Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220835 times)

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1320 on: January 21, 2013, 03:41:29 am »

Seduce?  Do we even know if gods feel lust, love or any other emotion that would make that practical?

Why dont you ask Zeus?

(or any Greek God for that matter)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: January 21, 2013, 03:43:46 am »

Seduce?  Do we even know if gods feel lust, love or any other emotion that would make that practical?

Why dont you ask Zeus?

Or Nordic. Loki had to have been made somehow!

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: January 21, 2013, 03:55:48 am »

Why dont you ask Zeus?

Or Nordic. Loki had to have been made somehow!

Not to mention he swung both ways. he was female as much as he was male in legends. and liked it.

He also gave birth. multiple times.

I think, just for the sake of lols and a subplot, Serena should be very coquettish and be very open and receiving of our sentiments.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:58:04 am by kahn1234 »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: January 21, 2013, 05:13:20 am »

Just came back, kinda horrified by the number of replies posted. Jesus...
I'm all for "friends&good life" plan. Seducing our neighbour might be a little early...
No to physical form. It is limitating. No to using manarack anywhere but in our castle. We'll need every piece of it.
I'm okay with the zerg-rush spam of Stems. One thing though, make them able to turn into other, normal (eatable) plants as they die/become useless.
No to infusing souls in the firejackets. They're fine as is and the souls are precious mana income.
Which we should secure and improve. To the afterlife!
Otherwise yes to the booze trade and such.

Also I picture Tiberius as a chaos dreadnought. The warhammer one.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: January 21, 2013, 05:29:56 am »

New idea brought up in the OOC thread:

We should make it so that our Stems and Saps can plant their seeds anywhere, not just in farm plots. Ideally also have the current crop taught basic farming. That way, we can have an army sow their own seeds, then attack; the next generation sprouts, sows, and strikes; the next sprouts, sows, and strikes; sprout, sow, strike; sprout, sow, strike; week after week, month after month, backed up by other forces, until the entire area is torched or ours.

Sound like a good idea?
Something I believe was overlooked, Make the trees not hostile to dwarves. We don't want the trade caravan fugused.
Agreed, I believe our currently agreed actions are:
  • Talk with Serena, see if we can get a trade deal going.
  • Give our worshippers and lieutenants silk armor.
  • Trade some of our booze to Uristiel.
  • Ceasefire attempt with Maher.
  • Talk with the elves.
  • Prepare for the feast,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"My intentions are only for trade and mutual prosperity between our people," you assure Serena.
"Glad to hear it," Serena murmured demurely.
"These are such barbaric times nowadays, with Maher doing as he pleases, Grumugga rampaging about, and the Empire of Tranquility silencing all who disagree with them - quite refreshing to meet a God interested in trade."

"So," you politely inquire, "What does Aquitaine specialize in, exactly?"
"The largest library on the continent, even surpassing the one in Ceres," she replied, though her voice conveyed not a hint of pride. "As a result mages come from all over to study here - as well as other noble professions like the alchemists of course. So our primary exports tend to be potions and spell scrolls."

"Impressive - so, alchemists eh...have you heard of Minas Iroh's Fir-"
"Fire-nector, yes - some of our alchemists purchased a few barrels while in Ceres and won't shut up about it," she said with a soft laugh.
"I can't name the recipe but it makes one of the most powerful healing potions I've ever seen, when combined with certain other reagents. They made quite a profit off that...so I have a proposal for you."
"I'm all ears, mi'lady," you reply, your tone playfully formal.
"Agree to sell unrefined fire-nector to Aquitaine, and only Aquitaine - and I'll owe you a favor every two weeks," she stated.

You ponder that for a minute before replying, "I shall need to think upon this before deciding," you finally say.
"Take all the time you need," Serena assured you. "In the meantime, we should look into constructing a road between our settlements - the terrain between them is quite impassable to wagons, as it stands."
Her presence abruptly turned, as if listening to something far away, and then sighed.
"You'll have to excuse me, another orc raid - the fifth one this week, if you'll believe it."
"I believe it all right," you mutter in sympathy.
"Best of luck, and I'll give your offer the consideration it deserves."

You travel back home, and are greeted by the sight of a new road connecting to it from Minas Nurgle. Zooming halfway along it, you find that the arena is likewise completed, with spectator seating that could easily house both villages' populations.

The dwarves, meanwhile, have set up operations in the clearing Uristiel flattened, the ring of hammers accompaning drunken chatter as they worked. The base of the fortress is halfway completed, amazingly enough - causing you to suspect that many of the workers have boons.

As you watch the constructions, you're reminded of the new field you requested the farmers to build, to grow more Stems in...now that you think about it though, it seems like folly that a Chaos God should have to grow his minions in neat, tilled little fields - you should be able to grow them anywhere.

Gathering up your will, you prepare to alter the Stems for the second time today - summoning up Chaos for adaptability, and delving into Life to draw inspiration from the most virulent weeds.

As you release the coiled energies, the entire species glows a bright green, before fading moments later. You succeeded, but with unforseen consequences - the amount of seeds that comes with each fully-grown Stem has dropped to 2-3, and their gestation period is now 4-7 days. Still, their new adaptability should make them a nightmare to get rid of once they've reached a new area. When growing, the majority of their body will now be underground, which should make them harder to detect when multiplying in enemy territory.
(1d20 : 2 + ChaosSkill(4) + LifeSkill(4) = 10)
-100 Mana

You ask the villagers to scatter the majority of the stockpiled Stem seeds in the forest, as you explain the changes. The current gestating batch will finish in the fields as usual, but afterward the field will be open for whatever you wish to be planted there.

The infant webspinner spiders seem to have matured, but as with most spider broods they took a heavy toll on their own numbers - only 50 survived to adulthood. Still, the village now should enjoy vastly accelerated silkweb production, and a horde of giant poisonous arachnids are useful for shredding unwanted justicars as well.

The corrupted forest has shown no signs of hostility to dwarves that passed nearby, but you explicitly tell it not to attack dwarvenkind just as a precaution.

The rest of the day passes without incident as the mole mines, the dwarves build, Ustan urges the brewers to make fire-nector rum faster, and the alchemist makes fire-nector bombs. You receive 324 Mana the next morning.

The dwarven caravan should arrive today, and the feast is tomorrow.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 02:55:12 pm by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: January 21, 2013, 05:42:12 am »

Pfffff, agricultural stems were far much better for our  situation. As usual. "better is an enemy of good." Nice job reducing our potential troop raising rate, guys. Setuping fields was so "hard" to do, it was absolutely necessary to make them grow in the wild....
And we spent 100 mana for that. Wonderful...
We gonna regret that will not have those thousands of raised stems when war will come
Oh, and what do we grow on the fields, now?

No to infusing souls in the firejackets. They're fine as is and the souls are precious mana income.
The idea is to give limited sentience to firejackets, that means worship, that means mana income
Firejackets are our first creation and deserve special treatment

No to using manarack anywhere but in our castle. We'll need every piece of it.
Castle is not even our own. It's shared with Krait, do we want to share all our manarack with him? I think not
Tiberius deserves some upgrading
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 05:46:25 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: January 21, 2013, 05:59:56 am »

Pfffff, agricultural stems were far much better for our  situation. As usual. "better is an enemy of good." Nice job reducing our potential troop raising rate, guys. Setuping fields was so "hard" to do, it was absolutely necessary to make them grow in the wild....
We gonna regret that will not have those thousands of raised stems when war will come

relax and roll with it.

The idea is to give limited sentience to firejackets, that means worship, that means mana income
lets not infuse the firejackets with souls, those in our afterlife deserve their bliss and their rest. only those that have an aching desire to be used should be used.

No to using manarack anywhere but in our castle. We'll need every piece of it.
Castle is not even our own. It's shared with Krait, do we want to share all our manarack with him? I think not
Tiberius deserves some upgrading
I agree, not all Manarack has to/should go to the castle. using a bit on Tiberius just to see the effect is fine with me.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: January 21, 2013, 06:12:10 am »

Dont blame people for having rolled a 2 on a d20. This was a good idea.
I dont think the soul infusion will make what you think it'll do.
Tiberius was upgraded ten times already. And having manarack in a shared castle do not mean sharing manarack. It's still ours.

On the matter of Miss goddess of light, next time we meet offer her to help her getting rid of the orcs (I'll let you crazy guys think about how exactly), in exchange for teaching our guys. I'm aware that we do have a school, but it's not the same level. We have our own primary/middle school, then we send the childrens to her high school/college.

About the fire nectar, maybe reserve her the RAW nectar exclusivity, but ask to still sell it under refined forms to others, like booze to the dwarves. Although we can afford stopping selling it to people in the city. Theyll get it through miss, we still have our money income, plus the favors, and she earns bigger money. Only potential lose is on big city's side.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1328 on: January 21, 2013, 06:26:38 am »

You know, we can still plant Stems in the fields. Now we can just plant them all over the place too. If anything, we just increased production in the long run, since we no longer have to till fields for them.

Anyway, I think we should accept Serena's offer.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: January 21, 2013, 07:17:18 am »

SImple Solution:

Use a bit of mana increasing the amount of seeds to 20 and reducing the gestation period to 2-3 days.

You act as if that is final. we are a god, they are our creations. we can modify them however, whenever, where ever we like.

why would it work like that?

if anything it would decrease our mana production. A soul in the afterlife is supposed to produce 3 mana each. If we take it out of the afterlife, it would go back to only producing 1 mana, so infusing 1 soul into the firejackets WOULD NOT give the firejackets souls (and therefore the ability to produce mana) unless Corruptor (tats his name, right?) said otherwise.

Finally, i think we should accept the sexy librarians...i mean Serena's proposal, so long as we get a cut of the converts, reputation and profits.
We should also make sure that people know where the fire nectar is coming from and we should also make sure we can still trade our fire-nectar based finished products. I'm sure the fire-bombs and fire-brew would be popular, especially with the Dwarves. And diluted Fire Brew would be human-safe.

on a less serious note, we seem to have impressed Serena, especially with the Fire Nectar. Maybe getting to know her better and then seducing her would work? Goddesses are creatures of passion, as the old legends have shown...... (as you can tell, i'm not giving up until this happens).
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:41:57 am by kahn1234 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: January 21, 2013, 08:00:54 am »

Saves time for our farmers and opens up the possibilities of neverending sieges of Stems. And the Stems can grow themselves!

Just about anything we want. Probably normal crops.

I suggest we accept Serena's offer. It gives us both normal profit from firenector and favors, plus an ally.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: January 21, 2013, 08:39:24 am »

Instead how about a modify agreement, we get access to that library and she gets direct access to the fire nectar.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: January 21, 2013, 09:13:38 am »

Agg! Dark Souls! So many games, so little time!  :'(

That's pretty much how I picture Tiberius.
I picture Tiberius as essentially a Big Daddy with a Flamethrower. Why did you change Serena's color from teal to white? It's really hard to read now.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:16:15 am by Remuthra »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: January 21, 2013, 09:18:34 am »

Instead how about a modify agreement, we get access to that library and she gets direct access to the fire nectar.
No.
Divine favors are more valuable than whatever she has in that library, in part because they can involve, say, letting the mages study there.
Similarly, "direct access" implies that she wouldn't need to pay for it.

Why did you change Serena's color from teal to white? It's really hard to read now.
I'm wondering the same thing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: January 21, 2013, 09:24:38 am »

Alright things we should do:
1. Upgrade the afterlife (fire angels and all that)
2. Upgrade Tiberius (It's not much manarack, should be worthwhile)
3. Negotiate trade with Serena (we can probably talk her price down, or we can leave it because we're benevolent)
4. See Maher about that ceasefire.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 130