Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220689 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #165 on: January 05, 2013, 08:16:06 pm »

We felt time fy? Time fies when you're having fn, I guess.

Anyways. What is there left to do? Distribute holy symbols and garlic in case of vampires?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 05, 2013, 08:58:11 pm »

There is something left to do. Something...great.

Grant Azula(just realized the name pun. Jeez...) immunity to heat above 100 degrees, at least for now. She'll feel warm, but not hurt.

Have her light the grease on fire. Have the villagers put half the wood piled by it into the flame. Stoke the flames with magic, to heat the metal to the point where it could be shaped by hand, but could retain it's shape.

Azula will shape the metal into the shape of a metal beast with blades and hammers. Like a golem. Don't really know how to describe it really well. Leave a lot of space inside it and holes and the like.

Once it has cooled, preferably being on it's back so it's own weight doesn't crush it's somewhat skeletal structure, have our followers put the rest of the wood in it. Revive the wood and make it immune to flame, let it grow through and into the golem, taking it's shape. Grant it intelligence and loyalty. It will, of course, look strange and chaotic. But effective. And of course, it should have some flame powers, if we have the mana left. If we don't have the mana to bring it to life, at least make it's body.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 05, 2013, 09:14:06 pm »

Sounds like a plan.

And which pun were you referencing, azul or the reference?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 05, 2013, 09:48:34 pm »

The reference.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 06, 2013, 12:21:31 am »

How did I miss this starting...fuuuu- Anyways, lets get more fortifications up in here. Continue growing the vines.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 06, 2013, 12:37:23 am »

But...the Chaos Golem...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 06, 2013, 12:44:06 am »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 06, 2013, 12:49:34 am »

I suggest to upgrade Azula's fire boon and add several minor fire  boons to other villagers

But chaos golem winning(
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 06, 2013, 12:55:56 am »

Give the chaos golem a living plant skin that secretes a flammable liquid. When ever we need him for battle, light him on fire and send him off! He's a plant so he cant feel pain and only the liquid is burning not the plant part and HOLY SHIT IT IS A HALF-METAL, HALF-PLANT, 100% ON FIRE, CHAOS BEAST OF DEATH.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 06, 2013, 01:25:01 am »

There is something left to do. Something...great.

Grant Azula(just realized the name pun. Jeez...) immunity to heat above 100 degrees, at least for now. She'll feel warm, but not hurt.

Have her light the grease on fire. Have the villagers put half the wood piled by it into the flame. Stoke the flames with magic, to heat the metal to the point where it could be shaped by hand, but could retain it's shape.

Azula will shape the metal into the shape of a metal beast with blades and hammers. Like a golem. Don't really know how to describe it really well. Leave a lot of space inside it and holes and the like.

Once it has cooled, preferably being on it's back so it's own weight doesn't crush it's somewhat skeletal structure, have our followers put the rest of the wood in it. Revive the wood and make it immune to flame, let it grow through and into the golem, taking it's shape. Grant it intelligence and loyalty. It will, of course, look strange and chaotic. But effective. And of course, it should have some flame powers, if we have the mana left. If we don't have the mana to bring it to life, at least make it's body.
And here I assumed it was just a glorified pit trap heh, interesting.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

When a sufficient amount of oil and grease had been drizzled upon the scrap metal, you call to Azula.
"I have a task for you my child, if you are prepared."

Azula looks up, and nods firmly. "I'm ready for any task," she said confidently, catching and throwing an orb of fire up and down on the palm of her hand.

"Good - stand still, and be not afraid."
You reach for your Fire attribute and attempt to give her temporary immunity to fire - a task made easier by the presence of her existing Fire boon.

Her skin begins to glow with a sullen, red-orange light as you gently send mana into the working, and a moment later you feel the magic working.
(1d20 : 12 + FireSkill(1) = 13, this dice seems to like 12's...)
-20 Mana

The glow fades, and you inform her, "You should be immune to fire's touch for the next 24 hours."

She promptly walks over a nearby torch and cautiously touches the fire with a finger. A moment later, she rests her entire hand in the fire, to no effect. "Amazing - but why, my Lord?"

"Oh, I have something special planned," you reply. "Grab some metalworking tools from the smith."

While she walks off to do so, you contact Eldrick, where he stands by the wall coaxing it to grow slightly higher and denser with his boon. "Eldrick...throw a torch into the pit to ignite the oil within, and instruct some able fellows to feed the fire with the wood stockpiled nearby."

"As you wish," he said, inclining his head and striding towards the pit.

Five minutes later, the pit has become a roaring bonfire, and the metal within is growing pliable with the heat. A great buzzing sound abruptly comes from beyond the village, and the Firetrackers emerge from the forest, swarming forward and into the pit to circle among the flames, feasting on the excess heat. Azula blinks at the inferno in sudden comprehension.

You broadcast your voice to everyone nearby, "Descend into the fire, Azula, and sculpt me a warrior worthy of Donut."

Eldrick looks from Azula to the flames worriedly, then blinks and seems to compose himself. Azula strode to the edge of the pit, tools in hand, and hesitates only an instant before clamoring down into the inferno. A moment later, the ring of hammer on metal sounded out, and the villagers let out a collective sigh of relief.

You observe Azula's handiwork and guide her as she labored, whispering to her here and there of the general features of the golem you want. The specific details however, you leave to her creativity, trusting in her instincts.

An hour had gone by when you hear the call of a worshipper, but ever so faintly, like a candle sputtering in the wind. Your awareness zooms to the local healer's hut, in which an old man lies upon a sickbed. "What ails you, Tiberius?" you ask quietly.

"Old age...ails me," he croaked with a small smile. He coughed, then continued. "Even if you can do something for me, I would not have effort wasted on me that could go to defend my children and grandchildren." His voice seemed to strengthen for a moment, and he said, "I hear tale of what young Azula works on - use my soul for it."

"Do you fully comprehend what you are offering," you ask. "You will be bound to the construct until it is destroyed - and some manners of destruction may rend your soul apart entirely."

"I know how wretched and useless I appear now," he rasped. "But I fought for coin and the thrill of slaughter in my younger years. I will not lay here dying uselessly to watch my grandchildren be ripped to pieces and then reanimated."

How do you reply?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 01:41:50 am by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2013, 01:27:42 am »

Grant him his final wish. He really wants to save his village, and he has a fighting instinct - plus, it's a lot easier Mana-wise and will make a grand symbol for our worshippers, the Beast that was Man.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2013, 01:31:45 am »

Dooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Old man---> Half metal, half plant, 100% on fire, chaos beast of death. The choice is clear.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2013, 01:39:33 am »

You realize what this is now?

We will give the Chaos Golem a flamethrower(magical, of course) on one arm.

And suddenly we have a Chaos Dreadnought. Which will fight Necrons.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2013, 04:38:01 am »

Dooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Old man---> Half metal, half plant, 100% on fire, chaos beast of death. The choice is clear.
The best choice.

log
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2013, 04:47:18 am »

You realize what this is now?

We will give the Chaos Golem a flamethrower(magical, of course) on one arm.

And suddenly we have a Chaos Dreadnought. Which will fight Necrons.

Oh. My. God. Genius.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 130