Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221029 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #360 on: January 09, 2013, 11:15:21 pm »

Aw man, I was a huge fan of my idea. Ah well. But werewolf? Let's at least keep him vampire-esque with his soulsuit.

Or maybe like a jaguar. Like this or this. The whips things would be the vines, and the gatling-needler would be deep in the throat. So he could still bite.

Also, Woodsteel claws. Please let me have the claws.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 09, 2013, 11:30:10 pm »

Aw man, I was a huge fan of my idea. Ah well. But werewolf? Let's at least keep him vampire-esque with his soulsuit.
The idea was to do both.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
  • I appear then disappear without a trace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 10, 2013, 01:02:35 am »

The idea was to do both.
Yep like some Large hairy bat monster thing hybrid. Im drooling at how oddly cool that sounds. :P
Im a Lurker I tend to disappear dont just assume im totally gone cause Ill then pop up at odd times.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 10, 2013, 01:16:23 am »

It's amazing my name got this far. I feel awesome.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 10, 2013, 01:28:10 am »

Talk with the priest and ask if he trusts us yet. And check if the entire village worships us, if there are any STILL doubtful then we are doing something horribly wrong.

Also, we need to check if anyone converted when they saw Mahir wipe the floor with the orcs. I'd be on the ground praying to Mahir if I saw that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Well well," you say as you approach the partially constructed temple. "What's this?"

One of the villagers working on it stopped hammering, and grinned. "We figured it was the least we could do for saving us from Maher - not to mention the orcs haven't successfully raided us since you arrived."

"And what of our dear priest?" you inquire. "Has he changed his mind?"

The worker laughed. "Hell, it was his idea." He points, to where the priest is hauling in wooden planks. "Speaking of," the worker drawled, and returned to hammering.

You spend the 1 mana required to contact the priest, and murmur: "So this temple is your doing?"

The priest stiffens, then relaxes and nods. "I've...been a fool," he said. "Quentas's disappearance shook me to my core, and I forgot why we worshipped him in the first place - for the good of the village." He looked up. "And now it's for the good of the village if we have you as it's patron. So you have my worship."

10 mana flows into you as you gain the new worshipper, a priest with a strong soul is worth a considerable amount. "Thank you - you will not regret it."

The priest nodded, and hefted the wooden planks again. "We should have the temple finished in two days," he huffed as he started walking again.

We should focus on getting the local agriculture up and working again, possibly with Genetically Modified crops, courtesy of us.
Also, I have two questions: can we destroy souls for power, and can humans or other creatures express magical abilities(EDIT: Naturally. Like a human wizard being born that way, instead of being granted power.)?
I think Laksus could answer those two. Might need to reassure him we're not going to destroy him.

My vote is still for Plant Soldiers when we have the time.

"Laksus," you inquire, "I have a few questions."
"Ask away. Not like I have anything better to do," Laksus muttered.
"Can souls be sundered for power?"
"By you? No. That's the purview of the voidspawn."

"Ah..." you reply, a little worriedly. "Alright, second question - can any mortals use magic without a God's help?"
"Of course," Laksus replied, sounding a little surprised. "As you know, some souls are stronger than others - some souls are powerful enough that they can use the excess mana overflowing from themselves. Myself, for instance."
"Interesting..."

You spend the rest of the day fixing the cotton and wheat fields, which proved to be a surprisingly easy task - Maher's Death magic was already beginning to fade away without the God replenishing it, and with the skill you've gained in Life magic both fields combined only cost you 20 mana. One field beside the corn, wheat, and cotton fields lies both untainted and empty however - if you wished to create new kinds of crops, there is ample room.

Once again going for vampire/werewolf as well. Should be a deadly, hulking monstrosity, with some powers. We should also ask his speciality, too, and build a body around that. Though, I will say we could make some interesting golems built of elemental fire, and held together by iron armor.
Anyway, lets do the obvious and try to move our consciousness into the temple, and see what our dudes are up to.
And for today's project(s): Fix the unfixed field(s), and or create werewolf servants, and or create 'Firebeetles'(horse-sized beetles that shoot fire, less magical than firejackets,  and are mounts), and or create the seeds for Plant Soldiers.

EDIT: On not trusting Laksus: I think we can trust him, to an extent. At the very least we'll hold the reins to any body we make for him. But something tells me he'll get bored or rowdy with no combat, or anything to do. We should send him on scouting missions, or acquire flesh from somewhere for us to shape into new bodies. Not that we need pre-existing flesh, but I imagine it makes things easier.
Hey guy's just read this entire thead (looks great corrupter kudos ;D). So ill throw my two sense in i figure, for what to do with Laksus I personally like the monsterous vampire/werewolf thing the most.
He needs vicious claws and agility. Make the best use of his traits from when he was alive. He should also be stealthy - an assassin if we should ever need one to quietly induce chaos.

With life and fire, we should be able to give him a wooden body that doesn't burn or break - A fusing of the iron on the field and the corrupted tree wood that would become akin to steel in durability, and the inner body is filled with green flames, where the soul will reside. His eyes are the green flames inside, and his claws are pure steel-tipped and deadly sharp, turned to a hard steel using the carbon made by burning corrupted tree wood.

The next morning bolsters you with 65 mana (Total: 175), and you see that the temple is nearly complete. By your orders, Laksus's suit of armor is brought outside the village, onto a hill. The villagers stand it upright, and then start placing bones within it, as many as will fit. Next, they pile logs around it, dousing them in lantern oil. For the coup de grace, they pour two barrels of fire-nector into the armor.

"Excellent," your voice rumbles. "Now stand back to a safe distance." Privately to Laksus, you inquire, "Are you prepared?"
"More than prepared. I'm going stir-crazy here."

You concentrate, and force Laksus's soul to the physical world. A cloud of darkness comes forth, and you guide it into the armor. At a word from you, a villager tosses in a torch and the armor was swiftly surrounded by a blazing bonfire. It was time.

You reach for Life and coax vitality into the clustered bones within the armor, breaking down most of them into flesh, which the fire-nector swiftly began soaking into. The remaining bones begin forming into a normal skeleton's shape, as the flesh diversifies, some becoming muscle, others nerve tissue or organs.

While the flesh continues to assemble, you reach for Chaos and begin twisting the emerging life within the suit - you have an idea. Pulsating tendrils of energy latch onto the soul, beginning to knit it to the mortal flesh.

Lastly, you reach for Fire, and with a thunderous implosion the inferno surrounding the suit of armor was sucked inside, as the gold embellishes on the armor darken to crimson-red.

You keep balancing all three attributes for as long as you can continue to pour mana into the process, the suit of armor now glowing with red and green light. With a final push, you force your remaining mana into the finishing touches, resulting in a veritable explosion of energy that levelled the hilltop, scattering dust for miles around.

When the smoke cleared, you see the suit of armor tear off it's helmet, and fall to it's knees, gasping for breath. Laksus's head, unchanged from the last time you saw him alive, could be seen within. "You...brought...me back, the same way I was?" he asked incredulously, his voice regaining strength with each word. He took off the upper half of the armor, checking for mutations or alterations of some kind.

"Not quite," you answer, and a villager threw Laksus one of his daggers. Laksus caught it deftly, nodded in comprehension, and slashed it across one arm. As soon as the flesh parted, tendrils of greenish-red burst out, knitting the wound back together nearly as soon as it appeared.
"That's impossible," Laksus breathed, staring at his arm. "Even elder vampires don't have regeneration this fast."

"Chaos specializes in the impossible," you remark with a chuckle. "Now, search within yourself - there should be something else."

Laksus frowned, but closed his eyes in concentration. A minute passed, and then his eyes snapped open, his expression one of surprised agony as the sound of crackling bone and stretching muscles pierced the air. His form lengthened as fur sprouted and muscles became even leaner and more pronounced, as his mouth extended into a canine muzzle within which rows upon rows of razor-sharp crimson teeth bristled. His nails erupted into blood-red claws, and lines of spines extended from his forearms, the tip of each the same color as an incipient firebolt. He looked like an odd hybrid of a wolf, a panther, and a man, except for the red-tipped razor spines portruding from the arms. The beast raised his head and snarled, his red eyes settling on a nearby villager.

In a blur of motion, he leapt, his claws an inch from the villager's throat - "Stop" your voice boomed. "Do not prove weaker than the beast's instincts."

Laksus froze, his arm trembling for a moment as it hovered next to the man's jugular, and then dropped to his side. His features slowly slid back into the form of a man, armor reappearing as he did so, and he stepped backward from the villager. "I...apologize for losing control, how unprofessional of me," he said, his voice a little shaken.

"There is a tradeoff to your beast form," you tell him frankly. "In addition to the powerful instincts, you will only be able to regenerate in human form."

Laksus nodded, closing his eyes pensively - making the shift to beast form again, only faster this time. He sped towards the nearest tree, halting fifty feet away. Three spikes on his left forearm dislodged, flying into the tree faster than a firejacket in flight and piercing it with meaty sounds of impact. A beat later, a trio of small explosions shook the tree, and it slowly keeled over.

"Still in control?" you inquire with a chuckle. Laksus turned around, shifting smoothly back to human form, and nodded eagerly. "Amazing," he said, his tone threaded with genuine respect this time. "The speed, the power, the regeneration-"

"Just be careful whom you bite and leave alive," you caution, interrupting him. "I could sense the chaos energy in your new fangs from a mile away - your new released form might be contagious, to a lesser extent."

(1d20 : 16 + FireSkill(2) + LifeSkill(3) + ChaosSkill(2) = 24, all skills have increased!)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:50:33 am by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 10, 2013, 02:58:39 am »

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 03:09:34 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 10, 2013, 03:13:22 am »

You missed the fact that the priest worships us now.

And posting to watch.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 10, 2013, 03:15:16 am »

You missed the fact that the priest worships us now.

And posting to watch.
Thank, fixed it.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 10, 2013, 08:08:44 am »

An excellent body. He still owes us an explanation as to Maher's plans and or forces.
Anyway, I suggest we GM some new crops for the people; give them seeds for some super crops they can grow, plus some plant soldiers in the fallow field.
Then we should see what/where the nearest other village is(that isn't Maher's), and consider adding it to our collection.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 10, 2013, 12:40:17 pm »

New crop... We need something that peasants can sell for  good profit and\or be useful for the village itself.

Some ideas:

1) Hallucinogenic berries that improve magic skills of anyone who tasted it. Narcotics sell nicely
2) Hard, bright red berries, close to jewels in properties
3) Explosive berries, that can be used as a very dangerous ammunition
4) Just berries with hot, pepper like taste. Spices are expensive
5) Healing berries
6) Berries that are extremely tasteful and useful for firejackets (Or firejackets may love nectar and pollinate the bush)

Or some combinations of above... For example green berry can be 1 and 6, if not harvested it turns into 2
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 10, 2013, 12:50:41 pm »

I like number 4 and 5. 3 sound dangerous("Did you remember to harvest the one behind the church?" BOOM "Nevermind."). 1 sound off(Crackheads with magic powers off the charts).

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 10, 2013, 12:52:50 pm »

The spice plant and the sweet berries might be an option but I don't really like the rest of those ideas.  Fire nectar already has healing anilities so something similar would be redundant.  Hard berries don't sound very useful and probably wouldn't be worth a lot unless we tricked people into thinking they are jewels and that could backfire.  Distributing hallucinagenic drugs to our own people could end with them all clawing their eyes out on a bad trip, probably not very often but still.  Explosive berries.... I just have a bad feeling about.  Maybe after we get more followers and can more easily recover from a bunch of them blowing up, then we'll explore that type of thing more.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 10, 2013, 01:02:24 pm »

Explosive and easily explosive are different things. It falls to the ground from the bush - nothing happens...
Throw it in fire - it burns nicely, but nothing more

Knock it with a hammer, or fire from a slingshot - then BOOM

Anyway, I think making nectar of whatever we create tasty for firejackets will help with pollination

You can't have to many healing options...

Oh, and magicusing crackheads = CHAOS
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:04:00 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 10, 2013, 02:23:39 pm »

I say we inquire with Laksus as to Maher's plans and try to create some of the Plant Soldiers that have been discussed. Preferably, use them to guard the fields and give them the ability to infuse the field with life. It may prevent future incursions of death magic there.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 10, 2013, 03:00:06 pm »

I say we calm down and dont get overhead with bajizillions of variously useful creatures and plants. Scout nearby villages (minas nurgle and the like) to get a feel of what's there. Don't get stupid and make the local god angry. Just look. And if (s)he spots you, engage in amiable discussion and generally be a nice neighbour.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 130