Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220654 times)

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1710 on: January 27, 2013, 10:33:08 pm »

OOC thread is feeling lonely...

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: January 27, 2013, 11:15:22 pm »

Guys!  Put this in the OOC.  It'll do wonders for sorting out the actual suggestions from the chaff.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 11:24:53 pm by Origami_Psycho »
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: January 28, 2013, 03:29:23 pm »

Ptw
I PTW anything that seems interesting

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: January 28, 2013, 04:07:30 pm »

sorry for halting the game :'c

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: January 28, 2013, 11:30:19 pm »

(continue and I will stop commenting here with pointless things)

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: January 29, 2013, 12:05:49 am »

Here is an idea what about we just give the species a name and his purpose in this world. Then, let him come up with a name.
+1
+1, may as well. He may hear something he likes.
Just to be clear, I support this idea as well. "Jaras" was the idea for the species name, since so many name suggestions included "Jara" in them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"You are the first of the Jaras - my elite spies and assassins. I am your creator, the God Donut. Know that you have purpose and that I am proud of you. As for your name, that is up for you to choose for yourself."
The Jara's confusion abated as your words sank in, and it tilted its head in a peculiar mantis-like way, before kneeling.
"Purpose...I would like that very much," it thought to you. "I would like to be called...Leto, if you deem the name to be fitting, my creator."
"Then rise, Leto," you rumbled. "You and your kind are destined for great things. Right now, I wish you to..."

You pause momentarily to consider. You're short on time before Azula's battle with Narcissus, and are unsure whether to show Krait and/or Uristiel your new, self-aware creation yet. Perhaps you should have him stay with Laksus in the meantime, assassin training assassin?

Your imagination promptly treats you to a vision of a race of Jaras, all with Laksus's blood lust, wrecking havok everywhere you send them on friends and foes alike. ...Perhaps Leto shouldn't meet Laksus yet then, just to be safe.

"I wish for you to go to the human settlement right by your current location - they are friends, and will treat you well."
"This place?" Leto wonders, and a faint picture of the village comes to your thoughts, a little hazy but clearer than recalling something from memory.
"Yes," you assure him, concealing your surprise at the image-sending, and Leto begins moving towards the village in odd little teleport jumps, sometimes moving a hundred feet at a time.

Most of the villagers are at the festival, but you advise the few ones at the village of Leto's appearance and arrival. They seem unphased upon seeing him - perhaps after Fungus Spawn and Gold Dragons they've became accustomed to strange new creatures.

Eldrick and Lara are among those back at the village, and you privately ask Eldrick to take some time off from working on the new marketplace to chat with Leto. Lara as well; you figure they should be a good influence on him. Laksus's training could come after that, you muse thoughtfully to yourself. A good heart sheathed in deadly prowess.

Leto warms to them quickly, and regals them with a hundred questions about the world - his creation apparently included some basic knowledge, but it's far from comprehensive.

Remembering the arena fight, you quickly zoom back to the festival. "Ahhh there you are," Krait greeted you. "Just in time. Your golem did well against my battlemage, shall we see how your firecrafter does against my high priestess?"
"She may not be a high priestess," you reply in amusement, "But those who have underestimated her quickly came to regret it."
Krait hissed out a laugh. "Either way this promises to be interesting. Two females fighting, if only there was mud."
"What are you, a God of Debauchery," you mutter dryly.
"Oh, if only," Krait sighed in regret.

Uristiel's voice abruptly booms out, "Narcissus, are ye ready?"
In a flash, you move to regard the arena floor. Narcissus stood opposite Azula, wearing green armor inscribed with light-blue embellishes, and gave Azula a chill smile. "Ready," she purred.
"Azula, are ye ready?" Uristiel bellowed.
"Ready," she murmured, one fist smoothly clenching and unclenching.

"Begin!" Uristiel roared, and Azula flung a trio of firebolts before the God's echo had died away.
Narcissus raised a hand, and a gust of wind knocked the oncoming salvo harmlessly into the arena walls.
Her full lips curved into a smile, and with a gesture the arena floor around her erupted with hundreds of vipers the size of dire wolves, all of which began advancing on Azula with poison dripping from every bared fang.

Azula's eyes narrowed and a blast of flame incinerated the nearest viper, followed by a blazing torrent that tore into the writhing serpentine ranks. One snake made it close enough to strike, and leapt right into a fireball as Azula whirled on it. "Nice one," Narcissa whispered from right beside her, and Azula had just enough time to widen her eyes before the high priestess backhanded her into the far wall with vicious strength.

Azula landed with a sickening crunch, and slid down the wall, leaving a trail of blood. Narcissia gave her a mock bow, and began to stroll away, head tilted up as if waiting for Uristiel's pronouncement of victory. An intake of breath was the only warning she had before a firestorm exploded over the entire arena, burning every last viper to a crisp, as the audience seated closest to the arena leaned frantically backwards from the searing heat drifting up from it.

Narcissia stood alone, a shielding cyclone of air dissipating around her as she stared in shock at Azula, who spat blood at the ground in front of her and rasped, "Come on snake-bitch, bring it."
"You poor dear," Narcissia replied, regaining her composure. "How are you still moving after that?" She laughed softly. "Though after what happened to Sindri I suppose I shouldn't have let my guard down."
She raised one hand and began to slowly clench it. "Rest assured I shan't make that mistake again."

Azula abruptly coughed, and began gasping for air, her hands flying to her throat as Narcissia advanced, her hand ever so slowly constricting into a fist. Agitated, you look more closely and see a flow of air around her throat, pressing against her windpipe more harshly with every passing moment.

Her hands still at her throat, Azula's eyes blazed with sudden fury and one leg snapped out in a kick towards Narcissia, a burst of fire blossoming from the gesture and knocking the high priestess backwards.

Narcissia hissed in pain as the heat blistered her outstretched arm, and leapt back, a viper materializing from the sands at her side. Azula fell to the ground as the pressure on her throat suddenly abated, taking in deep breaths with obvious relief. Narcissia regarded the burn on her arm with clinical detachment, before plucking the viper from the ground beside her and invoking the boon you had granted her. The viper sank it's fangs into the burn, and the blistered flesh slowly gave way to flawless pale skin once more as the healing venom flowed through the wound. "Much better," she sighed, her gaze landing on Azula. "Now where were we?"

She raised her hand again, but Azula leapt forward with a curse, flinging fire from both hands. Narcissus ducked, air flowing around her to blow away the oncoming flames, and hissed in frustration. Her own hands lashed out, and a noxious stream of poison lanced through the air, missing Azula by a hair. The two women exchanged blows, poison sizzling against fire, and the floor of the arena swiftly began to resemble what you'd imagine the ground of Maher's afterlife to be like.

Narcissia's eyes narrowed, and wind began curving the poison salvos as she fired them, obvious misses turning into attacks that had to be dodged, other gusts of air slamming into Azula's knees to knock her off balance. Azula responded adroitly, but her wounds and exertions were catching up to her and she was breathing heavily. She ducked under a glob of poison, jumped over another as she flung a fireball at the high priestess, and ran straight into a wall of wind that swept her completely off her feet. A torrent of poison slammed down from above, and in it's passing, Azula lay still upon the arena floor.

"Sleeping poison," Narcissia assured the crowd as a sudden uproar came from the Minas Iroh continent. She gave a full bow, towards her fallen opponent, respect in the gesture this time. "I like this one, Donut," she murmured. "She shows promise, much promise."
The Minas Nurgle crowd cheered, as the Minas Iroh villagers slowly began clapping politely, mollified by the words.

Narcissia healed the sleeping Azula with her boon, before striding off to devour enough food to feed a platoon of orcs. "Touche," you muttered to Krait, who laughed. "Your champion fought well, I look forward to seeing them fight on the same side. So...one for one, with the tie-breaker incipient. Your pet killer versus my equally homicidal agent of havok."

"Ach," came Uristiel's voice as the God of Dwarves approached you and Krait.
"My work be cut out for me if I want champions of my own ter fight yer terrors, if we do this kind o' thing again," he grunted.
"What about your adamantium golem?" Krait suggested helpfully.
"Ye don't incapitate an adamantium golem," Uristiel rumbled wistfully. "Ye have ter destroy it to make it stop coming. Not tha best for show fights, ye understand."
"Good fighting tho', remind me never to invade ye two. So, is your alliance..er, formal?"

"Chaos Gods don't stand on formality, but yes we are allies," Krait replied in amusement.
"Got room fer a Dwarven God in tha alliance?" Uristiel rumbled.
Krait didn't answer right away, and his presence seemed to be regarding you, waiting for you to reply.

What do you say?

The next fight will be in three hours, due to delays as the arena walls are being repaired from the accumulated damage it's suffered during the first two fights.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:08:47 am by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: January 29, 2013, 12:19:35 am »

I personally would love to have you join our alliance.  I think we have already seen that our relationship is most beneficial, with you building our castle and with me helping against the greenskins.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: January 29, 2013, 12:22:38 am »

Friends are needed in these times.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: January 29, 2013, 12:25:01 am »

+1 in addition to what I said

Maybe say "dark times" for emphasis
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: January 29, 2013, 12:49:23 am »

YES. Yes yes yes oh my god yes. We impressed a DWARVEN god, guys. Think of the feat this is.

Also I fucking love Leto. We have to take the utmost care of him. I don't want anything bad to happen to him, he's naught but a baby. Speaking of,

Let's go check on him after "formal"izing the alliance.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: January 29, 2013, 01:30:15 am »

I am just wondering about Leto can he learn skills and gain experience from scanning a willing mind.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: January 29, 2013, 01:41:58 am »

Of course! A god of Dwarves, Earth, and kicking ass?

To be completely honest, we'd like to get everyone in the alliance. This may actually be a good time to namedrop Serena and gauge what the opinions of her are around here.

But Uristiel would be a awesome addition to our pantheon, especially considering it looks like we might get in a bit over our heads with the Order guys. A god of War especially might turn the favor, and could at the very least keep the dwarves from interfering. From what we've seen, a dwarf in battle is a little ball of hair and steel that simply mulches anything in it's way.

Tell Uristiel him and his will always have a place in our domain. Me casa es you casa or whatever.

As for Leto: It's not much harm to tell him we designed him with stealth in mind. We should examine his abilities in more detail. Nothing to dangerous yet; maybe more like wargames. Here's what I'm thinking.

Have someone write "Donut" on a piece of paper. Have them hide it somewhere. Leto is outside the village, and told vaguely what house/room the paper is in, but not exactly where. Leto's job is to slip into the village, obtain the slip of paper, and get back out again, without getting spotted by one of the villagers, who will be on high alert.

If he can do that I'll feel more comfortable sending him into live-fire situations, like Maherport scouting, tracking enemy army movements, stealing plans for machines, assassinating VIPs, spying on the Order Gods, Spying on Maher, Spying on Serena in the shower, providing support for larger troop movements, providing support for more dedicated assassins like Laskus, or playing hide-and-seek with the children of the town.

For another wargame we could release the Troglodytes into the woods and have him bring them back. Or even the Justicar if we can be reasonably certain he won't murderate the shit out of Leto.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: January 29, 2013, 01:49:52 am »

If we let the dwarf god in, we have to throw a godly kegger party in the afterlife. Also, let's give Laksus something to help in the fight; if we lose, we'll look like a bitch.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: January 29, 2013, 01:53:12 am »

Minor fire boon? Just enough to let him spit some flame and surprise his soon-to-be-friend.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: January 29, 2013, 02:03:05 am »

I agree with Karne here, the game-training is likely to reveal (and improve) his/her abilities.
After sneaking in the village we could up the ante and sneak into krait's one, or even uristiel's fortress (with their agreement).
The teleport-jumps are... o_O
Blink, remote perception, telepathy (sorta?)... And then? Coffee making? Nespresso, what else? (that was awful...)

For Uristiel... Meh, we should keep the alliance chaos only Naaaah, seriously? HELL YEAH. The more the merrier. Warn him about EoT (though he might know what he's in for already), and ask him and Krait about Serena.

AND don't forget to check and praise Azula. And Tiberius, we didn't praise him for his victory. We should.

Laksus? No, no last-minute boon. If we do that, we'll look like a bitch. Not if we lose fair and square.
Remember, he's a fast-regen legendary++ dagger user khornate ex-vampire turned werewolf that throw explosive spines. He'll be fine.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 130