Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220858 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #210 on: January 06, 2013, 06:59:41 pm »

Chaos is not disorder. Chaos is change, chaos is, y, randomness, but will we truly be gaining power, or will it be a random distribution to other gods should we have therm mutter random syllables? Chaos is change, chaos is movement, chaos is freedom. Our followers should change their rituals every week, and worship as they choose. A yearly migration or even monthly would be appropriate.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 06, 2013, 07:02:39 pm »

Mm, that makes sense. Or maybe, to stay centered in the village, have them redecorate their living spaces every month.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 06, 2013, 07:49:35 pm »

We need Mana... We need  rituals that grant this

Human sacrifices are good, but not very well suited  for the life god. Anything except willing self sacrifice is out of the question

So, what should our cultists  do to boost our mana output?

Burning down something valuable? (Fire)
Tantric sex? (Life)
Tantric wild sex orgies? (Life + Chaos)
Ever heard of churches. They got this thing know as praying.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You project your voice to all worshippers. "Faithful of Donut, so far together we have accomplished incredible things, and now we stand more ready to defend our village than Maher could have possibly expected."

You pause for a moment, and then continue. "But Maher has many, many worshippers - many villages, from what I can surmise. And he likely has no qualms about unwilling human sacrifices."

"We, uh - we aren't going to respond in kind, are we?" asks Ustan the town merchant, his tone unsettled.

"I am a God of Life," you admonish. "What I ask is not sacrifice, but rather a few minutes of prayer every morning."

A collective sigh of relief goes up from the villagers. "That sounds a lot easier than sacrifices," Ustan concedes with a wry smile.

"Good," you murmur. "I wish to minimize your losses in the upcoming battle, and every bit of power helps."

The prayer system is fairly simple. Worshippers increase their daily mana contribution by 1.5x for every ten minutes of prayer. On their own, a worshipper's prayers do not increase that contribution past ten minutes. With a temple, that max increases to 20 minutes. With a shrine, 40 minutes. Since you have 22 worshippers praying for ten minutes now, you gain a supplement of 33 mana, bringing your current total to 61.

>.> Let's focus on surviving. I don't think any of our follower's have real military training yet anyway, so they'd as likely hit themselves as their target...
Meanwhile, maybe we should start organized military drills? Having them work together and all? It's a small community, so they probably have to work together a lot just to survive, anyway(should be used to it). 25 people should train, learning to fight and march in the following formations;

Skirmish; they have a few yards between each of them, enough so they stretch around the village behind the thorn wall, and can support each other in an emergency.
Rank; Fighting in three ranks, about 8 people in each with one person in a fourth watching to see what's going on and what needs be adjusted.
Last Stand; 5x5 formation with a small gap in the center for two people. Fighting on all sides in case everything goes to hell.

Weapons should start being crafted by the village smith, converting hoes and other long-handled implements into spears with broad points. Clubs and the like should be easy to find, but spears will keep our foes back long enough for Tiberius McBadass to get over and help. Plus, easy to use, comparatively; these people should be pretty strong from back-breaking farm work, and it's mostly just 'thrust the pointy bit at them, don't hit your friends. It'd be nice for them to be around seven to eight feet long, to give them plenty of room. And everyone should have a short weapon too, in case they get too close.

We can use fire to help smith craft the weapons. Azula and Eldrick should try to work together to help fortify the wall and make fire-flowers or something.

And we need at least one lightning rod. Is there a tower of fountain of some sort in the village?

On your word, Tiberius begins to drill the combat-capable villagers in group tactics against the undead.
"The individual skeleton or zombie is easily handled," he told the assembled group. "Their weapons are fear and numbers.  Stay calm, guard your ally's side, as you trust him to guard yours, and you'll survive this battle."
The training then proceeds to specific tactics and formations, and you shift your attention to the village smith.

"Eisen," you greet him. "How are the weapon stockpiles?"

"The problem is we need more hands to wield the weapons, rather than a lack of weapons themselves," he answered frankly. "As it stands, we have a cutting weapon, a blunt weapon, and a dagger or short sword for extreme short range combat for every villager who's volunteered to fight."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Local map! And regarding the quality, I'm a programmer/writer, not an artist  ::)

Edit: Your current village is Minas Iroh. Maher's village is Ravenholt.

Minas Nurgle and Aquitaine are human villages. The Halls of Beard-Vomit are dwarven (obviously), and Leafgarden is a settlement of pointy ear'd hippies elves.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 06:07:56 am by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 06, 2013, 08:10:56 pm »

Hey, whatever works. Which one are we again?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 06, 2013, 09:57:22 pm »

Good, good...time for some time-granting measures. Chaos and Life shall help to make a treacherous, winding, and often needles set of paths to slow down the enemy's approach.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 07, 2013, 08:52:57 am »

Good, good...time for some time-granting measures. Chaos and Life shall help to make a treacherous, winding, and often needles set of paths to slow down the enemy's approach.
With sudden drops.

log
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:26:10 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2013, 02:22:42 pm »

Hmm, where exactly do you wish to cast that? On a swath of forest between your village and Ravenholt? Outside the walls? How large of an area?

log
Great log by the way, thanks for putting that together.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2013, 02:24:54 pm »

log
Great log by the way, thanks for putting that together.
No problem, tell me if I got something really wrong.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 07, 2013, 02:31:42 pm »

I strongly dislike terrain modification, It will stay after the war and hurt civilian economy and local wildlife (And we are a life god)

I suggest to spend all mana to bless weapons. Not an artifact, but many slightly improved weapons
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 07, 2013, 06:58:32 pm »

You realize that after the war we would be able to use the mana we get from more worshipers to burn a path through the forest? Besides, how would a winding set of paths hurt the wildlife? And what is in that direction that is worth anything for an economy?

Use it on any existing roads between the two villages, and for a few miles or so on either side.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 07, 2013, 07:03:45 pm »

We undid Maher death field so why would we be unable to undo our own chaos path.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 07, 2013, 07:06:57 pm »

I suggest we construct some more minion monsters, or something of that sort.
Of note: did we ever revive their wheat and cotton fields?
Anyway. I suggest we build some more plant monsters. The other guy has his footsoldiers. We need ours. The firebugs are all well and good, but in the end they're pretty small. And the living wall is a defensive measure.
I suggest we make a fungus/plant(that loves heat; there are real life plants that use wild fires to help germinate- no joke); with two varieties: One is a half-a-man(or three quarters) sized fungus/plant creature that can go toe to toe with your regular zombie, and the other is a sort of parasite plant that embeds itself into one's forearms, and it acts like a flame thrower on command.
Also maybe a plant that grows into the shape of a random(functioning) wooden weapon.
Or we could, you know, animate the trees(wildly mutated, of course) of the forest and give them an intense dislike for zombies.
That might be worth a chuckle.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 07, 2013, 07:08:30 pm »

I like the trees.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 07, 2013, 07:27:56 pm »

Trees.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile