Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221064 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #330 on: January 09, 2013, 05:58:42 pm »

Posting to read for later.  Looks like a good thread corruptor. :D
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 09, 2013, 06:14:43 pm »

Too long.
I agree with your idea for the afterlife and choice of host for Laksus, though, asking to modify unborn children, may result in getting some people a little pissed off, seeing as we only recently took control of this village.
True. But that's why it's as a long term plan, seeing as we could more easily pull this off with 100% of their trust.
But it might be easier to speak with the expectant mothers themselves, in private.
Ooooor. We could lie. We could secretly modify the fetuses. When the odd child(ren) is born, we profess it was an accident; we were trying to save the fetus from [insert complication here], but accidentally modified it while saving it. Chaos gods often get the dropsies with powers, you see. That said, if we even do try this project, we're going in with a scalpel, not our usual sledgehammer. Any fuck up, no matter how minor, will completely screw the pooch on that project.
If we end up "accidentally" modifying the unborn children to save them from a "complication" some may not trust Donut as much when it comes to fixing things. I say we hold off on this idea for now as a long term plan. In the future when we have more worshipers, it will be a far more viable plan. 

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 09, 2013, 06:18:24 pm »

Too long.
I agree with your idea for the afterlife and choice of host for Laksus, though, asking to modify unborn children, may result in getting some people a little pissed off, seeing as we only recently took control of this village.
True. But that's why it's as a long term plan, seeing as we could more easily pull this off with 100% of their trust.
But it might be easier to speak with the expectant mothers themselves, in private.
Ooooor. We could lie. We could secretly modify the fetuses. When the odd child(ren) is born, we profess it was an accident; we were trying to save the fetus from [insert complication here], but accidentally modified it while saving it. Chaos gods often get the dropsies with powers, you see. That said, if we even do try this project, we're going in with a scalpel, not our usual sledgehammer. Any fuck up, no matter how minor, will completely screw the pooch on that project.
If we end up "accidentally" modifying the unborn children to save them from a "complication" some may not trust Donut as much when it comes to fixing things. I say we hold off on this idea for now as a long term plan. In the future when we have more worshipers, it will be a far more viable plan.
Very well. You've made a solid argument, and I will accept this is a plan to be pocketed, and carried out at a later date.
As a fun fact: we can pull Maher's 'no crops' trick by editing crops(and seeds) to burn through their life span so fast they die pretty much overnight.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 09, 2013, 06:35:48 pm »

I suggest we work on the Afterlife for now.

It should blend Life, Chaos, and Fire.

Maybe an island floating in a sea of magma, covered in ever-shifting wilderness?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 09, 2013, 06:40:17 pm »

Maybe an island floating in a sea of magma, covered in ever-shifting wilderness?
Cough!
Start simple, a flaming tree(in that instead of wood it fire) that change seasons every so often for the afterlife(budding in spring, leaves in summer, falling ash in can't spell and bare in winter).
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 09, 2013, 06:44:50 pm »

I like that
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 09, 2013, 07:29:37 pm »

How about we blend both? Wyrm's suggestion, with Scapheap's tree(as a giant, Yggdrasil like thing) in the middle(still unreachable, but tree is big enough to see) of the island, which changes as time passes, so the dead know how long they've been gone from the mortal coil. Then make it an island that breeds badasses?
For simple starts, island in a sea of magma(convection schmonvection; it doesn't burn anything near it, unless you try to swim), which has a non-shifting forest(filled with edible fruits and veggies), and the Yggdrasil tree(to be called Sprinkles?) slightly taller than the rest, and made of brilliant, unnatural color.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 09, 2013, 07:32:48 pm »

You could make the heaven peaceful with the option of fighting/working your way into a nicer part of the afterlife.  So everybody starts on level 1 with infinite amazing food and drink.  It pretty much caters to base desires.  Each progressive level starting with #2 would be a bit more spiritual in nature with the final level (maybe the giant tree?) bestowing spiritual enlightenment and true bliss upon the followers.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 09, 2013, 07:33:53 pm »

(something to be added later)

In our Isle of Badass, occasionally a bridge will rise out of the magma sea back to the mainland, filled with incredibly dangerous creatures and enemies. If anyone is strong enough to fight through these creatures and wishes to be reincarnated, we can grant them new life. This would be INSANELY difficult to do, and only one person gets to attempt it each very-rare rise of the bridge.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 09, 2013, 08:26:19 pm »

How about we blend both? Wyrm's suggestion, with Scapheap's tree(as a giant, Yggdrasil like thing) in the middle(still unreachable, but tree is big enough to see) of the island, which changes as time passes, so the dead know how long they've been gone from the mortal coil. Then make it an island that breeds badasses?
For simple starts, island in a sea of magma(convection schmonvection; it doesn't burn anything near it, unless you try to swim), which has a non-shifting forest(filled with edible fruits and veggies), and the Yggdrasil tree(to be called Sprinkles?) slightly taller than the rest, and made of brilliant, unnatural color.
Call the tree Frosting, and save Sprinkles for something more numerous.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 09, 2013, 08:30:16 pm »

Posting to read for later.  Looks like a good thread corruptor. :D
Thanks! ^^

Ceres. We just flinging ideas for Laksus' golem ahead of time while we deal with more pressing issues, like the fields.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You broadcast your voice to all worshippers, announcing: The forest is safe again, the denizens there your new protectors. Feel free to loot the battlefield, but I do ask that you set aside the iron gear for me - I have need of it for a project.

You pause as the villagers started streaming greedily towards the battlefield and add, "I may be unavailable for a time, as I build an afterlife for the faithful."

Before you delve into the task, you privately contact Azula and Eldrick, instructing them on what to do while on the visit to Ceres. "I will have finished the ritual by the time you arrive," you reassure them. "And you have little to fear from brigands, with your skills." "We won't fail you," Azula answered, inclining her head.

That done, you draw on all of your aspects and your mana pool, before throwing yourself into the ritual, operating on instinct. You exist in more dimensions than three, and you feel yourself moving on the fourth dimension - and abruptly your awareness was in a cold, empty void, devoid of even stars.

Fighting down the instinctual fear of the hungry nothingness around you, you begin weaving energy into matter. Earth is not one of your domains, so you create a quarter-mile swath of jungle vegetation as a ground, out of which trees of every type and description began to grow. Lush fruit bushes sprouted, the color and flavor of their fruit different for every berry. Small animals rose to populate the land, birds and lemurs, cats and dogs - as well as firejackets.

Last but not least, in the middle of the land there was a rumbling and a torrent of flame that erupted from above and below at the same time, which began to congeal into the shape of a gigantic tree. The fire shimmered with every hue of flame, and strange blood-red berries began to form on the lowest branches.

It was done. As you think the thought, the void shrinks away as the land loops upon itself north connecting to south, west to east, diagonal to diagonal in a way that defied conventional physics. At the moment, the dimension was small enough that one could stand next to the tree of flame, and see the same tree in the distance.

You reach within your being, and gently deposit the two worshipper souls you possessed, their insubstantial golden cloud congealing into clothed bodies upon touching the ground. Their appearences looked younger than you remembered, in the prime of their life. One, a woman with golden-blonde hair, looked around in amazement, one hand reaching out to touch the tree of flame, and drew it back unburnt. "The heat's so soothing," she said, sitting down by the tree. The other soul, a man, wandered to one of the crimson berries the tree of flame had grown.

"Careful," you caution. "Those blood berries contain the undiluted power of Chaos. If you consume it, you will be tested by that power. A test you may not survive. If you succeed though, you will become...more."

The man lowered his hand. "Ah - I think I'll make do with the normal berries, for now then," he said, his eyes a little wide, wandering off to a find a berry bush.

You direct your voice inward. "Laksus? You may stay here until I have the mana to make you a body, if you wish."
You hear a snort. "Frolicking about in paradise isn't really my style," he drawled in reply. "Very well," you reply.

You shift back to the mortal coil, and receive a whopping 120 mana with more than a little surprise, looking at the position of the sun. It's just after morning, which means you were concentrating on the afterlife's creation for over a day. Just as well, you were down to 1 mana after all that creation.

The firejackets seem to have doubled their numbers, and you think you know why - all the rotting orc corpses had been burned, the battlefield stripped of all useful loot. You note with satisfaction that the pile of iron set aside for you is quite large.

Another enormous pile, this one composed of arrows carved from bone, attests that some crafty villager has been making use of the surplus of materials.

But what most catches your eye is the half-constructed temple in the center of town, made entirely from copper and wood from the corrupted trees.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 09, 2013, 08:40:22 pm »

Use some iron to make the steel endoskeleton for Laksus, im still pining for the "bare skeleton wreathed in controllable flames" style of the golem.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
  • I appear then disappear without a trace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 09, 2013, 08:48:21 pm »

Hey guy's just read this entire thead (looks great corrupter kudos ;D). So ill throw my two sense in i figure, for what to do with Laksus I personally like the monsterous vampire/werewolf thing the most.
Im a Lurker I tend to disappear dont just assume im totally gone cause Ill then pop up at odd times.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 09, 2013, 08:55:33 pm »

He needs vicious claws and agility. Make the best use of his traits from when he was alive. He should also be stealthy - an assassin if we should ever need one to quietly induce chaos.

With life and fire, we should be able to give him a wooden body that doesn't burn or break - A fusing of the iron on the field and the corrupted tree wood that would become akin to steel in durability, and the inner body is filled with green flames, where the soul will reside. His eyes are the green flames inside, and his claws are pure steel-tipped and deadly sharp, turned to a hard steel using the carbon made by burning corrupted tree wood.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 09, 2013, 08:56:46 pm »

But not yet. Wait for an Afterlife and more reason to trust him.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 130