Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What empire do we play as?

GWG's Psychic mindcrabs (Mindstealing crablike beings)
- 5 (12.5%)
Jbg97's Proelium Empire of Cassigans. (Warlike humanoids)
- 6 (15%)
GotdamnMiracles Ajacet (Warlike, semisuicidal Insectoid race)
- 6 (15%)
SoHowAreyou's Obin (Cybernetic Technocracy)
- 7 (17.5%)
I'manelfColaborator Harbringers (Anthrompomorphic semitribal internally divided crows)
- 1 (2.5%)
Ardas United Earth federation
- 4 (10%)
Ukranian Ranger's Order of life (Human space hippy elves)
- 7 (17.5%)
Rolepgeek Unified societies (Pascifistic aquatic beings)
- 4 (10%)
Option I
- 0 (0%)
Option J
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: Galactic Machinations (Semi suggestion game). Space elves  (Read 24998 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Machinations (Looking for players. Empire submission closed)
« Reply #285 on: January 12, 2013, 10:01:47 pm »

Why, why all players are some kind of rebels or troublemakers?)))

This game will become hilarious when things will start to fall apart.
I am afraid that Psions will just mind control everyone else in the end. (or get genocided, there are almost no middle ground :) )
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 12, 2013, 10:05:38 pm »

((Why, why all players are some kind of rebels or troublemakers?)))
I'm not actually that bad. My goals are to help all elfhumankind. It's just not in ways that certain organizations would approve of...

This game will become hilarious when things will start to fall apart.
I am afraid that Psions will just mind control everyone else in the end. (or get genocided, there are almost no middle ground :) )
Not much chance of that. Oh-so-much simpler to seize the reins of a horse than to control all of its muscles, no? And I do not intend to be wiped out.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 12, 2013, 10:28:39 pm »

I suspect that you only want to destroy both religion and crown and take their place

I hate mages, Mars will be the last one who will submit to that sci-fi version of Aryans)))

Anyway, I want moar suggestions. I am afraid that 99% of game will be in PMs...
Readers. remember that you can post suggestions without registering :)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 12, 2013, 10:57:33 pm »

I suspect that you only want to destroy both religion and crown and take their place
Only if we must.

I hate mages, Mars will be the last one who will submit to that sci-fi version of Aryans)))
"Bah. It is fools like this which hold us back in the Dark Ages..." Oh, and I'm kinda insulted by the sideways comparison to Hitler.

Anyway, I want moar suggestions. I am afraid that 99% of game will be in PMs...
I'm not even known to the general populace. Not all the faction leaders know the Circles exist.

Readers. remember that you can post suggestions without registering :)
Oh, right.

I suggest that we spread out some, get resources and stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 12, 2013, 11:15:24 pm »

"Bah. It is fools like this which hold us back in the Dark Ages..." Oh, and I'm kinda insulted by the sideways comparison to Hitler.
Sometimes I think that people on Bay12 can interpret just anything as an insult
Psions are Aryans because they are a strictly better version of humans. Their ideology or goals have nothing to do with that.

I'm not even known to the general populace. Not all the faction leaders know the Circles exist.
Did I say that I expect you to post openly? No? then why you answer that? It's obvious that openly rebellious factions should do all actions via PMs

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 12, 2013, 11:21:06 pm »

"Bah! The current practice is perfectly acceptable! The priests interpret the Scriptures of the Prophets when we ask them if it would be appropriate to mine. Should we enact that, then I suppose it would only be correct to stop all mining on Mars completely, right, Duke? And gas giants, being giants, were possibly meant to be fuel stations; hydrogen is one of the most common substances in the Universe, after all, and makes quite good fuel. But your act would completely eliminate such prospects! Have you no education, on the backwater world of Mars? Gas giants are each and every time as large or larger than Holy Terra's mass! The Suppliers can take up positions in the asteroid fields and belts, pulling in and harvesting the rocks for our resources. These resources, in turn, can be used to construct habitation ships and nutrient generators, and then weapons and ships for our troops to destroy heretical farms, once they are...no longer needed. I would agree with adding an experimental nutrient generator, or a battery of such, to the Tech Station, as well as the addition of a Machine-Chapel. It would do me and my men, and likely the scientists as well, much good to pray to the gods, and ensure that the Yukami of the station are not displeased." (It used to be the various coutnries; why wouldn't various foreign words and religious practices get incorporated? Yukami are like the 'Machine Spirits' as at least in the Guardians interpretation of the Prophets, most everything has a soul...)

A fleet of corvettes would be appreciated, but not before habitation ships, and more powerful, less expensive, static defenses are built onto the tech station itself. Once our Suppliers are fully functional, we will have no need of planetary mines, thankfully. I do propose we send out a small fleet of a new ship design; you'll find it's schematics in your Holo-Screens. These Investigator-class corvettes will be able to find new star systems for us to move to and collect resources from, possibly even a Holy Nebula to begin mass harvesting operations; They are one of the largest resource holders that the Prophets were acceptable with collecting. Our Suppliers would help greatly there. I also propose we begin increasing recruiting rates, to combat rising heresy and insurrections. I have heard rumours of many things from my men, from alien bandits to warlocks wielding stolen powers from the planets themselves, calling their foul practices 'psionics'."

As a final word my liege, I would think the decision lay in your hands, as to allow yet another...planetary...citizen to take place in the Theocratic council. Besides, who here would wish to give up their seat? You, High Lieutenant Halkir of the Virtue's Guard? Or you, Lord-Priest Genmeal? No? I do wonder why we keep the now demoted Captain Julkirin here, as his actions have shown him to be of lesser virtue than other men. For this reason, and to allow us to make the best decisions possible, I do apologize to the Captain, but I believe he should step down. He is obviously in personal distress from his appearance, and is no longer fit for the duty here. He might be replaced by the High Engine-Priest, whom I have known personally to be a man of great faith and intelligence for many years, Restuce of the Vitality Battlestar.
(he is, of course, a technocrat...)

Sent PM. I send by PMs because I don't need the Duke of Mars knowing my various and interlocked schemes. Nor the Council of Mages Circle of Psions.

That was a comparison to Hitler though. Psions aren't better at everything. They've unlocked the secrets of the mind, but that also renders them far more vulnerable to other Psychics, and people with no connection whatsoever to Psychicness(call 'em Blanks), or people with untrained Psionic talent (Call 'em Statics, 'cause that's what they'll end up causing), are going to mess 'em up. As are Inquisitors, particularly the ones with Psionic talents related to hunting down you witches.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 11:24:28 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 12, 2013, 11:25:35 pm »

Why?
Me and Miracle are the biggest rebels here and my action was public.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 12, 2013, 11:29:50 pm »

You can't claim not to know that the Nazis believed that the Aryans were the master race.

Psions are Aryans because they are a strictly better version of humans. Their ideology or goals have nothing to do with that.
False. Pretty much anyone with the right teacher can learn psionics (I think), and the comparison was still implied.

Did I say that I expect you to post openly? No? then why you answer that? It's obvious that openly rebellious factions should do all actions via PMs
Meh, point.

And, Rolep, bear in mind that most people are unaware of the very existence of psionics. Go ahead, start hunting for me! It'll be Salem all over again...
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 12, 2013, 11:31:26 pm »

Don't worry.

They are gonna be to busy to hunt you soon.
Their soon going to experience a crippling food shortage and a general public feeling of if they have power they are the enemy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 12, 2013, 11:34:51 pm »

Excellent! I have almost no power! And an idea...
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 12, 2013, 11:59:25 pm »

And this is why I plan to increase troops and mining production. To keep down insurrections.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 13, 2013, 12:03:20 am »

" I have my opinion about the man who should leave the council immediately.

It's a man who blasphemously proposed to farm Venus. It's a man who is considering to gather "fuel" from gas giants. It's a man who called king's uncle and a famous hunter an idiot. It's a man who never heard  the word diplomacy .It's a man who insulted billion of good citizens of Mars by calling them  backwater. It's a man who is questioning necessity to stop Mars mining. Yes. Mars mining must be stopped! Everyone faithful know that. But not right now, as a ruler I can't rush such things, my subjects will suffer too much if I'll make such decision. I swore to care about their needs! And definitely I will not give such an order until ruler of Terra will do the same.  But back to the subject . I humbly ask our beloved king and our just head of the council to banish Malderik Bizonry for his constant disrespect of nobility and heretical ideas and replace him with a more suitable candidate

I should clarify about the fleet of corvettes, I don't ask for assistance from the crown. I ask for a permission. I will order them from my own money.

And for limit, if our wise clergy dislike 1\1000th rule and think that another size is justified and right, then pick it, but we need to define this subject at last! And make our economical planning much more easier"

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 13, 2013, 03:56:11 am »

Why, why all players are some kind of rebels or troublemakers?)))
Frank not, he just seek scoops.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 13, 2013, 04:32:03 am »

Technically they're not. The Aryans are a mythological prehistorical human subrace that lived somewhere in the North East Europe/ Asia. There's no implication of being better. (Except you know, the name meaning noble and such.) The original name was merely a ethnolinguical clasification

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 13, 2013, 08:54:24 am »

Technically they're not. The Aryans are a mythological prehistorical human subrace that lived somewhere in the North East Europe/ Asia. There's no implication of being better. (Except you know, the name meaning noble and such.) The original name was merely a ethnolinguical clasification
The Nazis would probably disagree with you...which makes me more certain that he was trying to insult me by comparing me to them.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22