Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220935 times)

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #315 on: January 09, 2013, 04:26:48 pm »

Take the soul and start healing our people. And if we have mana left fix the remaining fields or fix the trees friend or foe targeting which ever take less mana to fix.
Yes, take the damn soul. And put him into a chaos golem. This time is different however. The golem shall have a steel endoskeleton the sane structure as a human, and a flaming exterior. The flames can change intensity and shape, he shall be the golem of Chaos and Fire. While Tiberius is slow, powerful and hard to kill, this one will be faster, more powerful, but a bit easier to kill than tiberius.
I agree with handing out heals. Preferably of the 'plant cybernetics' type. But that's just me.
Then after that, making the forest slightly less deadly should be a priority, followed by fixing up the fields.
Anyway, I'd wager Lasus' soul is well trained in the arts of combat, and would make a decent servant. For his body, I would suggest a REALLY big(but still about 'man sized') hunched figure with two red beady eyes, long and sharp canine teeth, bat-like ears, long, wicked claws, and digitigrade legs. Basically a monstrous vampire body. We shouldn't have any rhyme or reason with our forces, above what's required to keep the bookkeeping easy. After all, we're a god of chaos.
Oh, we should also ask our followers what their previous god's spheres were. If it's the dying god we encountered earlier, then what a guy.
This game reminds me of Demonhood quite a bit(fire, randomness, EVIL CREATIONS). Fire fire, build-a-pyre.....
It's a good guess, Koliup, but there's a strong bit of evidence that the dying God you first encountered was not the village's previous God.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You reach out to the floating soul and try to contact it. "Laksus," you greet him cautiously. "Why are you here?"

"Maher's sense of humor outweighs his loyalty to his followers, obviously," the soul replied sourly.

"And I should totally trust the disgruntled soul so that he can betray me to his true master at some critical moment," you drawled, your voice deadpan.

"By all means, distrust me," Laksus replied. "But Maher gave you my soul - he can't take it back unless you give it to him in turn." The soul's tone hardened. "Look, I care about one thing - power. I don't care who it comes from, Maher or you - well, I suppose I would refuse Grumugga, but that's a bad example. What I'm trying to say, is that if you use me well, and promise not to throw me away at the end like Maher did, you won't regret it. "

You consider that for a moment. "And you have information about Maher's forces, locations, plans?"

"Give me a body," Laksus promised, "And I'll tell you everything I know."

You absorb the soul, receiving 10 mana since it's a new worshipper that has quite a powerful spirit, and now have 3 total souls.

You'll handle Laksus later, for now the village needs healing. When your awareness snaps back to the village however, you only see a handful of wounded - Eldrick's fiancee Lara seems to be making the rounds with Fire-Nector. You remember that Eldrick mentioned to you offhand once about how she's studying to be an herbal healer, interesting.

In fact, as you watch Lara salve the remaining minor wounds, the only wounded now remaining is the poor fellow missing a hand. You zoom down to him, and say kindly, "This won't hurt a bit."

You reach for your Life attribute and gently pour it into the space where his hand should be. With a faint glow of green light, bones began to grow from the stump of the wrist, with muscles swiftly growing to cover them and skin clothing the muscles moments after. In a matter of five seconds, the hand was restored. (Not going to make you roll for an action as minor as that)

"Thank you," the man whispered, moving the hand experimentally and staring at it disbelievingly.
The spell cost 5 Mana, leaving you with 65.

The two corpses of the slain villagers are already being lowered reverently in just-dug graves, as the rest of the village gathers around and the Priest and family members of the slain each say a few solemn words. "Their souls are safe with me," you say to the procession quietly. "The afterlife I create will be one worthy of these brave defenders, you have my word."

You check up on Tiberius, who couldn't attend the ceremony with his wounds, and find him outside basking in the sunlight. He seems to sense your presence and chuckles. "Don't worry about me, my Lord, I'm feeling better already. The sun's good for me - I think it's a combination of the Fire and Life elements you weaved into my creation."
"Glad to hear it," you reply. "You fought superbly."
(Tiberius's Combat Skill has increased to 7 as a result of the battle)

You turn your gaze to the corrupted forest - time to end the village's isolation. You reach for Chaos and grasp the affected trees with the energy of Change, attempting to make them follow your directives. The multicolor glow of chaos energy flew out, sinking into the trees. For a minute, the entire forest quivered, and then all was silent.

You reach out, and project your will to a Fungus Spawn: Walk in circles. The Fungus Spawn stiffened, and then began walking around a tree with no signs of stopping. Excellent...you spread your will throughout the entire forest, down to the last spore, and issue the instruction: Do not harm any human unless commanded to do so.

(1d20 : 11 + ChaosSkill(2) = 13, the spell worked but cost more mana than it would otherwise.)
-25 Mana

You hear Ustan, the village merchant, calling to you and zoom your awareness to him. "The firejackets just brought in the fire-nector they've been producing over the last few days," he said excitedly. "We have over twenty barrels now, a full wagon-load."

"Ah," you chuckle. "I see. Go to Ceres with my blessing."
After a moment's consideration you say, "I will send Eldrick and Azula with you, to spread word of my power through their boons, and to guard you against trouble on the road."

"I'll be ready to leave on the morrow," he replies, bowing deeply.

Lastly, you go to survey the war-torn ground that the brunt of the battle had raged on. Over a hundred skeleton corpses, over six hundred orc corpses - most of the orcs had copper weapons and leather armor, but there is some quality iron gear as well. All magic has worn off the corpses, but none of them have turned into Fungus Spawn - you surmise that the spores need a living host, or failing that, at least flesh given false life with Necromancy. What do you do with the fallen corpses and loot?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:33:00 pm by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 09, 2013, 04:39:11 pm »

for corpses... Gatther them in one big pile, and burn them down, firejackets should enjoy that heat and our villagers may use those ashes as nutrients
Loot should get categorized and stored, maybe sold

And still, we need afterlife to put the souls... maybe ethernal fire in the center of the village powered by souls? Firejackets may nest around it quite nicely. And can act as a shrine. Let's use our mana and 2 souls to create that fire

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 09, 2013, 04:43:41 pm »

((Are afterlives in this world or is there a separate plane for them.))

We need to fix those fields.

And when things are less pressing, Laksus' body should uses chaos for speed(changing the distance) and it should be wolf theme.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:50:09 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 09, 2013, 04:51:30 pm »

((Are afterlives in this world or is there a separate plane for them.))
They exist in a new dimension that the God creates, costing more mana the larger it is, the more complex it is...but once it's created, you can expand it and add things of course.

Souls you personally carry only generate 1 mana, but souls in an afterlife generate 3, and generally passively pay for any upkeep for features in the afterlife. However, major features like, say, a Chaos Golem factory, would definitely cost you upkeep if you didn't have a huge population of souls.

Afterlife dimensions are also invadable once they reach a certain size, so defense is something to be eventually considered.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 09, 2013, 05:05:40 pm »

Start simple, a flaming tree(in that instead of wood it fire) that change seasons every so often for the afterlife(budding in spring, leaves in summer, falling ash in can't spell and bare in winter).
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:09:24 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 09, 2013, 05:14:32 pm »

Put Laksus into a chaos golem. This time is different however. The golem shall have a steel endoskeleton the same structure as a human, and a flaming exterior. The flames can change intensity and shape, he shall be the golem of Chaos and Fire. While Tiberius is slow, powerful and hard to kill, this one will be faster, more powerful, but a bit easier to kill than Tiberius. If we field them together, they'd be unstoppable.
Laksus would look kinda like this: http://flikie.s3.amazonaws.com/ImageStorage/72/72a75bb5255442b0af7733ef99aedb01.jpg but the endoskeleton is made of steel and the fire can be controlled by Laksus' soul.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 09, 2013, 05:20:11 pm »

Werewolf-like and teleporting(chaos).

Teleporting at the least.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 09, 2013, 05:25:48 pm »

Put Laksus into a chaos golem. This time is different however. The golem shall have a steel endoskeleton the same structure as a human, and a flaming exterior. The flames can change intensity and shape, he shall be the golem of Chaos and Fire. While Tiberius is slow, powerful and hard to kill, this one will be faster, more powerful, but a bit easier to kill than Tiberius. If we field them together, they'd be unstoppable.
Laksus would look kinda like this: http://flikie.s3.amazonaws.com/ImageStorage/72/72a75bb5255442b0af7733ef99aedb01.jpg but the endoskeleton is made of steel and the fire can be controlled by Laksus' soul.
Where are you going to get the steel?

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 09, 2013, 05:29:23 pm »

I still vote we go for a Garden of Eden, or a closed-in-by-cliffs jungle of some sort, which is ever changing. Souls there are pushed to become tough fighters and survivors(gradually- no newbie griefing) in this deadly jungle, filled with hostile versions of our creations, and less hostile normal creatures. This is relaxed for the souls of children or babies, who are allowed to grow into adults in a peaceful but toughening life in the normally unreachable center of the ever shifting jungle. Then get to becoming hard as nails. All souls there instinctually know they are there to become badasses.
Basically, a life god's version of Valhalla, which also has infinite respawns.
If that's too much work, then just go for a jungle surrounded by cliffs with a village in the center right now, or whatever it takes to build it. We can add the chaos element later.

I further suggest we build a fast, vampire/wolf like humanoid body(possibly big, and extra badass) for Laksus, using the already existing flesh of the dead orcs and whatnot, to help ease the cost. Any leftover flesh, I say pile up, and we pour all three Fire and Life of our elements into, focusing on making a bunch of creatures(sans human intelligence) like Laksus, minus any specialities he has, with the ability to hibernate until needed.
THEN, we pour energy into the fields until the villagers can use them, and get them to till another, and hand them seeds to grow an army of mantis men plant men, like from Nextwave.
As for the orc's equipment? Let the villagers do as they please with it. Plowshares, swords, whatever they want.

As a long term project, I think we should ask any pregnant women in the village if they'd be willing to allow us to modify their unborn child. My few ideas: Uber-humans. Dryad folk. Fire People. MUTANT PEOPLE. Some-sort-of-monstrous-humanoid. Of course, we shouldn't completely hijack the pregnancy. Just add slight features to the children, that, over a few generations will get us to our end result. Lets try to keep our chaos power FAAAAAAR from this project, unless we go for mutants.
I'm voting for Dryad folk, FYI.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:31:03 pm by Koliup »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 09, 2013, 05:29:45 pm »

Ceres. We just flinging ideas for Laksus' golem ahead of time while we deal with more pressing issues, like the fields.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 09, 2013, 05:30:58 pm »

Where are you going to get the steel?

By adding more carbon to the iron that is laying around on the battlefield.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 09, 2013, 05:37:16 pm »

I still vote we go for a Garden of Eden, or a closed-in-by-cliffs jungle of some sort, which is ever changing. Souls there are pushed to become tough fighters and survivors(gradually- no newbie griefing) in this deadly jungle, filled with hostile versions of our creations, and less hostile normal creatures. This is relaxed for the souls of children or babies, who are allowed to grow into adults in a peaceful but toughening life in the normally unreachable center of the ever shifting jungle. Then get to becoming hard as nails. All souls there instinctually know they are there to become badasses.
Basically, a life god's version of Valhalla, which also has infinite respawns.
If that's too much work, then just go for a jungle surrounded by cliffs with a village in the center right now, or whatever it takes to build it. We can add the chaos element later.

I further suggest we build a fast, vampire/wolf like humanoid body(possibly big, and extra badass) for Laksus, using the already existing flesh of the dead orcs and whatnot, to help ease the cost. Any leftover flesh, I say pile up, and we pour all three Fire and Life of our elements into, focusing on making a bunch of creatures(sans human intelligence) like Laksus, minus any specialities he has, with the ability to hibernate until needed.
THEN, we pour energy into the fields until the villagers can use them, and get them to till another, and hand them seeds to grow an army of mantis men plant men, like from Nextwave.
As for the orc's equipment? Let the villagers do as they please with it. Plowshares, swords, whatever they want.

As a long term project, I think we should ask any pregnant women in the village if they'd be willing to allow us to modify their unborn child. My few ideas: Uber-humans. Dryad folk. Fire People. MUTANT PEOPLE. Some-sort-of-monstrous-humanoid. Of course, we shouldn't completely hijack the pregnancy. Just add slight features to the children, that, over a few generations will get us to our end result. Lets try to keep our chaos power FAAAAAAR from this project, unless we go for mutants.
I'm voting for Dryad folk, FYI.
I agree with your idea for the afterlife and choice of host for Laksus, though, asking to modify unborn children, may result in getting some people a little pissed off, seeing as we only recently took control of this village.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 09, 2013, 05:43:52 pm »

-stuff-
I agree with your idea for the afterlife and choice of host for Laksus, though, asking to modify unborn children, may result in getting some people a little pissed off, seeing as we only recently took control of this village.
Yes let hold off the GMing of unborn children for now. Teleporting.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 09, 2013, 05:48:19 pm »

Too long.
True. But that's why it's as a long term plan, seeing as we could more easily pull this off with 100% of their trust.
But it might be easier to speak with the expectant mothers themselves, in private.
Ooooor. We could lie. We could secretly modify the fetuses. When the odd child(ren) is born, we profess it was an accident; we were trying to save the fetus from [insert complication here], but accidentally modified it while saving it. Chaos gods often get the dropsies with powers, you see. That said, if we even do try this project, we're going in with a scalpel, not our usual sledgehammer. Any fuck up, no matter how minor, will completely screw the pooch on that project.

Also: fire elementals. Lets do this. Make them out of flames, and nest Firejackets in them.
Actually, on the note of Firejackets, why not build something... bigger? Obviously less magical, maybe needing to breed and lay eggs in a warm place, but bigger. Like a giant flightless(or not!) scarab or Hercules beetle that can shoot fireballs from its mouth, or something equally awesome. They can be our new horsies. Cause regular horses are for CHUMPS.

Man, this brings back fond memories. Poor flesh trees.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 09, 2013, 05:49:13 pm »

I suggest a central volcano, with smaller mountains branching off in five direction, becoming smaller and smaller with the distance, finally becoming hills. The mountains are surrounded by forests, of various essences (pines, oaks, birchs...). But there is also, and mostly, plains filled with wild plants with harmless thorns and flowers. There will be firejackets and every benevolent creature we'll create. Our followers arriving here will find a couple villages, overwhelmed with plants, but never decaying. The plants are never a hindrance here, not restricting movement, not stinging, not poisoning... The animals as well are harmless. Our follower wont need to eat or drink, etc... But can still enjoy it. Basically it's like actual life, but in a flourishing, harmless environment.
Also they have nature and fire boons there, so they can make whatever plant they want grow and light fire wherever they want.
Chaos could be represented with random, yet innofensive, events. Such as sudden weather changes, random wildlife behaviour, unexpected plant growth (your strawberries patch being replaced with delicious fungus overnight for example). The randomnes will never be frightening, at most mildly annoying, but still funny. (when you can handwave away the mushrooms and make your sweet strawberries back, it's not an annoyance. And you'll have something to say at the next feast.)
One last thing: maybe adding "angels". Inspired by Tiberius, with a metallic (but here it's precious metal like gold or silver) "exoskeletton", and inside a living plant thing, burning with harmless multicolor flames, taking the form of beautiful humanoids. Think of the flame atronach from skyrim with plants inside the black armor. They'll serve the deads like kind, joyful maids.
Ahem. I thought we were benevolent.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 130