Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I want this werecapybara serpent woman to leave her lair.  (Read 825 times)

flarn2006

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I want this werecapybara serpent woman to leave her lair.
« on: January 02, 2013, 08:09:20 pm »

I embarked onto a site that had a serpent woman/werecapybara lair on it. I set up some walls and cage traps outside of its entrance, and now I want her to leave her lair so she'll get trapped. I tried sending in a Dwarven Child as bait >:-) but he wasn't able to get out of her lair and died. Any ideas of anything else I can do, preferably without killing any more dwarves?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: I want this werecapybara serpent woman to leave her lair.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 08:19:47 pm »

Stationing soldiers would be a much more reliable thing to do.  Station them inside, then when they attract her attention put them back on civilian duty and they should run away.  If they've got good stats or aren't wearing much armor, they might be able to outrun her.

Other than that, I believe werecreatures can't drown.  It's highly impractical, but you could maybe pour water into her lair and flush her out?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

ikachan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 08:27:15 pm »

Maybe you could try keeping an animal (preferably cats) tied to a rope or chain outside the lair near the traps and maybe she'll try attack the animal and get caught.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 08:44:41 pm »

Is she listed as a Current Resident in the Units screen? She may be immune to traps.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 09:36:10 pm »

Is she listed as a Current Resident in the Units screen? She may be immune to traps.

This.  She is most definitely immune to cage traps as a permanent and originl resident of the map. I recommeend walling her off and throwing useless peasants her way so that they turn into werecapybaras.. Build a werecapybara fort. Make every relevant person a werecapybara. Treat her as your default queen.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

flarn2006

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 10:15:28 pm »

She is listed as Current Resident, but that means she's immune to traps? I better put those walls back up. Thanks for the warning!

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 10:10:51 am »

And if you MUST cage her, cave in dust does the trick.

Nuoya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 12:22:51 pm »

Really immune to cage traps? Then, make a LONG hallway with drawbridges on both ends and, using the aforementioned bait tactics, lure it in and pull the lever. You can cage it later with webbed cage traps.

edit: drawbridges
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 12:25:13 pm by Nuoya »