can, but he is just one man and can't possibly expand the village fast enough to accomodate the refuges, much less the migrants on the way from Ceres.

Deeming the walled-off village the 'core' of the settlement, you endeavor to create habitations outside of the wall. The wall will still be an excellent second layer of defense, but expanding it to keep up with the village as it continues to expand, repeatedly - well, it would be quite costly.

The forest had already receeded from the outskirts of the village as a result of woodcutters, but the exterior of the corrupted forest had expanded enough to compensate. With ample room, you search around for inspiration and your gaze lands upon a mushroom.

Drawing upon Life, you coax the mushroom into growing, and it began to shudder and enlarge. You take it slow, carefully, and half an hour later the mushroom had risen into a tower twice as tall as the trees.

You command your firejackets with a thought, and they fly towards the mushroom at once, hovering around it. Selecting a few to do the work, you carefully guide them into the mushroom, burning out paths and rooms within it without causing the mushroom to burst into outright flame. A mere twenty minutes later, the mushroom-tower lies ready for human habitation, with three levels of rooms connected by winding paths through it. It even has openings for windows, you muse.

The mushroom species you used seems to be quite abundant, so you have ample base material to work with. They're scattered irregularly, in the pattern of chaos, life's natural order, so to speak - and you wouldn't have it any other way.

You spend the rest of the day on the task, and though it exhausts your existing mana reserves, you manage to raise five additional mushroom towers - enough to house the refuges, with perhaps even a little room for some of the Ceres migrants. (1d6 : 5)

As the refuges get settled in, getting loans from the carpenter and tailor to furnish their new homes, you see some familiar faces arriving on the road.

"We're back!" Ustan announced cheerfully, leading a caravan of three wagons. Azula and Eldrick walk beside him, looking weary but obviously glad to be home. With them are nine migrants, including a carpenter, a mason, five farmers, a woodcutter, and interestingly, an alchemist. The surveyer you asked Ustan to hire has come as well, to look into the natural mineral and precious metal resources in the area.

Eldrick looks impressed upon seeing the new mushroom towers, and offers to work on raising new ones if you'll upgrade his boon. Azula meanwhile seems to have raised her Fire Skill while practicing on the road, Eldrick's Life Skill has risen as well.

After the caravans had been unloaded, you consult with Ustan about the results of the venture and find that the fire-nector stock sold for 1,400 total silver. 100 went towards travel expenses, 150 towards hiring the surveyer, and 350 went towards purchasing supplies for the village such as coal, oil, and herbs that didn't grow locally, among other miscellanii.

You give Ustan 200 of the profits as reward, and 100 each to Azula and Eldrick, leaving 400 silver remaining. After paying the carpenter, smith, and bone-carver their promised dues, you have 50 left.
Ustan inquires how many barrels of fire-nector were produced in his absence, and is taken aback slightly at the answer - 79.

"Well," you murmur. "It's a good thing you have more wagons now, for the next trip."
Ustan grins. "Yes, though with more on the line, I'll probably need more guards." He indicated Azula and Eldrick. "Don't get me wrong, those two slaughtered anyone who attacked us, but more guards will keep us from being attacked in the first place."

Shortly after, the day ends, and as morning comes you receive 172 Mana. None of the migrants worship you just yet, but you expect that to change once they see some miracles first-hand.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 01:53:05 am by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 130