Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220769 times)

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1560 on: January 24, 2013, 11:41:19 pm »

Have him make some.  Also, start to nudge the corrupted forest into expanding.  Rapidly.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: January 24, 2013, 11:43:18 pm »

As for the extra hour and a half, if we can squeeze it in we could go invite Serena. She seems amicable enough, and any issue should be discovered immediately if we tell her Krait and Uristiel are already there. Don't be late though; we'll have other chances to woo the maiden. If we can't reasonably make it to her city and back in time do something else.
Sounds fine.

I think it's funny that all the Order Gods are evil. Not just some, like with Chaos. But then, having a diverse set of personalities wouldn't be very orderly, now would it?
And one is named Umbridge.

If we don't send her off to play in ponyville I will be sorely dissapointed.
"I shall not tell lies."
+1.  Also, I'LL TELL LIES IF I DAMN WELL PLEASE
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: January 25, 2013, 05:01:40 am »

Well, have him make a few more. Say, a baker's dozen total. That's good until we figure out what to do with it.

Also, I'd like to note that those Order Gods sounds terrifying. What are they even using the tax money for?
+1. And as for the order gods, I think there is a fanatical Lawful-stupid (there is a pun in french, with a word meaning "dumbass" sounding like "good", with only one-letter difference) elder god with a bunch of subordinates. Two of these subordinates we met in the updates. The others might or might not be less Inquisitor-like (Wh40k variety). Also, maybe that tolerant order gods are executed for "letting chaos spread" or something. Wouldn't surprise me.
As for taxes... Paying the army?

And they underestimate us greatly. Good good good... they shall be surprised...
1) we actually defeated Maher.
2) the castle is real.
3) we are allied with three different gods.

I look forward the ass-kicking sequence that will inevitably follow.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: January 25, 2013, 05:27:52 am »

Well, have him make a few more. Say, a baker's dozen total. That's good until we figure out what to do with it.

Also, I'd like to note that those Order Gods sounds terrifying. What are they even using the tax money for?
+1. And as for the order gods, I think there is a fanatical Lawful-stupid (there is a pun in french, with a word meaning "dumbass" sounding like "good", with only one-letter difference) elder god with a bunch of subordinates. Two of these subordinates we met in the updates. The others might or might not be less Inquisitor-like (Wh40k variety). Also, maybe that tolerant order gods are executed for "letting chaos spread" or something. Wouldn't surprise me.
As for taxes... Paying the army?

And they underestimate us greatly. Good good good... they shall be surprised...
1) we actually defeated Maher.
2) the castle is real.
3) we are allied with three different gods.

I look forward the ass-kicking sequence that will inevitably follow.

1) no, he was just playing with us.
2) no use, as we haven't outfitted it properly yet.
3) I only count gods two gods with non-agression pacts and one goddess neutral/friendly towards us.

Against the 100k soldiers that were mentioned in the last post, we'll need more than just the flying castle.

Could we give Edward a nugget of manarack if we have asked him for his plans and they sound reasonable? A dozen of the fire mines sounds fine, but let's have him spend his full time on them until he has finished the batch we ordered, so we instead of having like 3 or 4 of each of his inventions, we have a useful amount, but less inventions. Inventing one thing, then producing 4, then inventing another thing, then producing 2 or 3 and so on gives us less power than having him invent one or two things and then have him mass-produce 'em. Next, have him work on testing around with processing some plant saps, we could maybe get lucky and get something that burns really hot to feed the firejackets with (so they produce more nector and we can make more of those bombs and maybe other stuff)

Let's also make pit traps that work on the same principle as those bombs, have them covered by vines that only hold because of their knotted chaos, and then once a Justicar or whatever steps on them, the vines give way to his falling on spikes.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: January 25, 2013, 05:48:20 am »

1) no, he was just playing with us.
True
2) no use, as we haven't outfitted it properly yet.
Enemy army will not get here in a second, we have time to outfit it
3) I only count gods two gods with non-agression pacts and one goddess neutral/friendly towards us.
Krait is our ally any war with order, we did formed an alliance
Uristiel is a friendly neghbour who will help us if we offer something in return. And he is god of war, so wouldn't miss an oportunity to have war
Serena is our trade partner and look like quite benevolent god

Against the 100k soldiers that were mentioned in the last post
1) Those 100k soldiers mentioned are dead
2) Even if Umbridge have another 100k i doubt that he will send them all against what he perceives as a weakling

Let's also make pit traps that work on the same principle as those bombs, have them covered by vines that only hold because of their knotted chaos, and then once a Justicar or whatever steps on them, the vines give way to his falling on spikes.
Like that, it will be a part of our landscape design work that we should do after the tournament
Bonus if we put a spider into those pit
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: January 25, 2013, 06:30:17 am »

He has been playing with us in the sense he only sent a fraction of his armies, but we DID defeat this little army. The EoT gods are wrong because they think we havent even antagonized Maher. They probably think Maher would have crushed us straight instead of playing with us like he did.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: January 25, 2013, 06:36:57 am »

He has been playing with us in the sense he only sent a fraction of his armies,
And not using mana against our followers... barrage of lightnings could kill us in seconds. And it could be cheaper than his speaking with our worshipers for damned 200 mana
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: January 25, 2013, 06:56:42 am »

The guy's just crazy like that. He makes me thinks of Tzeentch, plotting for the sake of plotting. You know how "the journey is more important than the destination" for some people? I think for him plotting is more important than actually achieving whatever he plotted.
Full Sig

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: January 25, 2013, 09:18:58 am »

its a little late to invite Serena, She could only attend in goddess form, not with a delagation of her followers.
still if she wants a bit of entertainment she is welcome to come.

Maybe we should also bring up the subject of the Tranquil empire.

"no doubt they will come sooner or later to imprison the free, to shackle mortal potential and to turn the world in a boring and broken place... to be ruled by a perfect iron fist.
now... Serena and Uristiel, this is not your fight and it would wound me to see you suffer on our behalf. but Order does not embrace diversity like chaos does, and I can only fear where the empire will turn after the embers of Chaos are all stamped out.

For now we are here, and our people are free. I am honoured that you have come to celebrate this freedom with us."

something like that maybe?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 09:22:23 am by Talvara »

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: January 25, 2013, 09:20:58 am »

its a little late to invite Serena, She could only attend in goddess form, not with a delagation of her followers.
still if she wants a bit of entertainment she is welcome to come.

Maybe we should also bring up the subject of the Tranquil empire.

"no doubt they will come sooner or later to imprison the free, to shackle mortal potential and to turn the world in a boring and broken place... to be ruled by a perfect iron fist.
now... Serena and Uristiel, this is not your fight and it would wound me to see you suffer on our behalf. but Order does not embrace diversity like chaos does, and I can only fear where the empire will turn after the embers of Chaos are all stamped out.

For now we are here, and our people are free. we are honoured that you have come to celebrate this freedom with us."

something like that maybe?

+1

showing we care will also impress Serena.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: January 25, 2013, 10:41:59 am »

Let's try and negotiate a non aggression pact and trade with maher.  One less enemy to deal with, we'd get money and possible converts and with time we might even find him to be a good potential ally against the order empire.  Besides he might be crazy but as I've said before, he seems to keep his word and he has a professional relationship with krait who is our ally.  If we become friendly with him, the only local enemy we would have to deal with would be orcs.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: January 25, 2013, 10:59:05 am »

Let's try and negotiate a non aggression pact and trade with maher.  One less enemy to deal with, we'd get money and possible converts and with time we might even find him to be a good potential ally against the order empire.  Besides he might be crazy but as I've said before, he seems to keep his word and he has a professional relationship with krait who is our ally.  If we become friendly with him, the only local enemy we would have to deal with would be orcs.

+1

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: January 25, 2013, 12:13:55 pm »

He has been playing with us in the sense he only sent a fraction of his armies,
And not using mana against our followers... barrage of lightnings could kill us in seconds. And it could be cheaper than his speaking with our worshipers for damned 200 mana

I seriously doubt he will start raining down lightning on us. He seems like a gentlemany like commander that prefers to be upfront in battles.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: January 25, 2013, 12:20:25 pm »

Later on though we really do need scout units. We need to have our armies marshalled and ready to move days before the Order forces already arrive, so we can chase them back home and start attacking them. They won't be expecting that, and Order gods are notoriously slow to adapt.

Even if we "lose" as long as we can hurt them we can scare them. They sound like a giant superpower around here, they're probably not likely to have been hurt in a while. It kind of sounds like Pearl Harbor but our only other option is to fight purely defensively and they'll crush us through sheer numbers if nothing else. If we can kill or even just maim one member we might get free, or at least a reprieve.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: January 25, 2013, 12:24:11 pm »

Well, that I'd say we get Edward to make around 20 or so of the mines.
Also, we should also try and encourage the corrupted forest to spread.
Also, also, Sporejackets!!!!! (The earlier we make them, the more we have when we need them. Please don't eat me for suggesting them.)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 130