Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What empire do we play as?

GWG's Psychic mindcrabs (Mindstealing crablike beings)
- 5 (12.5%)
Jbg97's Proelium Empire of Cassigans. (Warlike humanoids)
- 6 (15%)
GotdamnMiracles Ajacet (Warlike, semisuicidal Insectoid race)
- 6 (15%)
SoHowAreyou's Obin (Cybernetic Technocracy)
- 7 (17.5%)
I'manelfColaborator Harbringers (Anthrompomorphic semitribal internally divided crows)
- 1 (2.5%)
Ardas United Earth federation
- 4 (10%)
Ukranian Ranger's Order of life (Human space hippy elves)
- 7 (17.5%)
Rolepgeek Unified societies (Pascifistic aquatic beings)
- 4 (10%)
Option I
- 0 (0%)
Option J
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: Galactic Machinations (Semi suggestion game). Space elves  (Read 25048 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Machinations (Looking for players. Empire submission closed)
« Reply #270 on: January 11, 2013, 04:09:17 pm »

It may have been stated but I'm not entirely sure now.

Is w359 the system that me and Miracle have our little pirate base in?

I'm assuming it is since it's the only one that seems to fit the position it was described to be in.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:13:15 pm by mesor »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 11, 2013, 04:20:07 pm »

It may have been stated but I'm not entirely sure now.

Is w359 the system that me and Miracle have our little pirate base in?

I'm assuming it is since it's the only one that seems to fit the position it was described to be in.
The Secret pirate base is, for certain reasons, not displayed on the map. Only the Order systems are displayed. And unscanned systems. (I was planning to do another, seperate version of the map for you and miracle, but I'm not going to do it yet. Maps are a lot fo work.)

Edit: Also, GotdamnMiracle, feel free to specify your location.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:25:32 pm by 10ebbor10 »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 11, 2013, 04:22:16 pm »

Ahhh ok.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 11, 2013, 04:33:39 pm »

Is there some version of the map where it's...smaller?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 11, 2013, 04:40:20 pm »

right-click, view image.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 11, 2013, 04:40:59 pm »

There's some sort of image width tag, but I forgot the right forum code for it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 11, 2013, 05:58:55 pm »

Okay then.
New question: How do we not know where any stars past a certain distance are? IRL we know about where hundreds, thousands, or hundreds of thousands of stars are (give or take). That star field looks maybe a dozen or two light years across, total.

-----

"I can feel it. The future beckons to me. Today starts an era of change. Who knows what it will bring? I can't divine that yet; the future is ever in flux. Regardless, change will happen, big and soon. This makes it a perfect time to perform our changes, as well...

Actions PM'd
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 12, 2013, 03:47:23 am »

Because otherwise exploring isn't fun. Also, only stars with planets are shown.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 12, 2013, 11:20:16 am »

Ah.
Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 12, 2013, 11:27:46 am »

Year 1. Season 1/4

While the King appears to be enthousiast about the construction of a new defensive battlestation in Mars orbit, both the Theocratic council and the majority of the nobles are against the project. Main problems appear to be the enormous cost, and it's inability to take care of current problems. Nevertheless, none of them can deny the need for such a defensive station. As such, it is decided that for now the construction will remain limited to the core of the station, where only the labs and civilians will be housed. It's much more modest than the original design, housing only about 50.000 people. Suprisingly, formal control of the station is given to an formerly unknown minor noble, apparently affliated with the Technocrats. Both the thinkers and the shipwrights agree to the deal. The Duke of Mars is tasked with overseeing the construction of the station.

A recent campaign to reduce the Martian mining installation's environemental impact has resulted in a tremendous increase of production. This increased production is a good thing, and is projected to lower resource prices back to reasonable levels. The Duke of Mars has certainly made himself popular with the lower classes with this move, even if the majority of the production increase is not the result of his doing, but a result of the discovery of a very rich deposit while digging a replacement mine to mitigate the effects of the closure of several outdated, polluting mines.

A motion to forbid mining on Earth has been proposed and voted on in the Theocratic council. The motion failed to pass, but support of it has once again increased. Our internal sources say that roughly 1/3 voted for the the bill, but that the other members witheld their votes. Instead, the council has decided to push for support of a series of Asteroid mining ship, the most prominent of these being the truly gigantic Supplier class ships. Rivalling our largest military ship's in size, these mobile mining stations would be capable of mining entire asteroids in a very short time.
The same motivators are also the driving force behind the recent construction of mining facilities in the asteroid belt around AC-1. In a joint effort of the crown and the Guardians of Hope mining projects were estabilished, in order to reduce the nessicity of planetary mining operations.

Despite a bit of turmoil in the rooms, no changes are made to expand the current food supply. While constructing farms is obviously not an option, everybody knows that trying to raid the heritical farming projects now would accomplish nothing but further increasing civil disobedience. However, while the court and the theocratic council are argueing, the situation down on Earth appears to worsen by the day. Nevertheless, protests die down for the moment, as do the terrible storms that did a lot of damage last season.

Last matter of importance is the promotion of several new generals and naval commanders. Both the King and the council agree that Malderik Bizonry certainly has the military and political status that would allow him to handle the job. There's however only one problem. When the Royal Academy was founded, one of it's core principles was that it would only be commanded by one of it's own graduates. The Academy is willing to compromise though, and give Malderik a honorary doctorate, but they still require that he'll take and pass their final test. The academy has the largest and most advanced combat simulation mechanics in the Order, and the capability of simulating all major battles of the last years, as well as new scenarios. The King and the Council though Sir Borion would be a much better commander for the Dragon's Guard fleet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Still, as old problems are solved new ones keep popping up. Food supply remains problematic, and Unhappiness on Earth is formenting. If the Order's economy is ever to gather all their resources from asteroids, new deposits will need to be discovered and tapped.

Spoiler: Subplots (click to show/hide)

Systems controlled by the order of Life

Spoiler: Sol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vitality Battlestar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AC-1/ AC-2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: B-21 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: W-359 (click to show/hide)

General statistics of the Order

Statistics

Political statistics
[/i]
Politics

Spoiler: Relations (click to show/hide)

Economical statistics

Economical Status

Trade with other races

Player characters

Major

Minor

Spoiler: Unit recruitment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The economy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Military (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: For actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 12:26:50 pm by 10ebbor10 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 12, 2013, 11:52:33 am »

I'm excited to see what happens with my plans...
Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 12, 2013, 12:11:57 pm »

I'm excited to see what happens with my plans...
I send the PM. Most of the turn should be finished now, except for the results of Miracle's exploration. I'll roll those when I know where his base is.

Oh, and stuff is a bit barebones because my internet is ridicously slow.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 12, 2013, 12:58:05 pm »

Oh hell yes. Everything went as planned...mwahahahaha! PM you my actions in a few hours. Or more.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 12, 2013, 02:41:03 pm »

Spoiler: sublopt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Speech of the Duke of Mars at the parliament

"I know that many fundamentalist will dislike what I say, but someone must say that. For years we have no defined size of an object that can be mined. This theocratic dilemma halted so much needed mining on the orbits of Gas giants and asteroid belts. I propose once and forever to define the limit equal to 1\1000 of Terra's mass. Everything lesser then that should be allowed to mined without any restrictions, even if it's a moon of a larger body.
Not only this will allow expanding mining operations on orbit's of Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune and Uranus but we may start proper mining at AC1's Gas Giants. That's a  much more practical solution then building huge mining ships to hunt some scattered rocks. All that precisions resources should be better spent for new habitation ships, needed to depopulate the Terra and nutrient plants needed to feed them
I am sure that one of the reasons why God created Gas Giants is to concentrate soulless objects for easier mining by sentient races

Another important matter: I nominate my good friend and devoted believer,  Haush, High priest of Mars, to become a new member of the council. It's simply wrong, that 1 billion believers have no representative in the council just because we had heresies in past

Also, I ask to add an experimental nutritional generator to the current design of the research station. Not only that will allow to lessen food problems of the system, but it will let Thinkers to experiment with better techniques on nutrition generation

And lastly, I ask for a permission to order a small fleet of corvettes from the Shipwrights. Those ships are needed to protect Mars, Sol mining facilities, and highly valuable, but otherwise unprotected research station. "
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 12, 2013, 09:38:18 pm »

"Tenth Circle Jones, don't you see my point?"
"Ninth Circle MacLod, I see. You say things are going slowly."
"Precisely!"
"Which means that we will not be found, hated, and destroyed so easily."
"But--"
"There are billions of them, MacLod. They could easily send a soldier for each of our members. Your psionics and mine can easily hold off a dozen or more soldiers, but what about the members of the first few Circles? We have no chance if we provoke them. And provoke we will...but not until we can survive long enough to actually make a change."

Actions PM'd
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22