Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220932 times)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #255 on: January 08, 2013, 06:21:49 pm »

Lets sit back and wait it out. Obviously the orcs, skeletons and everything else can do our jobs. Hold the walls. Have villagers just hold the wall. If we have spears, see if they can stab through the wall.

The wall can open to attract them and them close last minute.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 08, 2013, 06:24:04 pm »

The orcs have no death fields, send a few experimental firejackets after them. If they are successful, send more.
No! The orcs are outside fighting the skeletons, we need them alive until the greater threat is gone.
Let them fight, skeletons are worse to deal with while orcs are easy for us.
Let them fight, while we fight the skellies as well. This death god made Hitler's blunder...
Godwin' law.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 08, 2013, 06:26:50 pm »

Could a few villagers retreat for a little while and pray? We could use a mana boost right now.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 08, 2013, 06:28:54 pm »

We can't wait out. Our villagers are dying...

I say try to negotiate a peace treaty with Meher (thank him for good combat and so on)  and cooperate to kill that orcish bitch

Failing that order 50 firejackets at two priests messing with our wall ( we should leave 10 in reserve to not lose entire species)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 08, 2013, 06:30:48 pm »

Aaaand... Godwin point.

I guess the wall is too thick to stab through. (a decent wall is several meters thick)

I'm also in favor of letting them fight, it can only work in our favor. Do stricktly nothing besides regrouping, cleaning out the village, healing the wounded with fire nectar and preventing anything to enter uninvited.

Chuckle at the older Grumugga being basically called a toddler, while we, only weeks old, are reffered as an "adult".
Also apologize for the orcs being killed. Again. They were at the wrong place at the wrong time. Again.

And damn, those are proper gods. I'm glad Maher is the playful type...

EDIT: Damn the three four ninjas!
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 08, 2013, 06:31:28 pm »

I say try to negotiate a peace treaty with Meher (thank him for good combat and so on)  and cooperate to kill that orcish bitch

Failing that order 50 firejackets at two priests messing with our wall ( we should leave 10 in reserve to not lose entire species)
Maher is trying to wipe us out, there is no reasoning with him. Let's just have a few villagers retreat to the church and pray for a few minutes, then we can get a champion of life to get past the death barriers and get the priests.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 08, 2013, 06:35:41 pm »

We should probably deal with the clerics. How abut send some of the firejackets into them?

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 08, 2013, 06:37:15 pm »

The clerics have death shields that will kill them.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 08, 2013, 06:37:24 pm »

Maher is trying to wipe us out, there is no reasoning with him. Let's just have a few villagers retreat to the church and pray for a few minutes, then we can get a champion of life to get past the death barriers and get the priests.
Praying is a boost to own daily income, it not going to help here.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 08, 2013, 06:38:50 pm »

Praying is a boost to own daily income, it not going to help here.
It's a boost because of how much they pray, if they pray a little more right now we'll get mana.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 08, 2013, 06:42:20 pm »

Maybe, but we got one enemy cleric down that way.  And lost zero fire jackets, they only need some time to restore... diving from above at top speed should do the the trick.

And I see no reason why we can't be friendly with Maher... Sure, life and death oppose, but other traits don't make us direct enemies, We can share zones of influence

It's a boost because of how much they pray, if they pray a little more right now we'll get mana.
No we don't
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 08, 2013, 06:44:52 pm »

Maybe, but we got one enemy cleric down that way.  And lost zero fire jackets, they only need some time to restore... diving from above at top speed should do the the trick.

And I see no reason why we can't be friendly with Maher... Sure, life and death oppose, but other traits don't make us direct enemies, We can share zones of influence

No we don't
No, Maher has tried to make the villagers here worship him, they didnt, now he is wiping them out and will not stop to form a truce with the guy making sure that he loses followers.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 08, 2013, 06:52:29 pm »

If he respects us for a good fight and considers further fighting with us to damaging, then it's quite possible to become allies. I don't say that it is 100% thing, but it's possible

His spheres are death, creation and lightning... Far from directly opposite to ours. If he was death, cold, order, then I could say that peace is impossible.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 08, 2013, 06:53:53 pm »

No we don't
No, Maher has tried to make the villagers here worship him, they didnt, now he is wiping them out and will not stop to form a truce with the guy making sure that he loses followers.
And we in the middle of a battle fighting him.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 08, 2013, 07:36:31 pm »

We should send five(or ten, or more. However many it takes to burn baby burn.) fire jackets at each enemy cleric.
Their objective is to light the cleric(s) on fire with their 'dead' bodies.

Also, a quick question: if those villagers died, and worshipped us, how come we didn't get their souls, or any mana?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 07:40:02 pm by Koliup »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 130