Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220683 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2013, 04:49:09 am »

Three words: Tree Branch Powerclaw.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2013, 05:33:52 am »

Once it has cooled, preferably being on it's back so it's own weight doesn't crush it's somewhat skeletal structure, have our followers put the rest of the wood in it. Revive the wood and make it immune to flame, let it grow through and into the golem, taking it's shape. Grant it intelligence and loyalty. It will, of course, look strange and chaotic. But effective. And of course, it should have some flame powers, if we have the mana left. If we don't have the mana to bring it to life, at least make it's body.
Dooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Old man---> Half metal, half plant, 100% on fire, chaos beast of death. The choice is clear.
Grant him his final wish. He really wants to save his village, and he has a fighting instinct - plus, it's a lot easier Mana-wise and will make a grand symbol for our worshippers, the Beast that was Man.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"As you wish," you murmur. "I will give you the power to defend those you hold dear."

Tiberius smiles, a peaceful expression gracing his weathered features, and plunges a dagger into his own chest.

Power. A torrent of mana floods into you, along with something infinitely more precious - a soul. So this is why so many gods were so fond of ritual sacrifice, you muse to yourself idly.
+100 Mana
+1 Soul

You zoom your awareness to the pit, where the fire has died down to embers. The firejackets now circle overhead, and there seem to be more of them - the heat from the inferno must have provided ample energy for their replication. You estimate there to be roughly 80 of them now.

Azula rests against the side of the pit, panting from exertion. The golem lies next to her, on its back - with a very humanoid shape, two arms, two legs, and a hooded recess where the head should be. Spikes sprout from every surface of it, with no discernible pattern.

"Well done," you murmur to Azula. "I am pleased, and Donut rewards such hard work."

I suggest to upgrade Azula's fire boon

A red glow envelops her as you upgrade her Fire boon, making her able to throw full-fledged firebolts ten times a day. It now has an upkeep of 4 mana.

She looked at her own hands, her eyes wide as she felt the power flowing through her veins, and bowed her head. "Maher's puppets will burn to cinders and ash by my hand" she promised.

You then send your voice to Eldrick. "Use your boon to coax thorn-vines from the wall," you instruct. "Have some able fellows on hand to take them to the pit, and thread them throughout the golem. Just be wary of the thorns," you caution with a chuckle.

"As my Lord commands," he replied, springing to the task. Within ten minutes, you find yourself gazing down at the assembled golem, the metal shell laced and filled with the thorn-vines.

"It is time," you rumble, your melodious voice tinged with evil glee. You slam all available mana into Fire, Life,and Chaos, flooding all three energies into the golem in a torrent of power. The three streams of energy begin to weave throughout the construct, seeming to fight for dominance at the same time that they synergized perfectly. The metal shell begins to flush a shade of the darkest red, while the thorn-vines grow, an infusion of pulsing crimson veins spreading throughout them as their thorns lengthen and darken. The end of one arm kindles with a fiery glow, while vines push out and extrude from the other arm's end.
(1d20 : 14 + ChaosSkill(2) + LifeSkill(1) + FireSkill(1) = 19, Fire Skill and Life Skill have increased!)

The time for the final touch had arrived, and you release Tiberius' soul, guiding it into the golem and feeling it sink in like the key to a lock. There was a blinding golden glow as the soul took hold, and then there was silence.

Twin points of brilliantly intense fire ignited within the hooded cowl, and Tiberius' voice came from within. "You spoke of power," he said, his voice oddly distorted with three versions of itself, all in slightly different pitches, "But I never expected this much power," he said, moving the golem experimentally. Vines abruptly shot from his left arm, and slashed a ragged path across one of the pit's dirt walls, while the other arm raised to point skyward and belch forth a torrent of flame. The legs of the golem bent with a creaking of metal and the rustling of vines, and he sprang out of the pit, to a reception of gasps of wonder (and trepidation) from the villagers who had come to witness the spectacle.

"Grandfather?!" Eldrick sputtered incredulously.

"Grandson," Tiberius replied. Vines extruding from his left arm curled, as if into a fist. "I can fight again. Maher won't take you or your sisters while I can still move," he rumbled.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 06:33:04 am by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 06, 2013, 05:36:41 am »

If you don't mind me saying, HELL YES.

Also, rest, there's nothing we can do until tomorrow now.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 06, 2013, 05:39:53 am »

Peek on the enemy village.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 06, 2013, 06:06:01 am »

Ok, every time Tiberius goes into battle, we play this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFO0Xo9TZ54
(i swear to god, this band has an awesome song for every situation)
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2013, 06:48:07 am »

Rest
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 06, 2013, 07:23:37 am »

Peek on the enemy village.

Morning comes, granting 28 mana.

Deciding to do some more scouting, you shift your awareness to the Maher-controlled village, and find nothing but a few dozen civilians. All the boon-empowered clerics and undead are gone.

Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 06, 2013, 08:55:28 am »

They're coming to get you, Barbara...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2013, 08:58:53 am »

Which day are we on?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 09:56:56 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 06, 2013, 09:55:12 am »

I think we should pour chaos, fire and life in the weapons of our peasants, making them blessed

Or, maybe, limit ourself to one sword\spear\mace and make our first artifact

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2013, 10:17:35 am »

Artifact sounds good. Maybe three--a Bow of Flame, a Staff of Life, and a Sword of Chaos or something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 06, 2013, 10:23:26 am »

Artifact sounds good. Maybe three--a Bow of Flame, a Staff of Life, and a Sword of Chaos or something.
That sounds like a plan.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 06, 2013, 10:33:08 am »

Bow of Flame: What it sound like.
Staff of Life: Fighting me in a forest, yes that a good idea.
Sword of Chaos:  ??? Random damage? strange slashing?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 06, 2013, 10:34:48 am »

Bow of Flame: What it sound like.
Staff of Life: Fighting me in a forest, yes that a good idea.
Sword of Chaos:  ??? Random damage? strange slashing?
Who knows what the Sword of Chaos would do? Just infuse it with chaos and convince the priest to try it out.  :P
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 06, 2013, 12:19:57 pm »

I'm thinking make the wall bigger and give the Firejackets a nest in it. Plus the Blaxe-blossoms/lightning rods.

We have to worry about the lightning guys...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 130