Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221118 times)

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #600 on: January 15, 2013, 04:14:31 am »

As for air support, we could always make 'demons' or 'dragons'.
Dragons?
The perfect mixture of Life and Fire? Which causes Chaos as it sets upon the village?
We have, good sirs, our tank.
If we make a dragon let's make it with the Komodo, after all start with a dragon to make a dragon ya know. With their mouths if the fire and jaws dont get you the bactiria will.
Plus freaking one.

As to "artillery," modify the trees to fire spore bombs. Ideally with a little fire in them, and/or the ability for firejackets to make nests in the bombpods. ...Awesome.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In the aftermath of the skirmish with the justicars, many of the refugees come out to give heartfelt thanks to those who fought on their behalf. Some of the migrants who came with Ustan from Ceres have converted after seeing the power of your followers.
+4 Worshippers
+12 Mana

The surveyer leaves, but not before you warn him that you "Will be watching..."
Afterwards you consult with Ustan and the village mason about the viability of starting up mining operations.
"The bottom line is," Ustan said flatly, "We have zero miners. I don't see us being able to mine that manarack anytime soon without at least half a dozen experienced ones."
"Well," you hear Tiberius's deep voice rumble, as the Chaos Golem comes up beside Ustan. "There's a dwarven settlement about as far away as Ravenholt is - and where there's dwarves, there's miners."

Ustan's eyes practically lit up with avarice. "Yes good point - and while we're there we could see about negotiating some trade agreements, hmm? Trade some fire-nector for precious metals, renewable resource for a nonrenewable one...I think we could make our profits so far look like a drop in a well by comparison." He inclined his head. "Please at least consider it, mi'lord."

Do you send an envoy or caravan to the dwarves?

After speaking with Ustan, you check the fields and are gratified to see 75 newly harvested Stems. They're currently being drilled in the art of war by the previous generation of Stems, half of them training with bows and crossbows while the other half trains with martial weapons.
Taking a closer look, you see three Stems that make the others look puny in comparison - these must be the new Saps, Eldrick's been busy it seems. Standing seven feet tall, with corded vines which resemble bulging muscles, they look like they can take and dish out quite a beating. Should be just the thing for those heavily-armored justicars...

You zoom to Eldrick's location, and find him finishing up a new mushroom-tower. Panting, with sweat dripping down his brow, he sat down with a waterflask. "Well done with the Saps," you murmur. "And with the mushroom-towers as well - this is the second one you've raised, quite a feat for a human."
"Thanks," Eldrick wheezed, still catching his breath. "Would you prefer I concentrate on the Saps or on expanding the town with new mushroom-towers?"
"Rest for now," you tell him, gentle amusement in your voice. "I'll let you know tomorrow, rest assured."

The web-silk meanwhile is being dutifully collected from your new spider species, and the tailor makes a show of presenting Eldrick, Azula, and the Priest with reinforced shirts made of the substance. Their defenses should be quite formidable now. The rest of the tailor's wares are being loaded into one wagon, while the other two wagons are being packed with fire-nector barrels. The caravan will leave tomorrow morning with 30 Stems for guards, as well as the Priest, if you have no objections.

Even the flamedrakes are proving useful in peacetime, pulling heavy carts laden with crops.

Still, you are perturbed by the power the justicars displayed - that battle could have gone downhill very quickly if any of your core followers had fallen to a lucky strike. And if those eight justicars were only emissaries of a massive empire - well, you were just going to have to create something to inspire fear in your myriad enemies and awe in your worshippers.

You order the Komodo Dragon to be brought far outside the village, even beyond the forest - to have appropriate space for what you have in mind. At your command, three circles are placed around the Komodo Dragon - the inner one, a circle of fire-nector for Fire. The outer one, a circle of thorn-vines clipped from the wall for Life. And binding them all together, the center circle was an irregular lacing of blood and fungus spores, for Chaos.

As you channel mana into all three of your elements, energy begins to swirl around the ritual site, slowly at first but picking up speed inexorably. A little faster, than faster still, until the outer layer was consumed with a violent burst of Life, swiftly followed by the second layer, the swirling power erupting into a howling tornado of change. Last was Fire and the ground shook as magma erupted violently from the earth, right as the tsunami of combined energies slammed into the Komodo Dragon from all directions.

Minutes pass, and the shaking of the ground finally subsides - and you wonder if the ritual failed somehow. That much energy could have easily killed the creature during the process, the transformation too intense...

Your musing is interrupted by a gigantic clawed foot coming out of the smoke, followed by a leg covered in brilliant golden scales. The smoke dissipates - and you're treated to the full view of your new creation as it spreads enormous wings and roars at the sky above. Easily nine feet tall, with a wingspan of thirty feet when fully extended. A long tail lashed to and fro, as it looked around in agitation and obvious confusion.

It opens it's mouth - brimming with thousands of razor-sharp crimson teeth, reeking of the same deadly bacteria the original Komodo Dragon boasted of - and belches forth a torrent of flame, incinerating the tree in front of it in a matter of seconds. Surprisingly, it followed that up with another breath attack - a torrent of multi-colored plumes of energy, which reached the burnt tree and began twisting it in different directions and colors, a dusting of ash falling off the ruined tree turning to water, at the same time a burnt branch sprouted a single yellow eye, inexplicably. Just as you think that's the end of the surprises, a third breath attack strikes the tree, this time a cone of vibrant green energy. The tree slowly kindles back to life, green regrowth sprouting from the ruined old portions - and an apple dropped from it - a purple apple, doubtlessly altered by the spray of Chaos energy, but an apple nonetheless.
{I decided to do this roll differently than usual to spice things up a bit, dividing it into smaller rolls to determine different things about it.     1d3 : 3, three types of Breath Attacks, lucky lucky. 1d6 : 2, basic instinctual intelligence. 1d4 : 4, Major Regeneration (Not nearly as fast as Laksus, but nothing to sneeze at either - lost limbs will fully heal in time as well.) 1d20 : 7, no special attributes, but made up for by having three breath attacks.}
-150 Mana

"Calm yourself," you murmur to your new creation soothingly. "I am your creator, and you are safe." Not understanding your precise words, the Gold Dragon nonetheless seems to pick up on your tone and calms down, looking around curiously. It's head swings towards the group of watching villagers in the distance, and you murmur promptly, "Friends." It spreads its wings and lands in front of them, peering down at them. The group of villagers looked understandably nervous, but one
of them offers a bloodmelon to the dragon, tossing it towards its feet. The dragon cocked its head at it, then snapped the entire thing up in one bite. It gave a snort of contentment, and took to the air again, scouting out its new home.

"Good choice," you hear Laksus mutter to you, watching from a distance. "Should be effective against Maher's dracoliches, when it comes to that." He bared his teeth in a smile. "And I imagine our justicar friends shan't be overly fond of it either."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 04:27:12 am by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

G D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 15, 2013, 06:38:13 am »

Lets send caravan to dwarfs and also talk with their overseer(God) before that. We dont want our caravan to drown in magma. Also he can become our ally.
And Donut really need some allies.
Right now his contacts are:
1) Maher - powerful enemy, who likes to fight with Donut. Now plays by the rules but doesnt look very honorable, so he can break them any time he want.
2) Grumugga - even more powerful enemy but somewhat stupid and for now prefers to fight with Maher.
3) God of Tranquil empire - Order, Death and Cold - our overpowered evil twin - More powerful than Maher and More skilled than Grumugga. Also looks like he will not stop before total annihilation of those who looked on him funny. And Donut did a bit more.
4) Krait - good neighbor but also looks like vassal of some sort for Maher, or maybe just also his good neighbor.
5) Also some god of order in Ceres

That produced significant murmuring, quite a few asking if Minas Iroh had room for immigrants, but the reaction that you most took notice of was a man in grey robes embroidered with threads of blue and black that turned and paced away swiftly, muttering under his breath, "A new God of Chaos? The masters must be told."
Though this man can be just a spy of tranquil empire who helped justiciars to find Donut. Anyway he can extract information about manarack from surveyer and use it set other gods of Ceres on us.
6) 7)And for allies - two dead gods. How helpful.

So situation is bad - a lot of enemies, each of them is more powerfull than Donut. If any two of them join forces against Donut then he is dead. As god of Chaos, Donut can sow discord between them or look for allies.
For example he can find some "friendly neigbors" of Tranqil Empire and talk with them so they can backstab Empire, as soon as their god will send his forces against us. And judging by his justiciars he will do it sooner or later. Also look for some allies who also not allies of our enemies.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 07:06:59 am by G D »

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #602 on: January 15, 2013, 06:56:19 am »

You know, we're a GOD. That means we need worshippers. We could fight much better if we had more mana as opposed to more creatures. And converting can mean making friends, which would be a very good thing.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 15, 2013, 07:04:27 am »

We should be really carefull about escalating things further.

if we go poking around trying to incite others to take on the empire that could have some bad blowback on us.
I think for the time being we should continue to provide prosperity and security for our faithfull.

make it for anyone who would want to, very costly and painfull to take us out.

Im a little anxious about sending the priest to Ceres... do we have any way of protecting him when hes away?
the gods in Ceres probably have learned about us by now, and we don't know how happy they'll be seeing us come back and trying to rustle up more emigrants.

as for the dwarves, lets send Ustan and Azula with a trade caravan. Dwarves should respect the practical nature of saying hi through trade right?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 15, 2013, 07:09:34 am »

We need Azula in upcoming tournament... And I don't think that caravan to dwarves is safe right now. I prefer to continue our trade with Cares and look for miners here.

visiting Cares in person to meet local gods may be a good move, too

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 15, 2013, 07:16:15 am »

We need Azula in upcoming tournament... And I don't think that caravan to dwarves is safe right now. I prefer to continue our trade with Cares and look for miners here.

visiting Cares in person to meet local gods may be a good move, too
+1. We should send the caravan after the tournament. Is there a local, non-maher village we didn't meet already? Maybe we could meet the local dwarves' god(s) if possible. (We shouldnt tell them about the dragon though...)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 15, 2013, 07:21:54 am »

What exactly does our town look like right now? How do the fields around our town look like? How about our crops? Are they within in the town walls?

I've no issues with trying to get more followers, however we really should begin to improve our defenses instead of blowing our mana right now on more creatures. How about we use or Life magic to create a tree a tree with rather tough, thick wood. It'd be even better if we could use Chaos or Fire to somehow make  rather fire resistant.

Having a wall going around our town made of rather tough wood would be nice.

If we already have a wall, we could hav our villagers remove rather small sections of the wall near the top. Have it replaced with spider-silk flaps. It'd be a bit like the wooden covers they used to cover the firing slots on ships. Except instead of cannons, we would have archers.

I'm making this post whenI'm rather exhausted so I blame my more than likely silly ideas on that.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 15, 2013, 07:37:26 am »

If you ask about defense... a moat... a magmamoat

But that needs some manasaving

I still think that giving some minor boons (5-10) is a good idea, it's 10-20 mana daily but will improve our village
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 15, 2013, 07:45:24 am »

Ok, let's make those Gourd Trees and we should be good on all the defensive creatures we need.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 15, 2013, 08:59:01 am »

Heh...speaking of magma...let's find a mole. Then, let us change it. It shall become massive, about twice as tall as a human, and exude heat from it's body n massive quantities. It uses this heat to melt rock, et it, and excrete smelted metals and stone bricks from it's other side. We have a miner who pays for itself with manarack.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 15, 2013, 09:34:49 am »

Gourd Trees(through wait for more mana) and log (anyone know where the post where flamedrakes were made?)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 15, 2013, 09:43:15 am »

Great Suggestion Game so far bro!
I suggest we take inspiration from the stems. We create our own miners.

First, they are made of fungus and are used to underground conditions. They mine using blunt hammer arms. But they only live 12 hours. However they spread spores that quickly grow into new miners. Ones up ahead die to be replaced by ones further back.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 15, 2013, 12:11:31 pm »

We also have left over prisoners from the last fight we should probably heal the injured one and see if we can coax them to give some info about the empire of tranquility. Also, a type of wall around the corrupted forest will help keep unwanted guest out such as the justicars. Plus, we shouldn't rely solely on a created race to mine the manarack, we need some experience miners in this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 15, 2013, 04:19:11 pm »

We are really awesome, you know that?

I suggest that we conserve our mana for a little while, spending it on A. miracles to attract more followers and perhaps B. a mate for our Gold Dragon.

Also, send a diplomat to the dwarves, at least. It's good to get in contact--nector/metal trade sounds lucrative.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #614 on: January 15, 2013, 05:56:51 pm »

We are really awesome, you know that?

I suggest that we conserve our mana for a little while, spending it on A. miracles to attract more followers and perhaps B. a mate for our Gold Dragon.

Also, send a diplomat to the dwarves, at least. It's good to get in contact--nector/metal trade sounds lucrative.

+1
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 130