Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What empire do we play as?

GWG's Psychic mindcrabs (Mindstealing crablike beings)
- 5 (12.5%)
Jbg97's Proelium Empire of Cassigans. (Warlike humanoids)
- 6 (15%)
GotdamnMiracles Ajacet (Warlike, semisuicidal Insectoid race)
- 6 (15%)
SoHowAreyou's Obin (Cybernetic Technocracy)
- 7 (17.5%)
I'manelfColaborator Harbringers (Anthrompomorphic semitribal internally divided crows)
- 1 (2.5%)
Ardas United Earth federation
- 4 (10%)
Ukranian Ranger's Order of life (Human space hippy elves)
- 7 (17.5%)
Rolepgeek Unified societies (Pascifistic aquatic beings)
- 4 (10%)
Option I
- 0 (0%)
Option J
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: Galactic Machinations (Semi suggestion game). Space elves  (Read 25030 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Machinations (Looking for players. Empire submission closed)
« Reply #255 on: January 09, 2013, 01:14:26 am »

((So...is it over? Also, a point. if 1.2 billion people now are having food issues, and only .8 billion in here, how come their population is decreasing, but in real life it's increasing? Did being in space kill people's sex drive?))
Only 0.5 billion. It's a combination of lack of space, pollution (Earth), and several other factors.

Also, heavily regularized society.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:32:37 am by 10ebbor10 »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 09, 2013, 02:05:01 am »

Submission for a Minor character with a major Organization

Organisation name: Ring of Gold
Description:
The Ring of gold grew almost parallel to the Ring of Life. As the supply of organic luxuries stopped in addition to the shortage of inorganic luxuries, There will be always people willing to serve the bureaucrats, military men and those unaccustomed to the fanatical leanings of the order for a high price. Not surprisingly the order grew from within the army, and thanks to the convoluted military hierarchy the organization is resilient enough to survive numerous purges.
While there is no sure-fire way to proof the existence of this organization, numerous trafficking of organic products, animal and plant parts, as well as counterfeit and contraband goods are attributed to them, either by consequential evidence, or being just a convenient scapegoat for unexplained errors in accounting. That said, numerous videos and announcements are spread regularly on the mass media by unidentified people claiming to be part of this organization.
The Ring of Gold obviously do not have its own standing army or navy, but an estimate put its sympathizers at around 5-15% of the officer population. Apart from army men, its connections also include traders, colony administrators and even some of the clergy, making it impossible to root out.
Obviously, this ring has no known formal leader, though recently the identity "John Goldsmith" is used as the common public face.
     -Economical power: ~10%: While they do not have a centralized account, collectively they are damn rich.
     -Military power: ~5%: A lot of people are symphatic to them, but their military capability is serverely compromised by being mostly undercover.
     -Popularity: ~2%: They are hated among the masses. Unfortunately only the more refined men understand their usefulness.

Name: Thandiwe Patricia "Captain Tepp" Mkhabela
Description: Thandiwe Mkhabela is a lady around the age of 30, with a tomboyish look and of dark, medium build.
Biography: By way of inheritance she got enough money to start her own transport business, and with her own custom transport corvette, the Siphokazi, she has gained some kind of reputation of being fast and timely. Her exploits soon made her in contact with the Ring of Gold, or at least people claiming to have a connection with, and she joined as undercover for money.
Her usual way of business is to occasionally smuggle a few contraband with legal goods, and with "helpful" custom officers and not wanting to damage her business reputation, she was never get caught. And perhaps if she got caught probably the one responsible is another client for her services anyway...
Type: Economical

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 09, 2013, 06:21:15 am »

I assume that Patricia is a minor noble or she'll have huge problems with the law for owning ship that large unlawfully

But Is it allowed to have both major and minor characters?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 09, 2013, 07:06:10 am »

(( I may be wrong but I don't think a minor character can run her own company, I'm pretty sure it was set up so minor's worked for a company or were independant and major could have a company.
Hence the organisation part being only on the major character bit of the sheet. ))

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 09, 2013, 07:08:26 am »

I assume that Patricia is a minor noble or she'll have huge problems with the law for owning ship that large unlawfully

But Is it allowed to have both major and minor characters?
The company is technically her own ship. Not inconceivable unless private ownership of vessels is outlawed.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:19:36 am by evilcherry »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 09, 2013, 07:34:00 am »

(( I may be wrong but I don't think a minor character can run her own company, I'm pretty sure it was set up so minor's worked for a company or were independant and major could have a company.
Hence the organisation part being only on the major character bit of the sheet. ))
Running your own (small) compagny is technically the purpose of the minor economical character.

The difference between the three is that a minor character only directly influences one part of the game.

EDIT: Private ownership of ship's is heavily regularized, but not outlawed. Meaning that you're technically a minor noble.

I'm not sure about the Major+ minor character thing. Technically not, as it would be slightly unbalanced. However, we might have a slight player shortage, since I haven't got any turn/ questions from Jbg 97 or GWG yet.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 08:00:11 am by 10ebbor10 »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 09, 2013, 08:00:52 am »

Oh...  I assumed they acted via PMs... Hope they'll post soon.  Anyway they are my least liked factions :) (nothing personal, but I dislike magic(psions)  in any sci-fi setting and Jbg 97's rebels are somewhat bland to my tastes)

As for major+minor I strongly dislike it, that's a metagaming hell.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 09, 2013, 11:23:26 am »

Oh...  I assumed they acted via PMs... Hope they'll post soon.  Anyway they are my least liked factions :) (nothing personal, but I dislike magic(psions)  in any sci-fi setting and Jbg 97's rebels are somewhat bland to my tastes)

As for major+minor I strongly dislike it, that's a metagaming hell.
The Ring of Gold does *NOT* have a major character to head itself by its definition. Its akin to asking for who led all the pirates on the Caribbean.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 09, 2013, 11:25:15 am »

Still, I assume you still control the organisation.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 09, 2013, 12:19:09 pm »

evilcherry I don't understand why not play the most powerful smuggler existing? you may even give him some formal power, like small holdings , spiritual rank or membership in some guild. (hunters should make perfect smugglers, shipwrights can make some ships ideal for smuggling, thinkers have access to top technology and so on... Furthemore you may make some minor guild  )

And why play as all smugglers existing? Organized crime can cooperate, sure but no force in the university can make them act like one entity... Take one powerful mafia clan (Leader may have important position) , and use your allied relation with other clan's of the ring

Just remember, that they are allies, not someone you command directly. That's what influence represents after all

My vassal counts add some influence to my stats, but they are independent politicians and I can't control their actions directly.  Then why you should have ability to directly control every smuggler existing?

Not forcing you to something, just giving advice based on my ideas, Smuggler was my first choice, but when I noticed that most factions are rebels of some kind, I preferred to take loyal character,

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 09, 2013, 05:37:16 pm »

Where'd you get the idea I haven't asked any questions? I've asked what my numbers mean and what I can do in a turn at least twice.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 09, 2013, 05:43:00 pm »

Just letting y'all know that i quit. I don't even know what the fuck anymore.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 09, 2013, 05:45:48 pm »

Where'd you get the idea I haven't asked any questions? I've asked what my numbers mean and what I can do in a turn at least twice.
Answers are kinda spread out over the last 3 pages. Probably with quite a lot of repetition.

Anyway, the game is quite freeform, so I should be able to manage with whatever suggestions you can come up with.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 11, 2013, 02:40:46 pm »

I want an update....

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 11, 2013, 02:59:55 pm »

I want an update....
I'm working on it. Sadly, I decided to do the map first.

On the plus side, I got a rather nice pixel tree to use as logo for the order. ()

Edit:

Spoiler: Sneak peak(Very Large) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 03:40:11 pm by 10ebbor10 »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22