Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221168 times)

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #540 on: January 13, 2013, 02:29:58 pm »

Oh yes, nearly forgot, if they get meek and try to leave, speak the following:

"So you can return with a larger force? I think not. You will stay here, give up your arms and armor, and be my prisoners. I am a benevolent god, and so will treat you well, but my followers will not be hounded for things out of their control. You will be shown why they are not criminals in watching the everyday lives of those here. I would not wish to start a war, and once you swear not to even attempt harm these people, my other followers, this village, or me, ever again, you will be allowed to leave, for you look to be men of your word...and a promise made to a god is a bad idea to break.

+1
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 13, 2013, 02:36:32 pm »

Idea.

Let's be a bit intimidating, shall we? It'll help with the surveyor as well. And if he doesn't listen, well that's what the army's for.

Gather all of our Stems together in a line, wielding weapons. We have 101 now, right? Then have 51 off them wield the Spears, and the rest holding bows, or something at least, to propel our 'poisoned' arrows. Gather our Fungus Spawn towards the area in a semicircle to slowly force the knights towards our soldiers. Firejackets will cover the sky, a veritable ceiling of flame above their heads. And our drakes, Tiberius, and Laksus will take up positions around our lines. Then, speak through Laksus and Tiberius(asking their permission mentally a few seconds before, of course), and all of the Stems, creating the same discordant yet melodic voice as we used last time.
"Ah, the Justicars of the Empire of Tranquility. These people are under my protection now, the protection of the god Donut. I'd prefer not to completely mutilate you and your horses, but your steel would look so fine on another one of my followers. So let me ask you. Do the few of you truly wish to fight a god? Over a few people whose only crime is having a power you cannot control?"

Then, demonstrate some of our strength. Tiberius lets out a gout of flame towards the sky, the drakes do the same, and Laksus becomes a beast, all at the same time. He returns to normal afterwards, but we need to make a point that this is Chaos. Organized Chaos. And we don't take shit from nobody.

"So you can return with a larger force? I think not. You will stay here, give up your arms and armor, and be my prisoners. I am a benevolent god, and so will treat you well, but my followers will not be hounded for things out of their control. You will be shown why they are not criminals in watching the everyday lives of those here. I would not wish to start a war, and once you swear not to even attempt harm these people, my other followers, this village, or me, ever again, you will be allowed to leave, for you look to be men of your word...and a promise made to a god is a bad idea to break.
+1

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 13, 2013, 02:45:40 pm »

We talk to them, and then they call their god.
Their god is not limited by the good sportsmanship rules we've got between us and Maher.
Bam. Our village is now frosted over. Or hit with a ray of death.

Or maybe they do leave. But they'll be back with reinforcements. Their god is now interested in this slog, and we have to fight a much larger domain. Which is, once again, not limited by the good sportsmanship we've got going on with Maher.

The best answer is to kill them before they can do anything. A show of force will just inform them to call their god or flee and come back in greater numbers. And I have no doubt they'd manage to flee.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 13, 2013, 02:47:21 pm »

Ask about the fee to get they to relax then attack.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 13, 2013, 04:26:16 pm »

Idea.

Let's be a bit intimidating, shall we? It'll help with the surveyor as well. And if he doesn't listen, well that's what the army's for.

Gather all of our Stems together in a line, wielding weapons. We have 101 now, right? Then have 51 off them wield the Spears, and the rest holding bows, or something at least, to propel our 'poisoned' arrows. Gather our Fungus Spawn towards the area in a semicircle to slowly force the knights towards our soldiers. Firejackets will cover the sky, a veritable ceiling of flame above their heads. And our drakes, Tiberius, and Laksus will take up positions around our lines. Then, speak through Laksus and Tiberius(asking their permission mentally a few seconds before, of course), and all of the Stems, creating the same discordant yet melodic voice as we used last time.
"Ah, the Justicars of the Empire of Tranquility. These people are under my protection now, the protection of the god Donut. I'd prefer not to completely mutilate you and your horses, but your steel would look so fine on another one of my followers. So let me ask you. Do the few of you truly wish to fight a god? Over a few people whose only crime is having a power you cannot control?"

Then, demonstrate some of our strength. Tiberius lets out a gout of flame towards the sky, the drakes do the same, and Laksus becomes a beast, all at the same time. He returns to normal afterwards, but we need to make a point that this is Chaos. Organized Chaos. And we don't take shit from nobody.

+1
+1

Their god is not limited by the good sportsmanship rules we've got between us and Maher.
You're assuming that this god is so vindictive that he'll instantly smite any people who dare do something he says not to. If that's true, A. he can't have many living followers and B. we're doomed either way. Step a toe out of line? VILLAGE KILLED.

Or maybe they do leave. But they'll be back with reinforcements. Their god is now interested in this slog, and we have to fight a much larger domain. Which is, once again, not limited by the good sportsmanship we've got going on with Maher.
But we have time to gather our strength and allies. I can't imagine Krait siding against us on this, and between "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" and "the friend of my friend is my friend," perhaps even Maher could be persuaded to join us.

The best answer is to kill them before they can do anything. A show of force will just inform them to call their god or flee and come back in greater numbers. And I have no doubt they'd manage to flee.
1. A show of force is intimidation. We have hundreds of soldiers, plus powerful people in our employ (including a chaos golem). Don't mess with us.
2. You're putting a lot of faith in those horses, both speed and ability to not be killed.
3. You're also assuming that we can kill them, quick-bam, before they can react.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #545 on: January 13, 2013, 05:23:10 pm »

I don't think a huge battle with their god is in our future. Unless he's bloodythirsty, and I don't think he is, he won't risk hundreds of people/creations just to take back what, 10 refugees (forgot exact number)? If anything, we'll have a stern talking, like we did with Grumugga, and then we'll build even more of a military camp around our village.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 13, 2013, 05:38:57 pm »

You're also assuming their god doesn't have the power to make an example of us. I bet it, and the government of the Tranquility guys, has been looking for any excuse to say 'here's what happens when you mess with us'. We literally CANNOT defend ourselves in a magical way today. Their god has pretty much free reign to nuke us right now.
And if we make a show of force, we make ourselves a threat, too.
Actually, the best answer is to capture them unconscious. That way they can't tattle on their god about us. If we put them into a permanent coma, we win.

And yes I'm assuming this god is vindictive. He advocates killing children, just because they might do something.
Horses are stupid animals. We can probably manage to light them on fire. And yes I'm assuming we can kill them quickly, because that's how ambushes tend to work on a good day.
So our chaos golem and our were-vampire are tough. This guy has sent ten people with boons at us. Even if they can only conjure a light sprinkling of snow, or kill a small flower, or finish a game of scrabble with their power, this god is showing he has resources to throw around. Resources we do not have.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 13, 2013, 05:43:20 pm »

You're also assuming their god doesn't have the power to make an example of us. I bet it, and the government of the Tranquility guys, has been looking for any excuse to say 'here's what happens when you mess with us'. We literally CANNOT defend ourselves in a magical way today. Their god has pretty much free reign to nuke us right now.
If he has the power to spare, if the 10 freaking refugees are worth it.

And if we make a show of force, we make ourselves a threat, too.
And if we don't, we make ourselves a slave.

Actually, the best answer is to capture them unconscious. That way they can't tattle on their god about us. If we put them into a permanent coma, we win.
Meh, whatever. Killing's easier and makes them just as silent.

And yes I'm assuming this god is vindictive. He advocates killing children, just because they might do something.
It'll probably work about like it did with Grummunga, but with Krait taking the place of Maher, cooperation rather than fighting, greater forces and power on our part, and time to prepare. So, unless this god focuses an undue amount of effort on us, we'll be fine.

Horses are stupid animals. We can probably manage to light them on fire. And yes I'm assuming we can kill them quickly, because that's how ambushes tend to work on a good day.
No arguments here.

So our chaos golem and our were-vampire are tough. This guy has sent ten people with boons at us. Even if they can only conjure a light sprinkling of snow, or kill a small flower, or finish a game of scrabble with their power, this god is showing he has resources to throw around. Resources we do not have.
Well, guess what? He's spreading his resources over an entire empire. What happens if he lightens his defenses or boons somewhere to pound us into the dirt? Revolt or conquering. Pretty high chance there. It's not worth it for 10 refugees.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 13, 2013, 05:45:54 pm »

finish a game of scrabble
Truly a skill to be feared.

Anyway kill them. They and all other children killers need to die.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 13, 2013, 05:50:11 pm »

Did we forget that we could tell when one of our people dies? You don't think he'd notice that the people he sent to gather those ones especially if they have boons, were slaughtered? If we keep them prisoner and show that we aren't heartless murderers the same as them, and have honor, he might be open to diplomacy. Besides, if they're alive, we can get them to tell us more about the EoT.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 13, 2013, 05:53:09 pm »

Did we forget that we could tell when one of our people dies? You don't think he'd notice that the people he sent to gather those ones especially if they have boons, were slaughtered? If we keep them prisoner and show that we aren't heartless murderers the same as them, and have honor, he might be open to diplomacy. Besides, if they're alive, we can get them to tell us more about the EoT.
Forgot about that...yeah, keep them alive if possible. If not? Don't worry, prepare.
Sig

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 13, 2013, 05:53:34 pm »

I was just thinking to disguise Laksus as a village elder just put some cloths over his head. Then have him walk with a limp with the aid of a walking sticking. While he is providing a distraction we can gather our forces and have the stems get some of bows and those fungus arrows and prepare to launch them in the center of the justicars. Then while the general confusion Laksus can transform into that wolf thing to attack the front flank. While the fungus spawn attacks the side and back flanks. If they start getting organize and start to get Eldrick to sprout massive vines from the center of the group to keep them off balance. While in the general confusion they will probably not to bother to look up this is where the firejackets come from by dive bombing the center mass of the group.

If all else fail retreat to a choke point have the flame drakes and Tiberius  meet the justicars with a wall of flame. This is where Azula's strong point comes in have her control the flames and make it more effective.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #552 on: January 13, 2013, 05:56:32 pm »

Forgot about that...yeah, keep them alive if possible. If not? Don't worry, prepare.

+1 for diplomacy. But I doubt it'll work.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 13, 2013, 05:57:11 pm »

Tell them we can't hand over any of our followers but offer them some fire nectar in goodwill and tell them to give their god our regards.  If they act rude send in the fungus things.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 14, 2013, 06:24:51 am »

We should talk first, put down 10 manna to talk with the Justicar leader.

Inform him that we can not hand over our followers, and apologise for them having travelled all this way for nothing, it shows admirable dedication. but inform them that their code of 'law' holds no sway here.

also let him know that we'd be overjoyed to take anyone they deem 'unstable' and 'uncontrollable' off their hands in the future. just send them our way ;).

offering them a bit of fire nectar to ease their travel weariness and politely asking them to be on their way home.

if they refuse to leave in peace... well, they'll just have to leave in pieces. We can't have these order Jockies trying to shackle the glorious free flame of life.

Edit: I think we should give the surveyor some slack, He took a chance (a perfect example of chaos) just chuckle a bit at him and say you admire his bravery demanding hush money from a god while being in his domain, and that you'll think about it but have more pressing matters to attend to right now.

edit 2: also about Krait (its not really a priority at this time) but about the 'turnips to snakes' thing, we should let him know that we have no problem with the occasional harmless prank. it breaks up the monotony of everyday life after all. but they keyword should be harmless.

we should also inform our followers about the planned feast at some point... really hoping we're not walking into a trap here. but having godly friends is irresistible.

edit 3: after actually reading the suggestions before mine, I support taking them in as prisoners instead of killing/potential army on our doorstep
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:24:28 pm by Talvara »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 130