Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What empire do we play as?

GWG's Psychic mindcrabs (Mindstealing crablike beings)
- 5 (12.5%)
Jbg97's Proelium Empire of Cassigans. (Warlike humanoids)
- 6 (15%)
GotdamnMiracles Ajacet (Warlike, semisuicidal Insectoid race)
- 6 (15%)
SoHowAreyou's Obin (Cybernetic Technocracy)
- 7 (17.5%)
I'manelfColaborator Harbringers (Anthrompomorphic semitribal internally divided crows)
- 1 (2.5%)
Ardas United Earth federation
- 4 (10%)
Ukranian Ranger's Order of life (Human space hippy elves)
- 7 (17.5%)
Rolepgeek Unified societies (Pascifistic aquatic beings)
- 4 (10%)
Option I
- 0 (0%)
Option J
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: Galactic Machinations (Semi suggestion game). Space elves  (Read 25063 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Machinations (Looking for players. Empire submission closed)
« Reply #240 on: January 06, 2013, 10:24:03 pm »

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT FUCKING GAME WERE PLAYING ANYMORE.
We're stupid space elves who think that because life of some sort could hypothetically evolve on gas giants before the sun goes out, we can't "mine" Jupiter and the like, and who are darn near starving themselves because they won't farm planets. Apparently, hydroponic fungi in an orbital station around Mercury are scandalous!

Oh, and incidentally I decided on a motive for the Circles a while ago...just waiting to figure out what the numbers mean and such...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 06, 2013, 11:47:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Duke of Mars smiled ironically
"I am not a priest and have no desire to discuss theology but I can't resist to not comment one thing. Yes, humans leaving The Holy Terra equals to leaking it's life. Leaking it's resources. But it's not a steal. It a surgery. It's a removal of the cancer cells. We lost our right to live on Terra after what we did to her.
I am sure that technology will allow entire human race to live in ships, no matter how many centuries we'll need for that. That is the future

I have nothing more to say, except expressing my humble hope, that construction of the new Battlestar will get allowed by the Crown,  blessed by the Holy council and supported by guilds

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 07, 2013, 12:14:20 am »

((Oh, so we're going to die of starvation. Great. Or become cannibals.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 07, 2013, 01:08:51 am »

(What? Die of starvation? How? All systems except Sol are producing enough food. Even Sol problems aren't that big  as you claim

We have a well developed industry of food production, as long as we have energy and resources we will not starve... Resources are our problem, not food... )
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 07, 2013, 11:57:04 am »

wait, we dont even know our status is on supplies and other stuff.
You don't? Strange. It appears a part of the post got lost. I'll repeat the message, and get to fixing the stats. First of all, influence denotes the percentage of people/economic power/ military power that you can manipulate. It doesn't indicate the power you have by law, or at this very moment. If you were to declare a revolution, the percentage given is the amount of people that would try to follow you. (Note: Declaring a hopeless revolution will most likely kill your support.) As such, it's not noted in absolute numbers for most of the time.

Things you can do in the game are the discussions in this sort of proto King controlled Parliament.(Even nonplayers are welcome), any legal action following your functions, or "illegal" actions using influence. (Triggering strikes, embezelling money, staging protests, stuff like that.)

((Oh, so we're going to die of starvation. Great. Or become cannibals.))
3) It's acceptable to recycle any available organic material for more food. Including cannibalism
They are.

Besides, the food problems aren't that big. There's only a food problem in the sol system, which is partly mitigated by the illegal farming activity. On Earth, now, present day, 1.2 billion people suffer food problems. In the sol system, there's only an 8% food shortage. Which is pretty manageable.

Oh, and most importantly. The Order of life doesn't believe in the spreading of life throughrough the galaxy*, they believe that each planet is sacred, and should be left alone. More like some kind of Scientific contamination prevention protocol gone Rogue.

*At least, mainstream religion doesn't.

Edit: Also, don't be afraid to ask questions about the setting if you want to, or feel a bit lost. I know that the start of the game was more confusing than it could have been.
Edit 2: Stats fixed
Edit:3 Science note: Plants need sunlight, not heat to survive.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 03:57:13 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 07, 2013, 01:03:07 pm »

OOC: Any religion have debatable dogmas, heresies and schismatics.  I am upset that there are no purely religious faction (Or illegal farmers, or smugglers, or guild members, or other nobles... )

IMO making space based farms acceptable by the religion isn't hard to do. (especially if you will just gather dead bodies and not kill\harm for food)
I am not sure that such technology can produce more food then our generators. Farms need the same energy and resources to function. Farms main advantage - natural food is a luxurious meal in space. 100% sure that smuggling of that kind exist.
Attempt to colonize Venus will be met with huge resistance of my character, I think it's obvious why.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 07, 2013, 07:02:28 pm »

...when mining mars isn't?

My character has a grudge agaisnst Martians and Mars in general. Why? The war he was in was the fungal heresy crusades.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 08, 2013, 08:10:45 am »

What kind of players are you looking for?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 08, 2013, 09:32:54 am »

I don't know what 10ebbor10 wants, but I'd really like to see someone from that list
a) Ruler of Terra (Very important position)
b) Large smuggling ring  (Food, organic materials (wood\furs\leather\pets) , weapons for rebels, narcotics, immigrants. This world need smugglers)
c) Representative of any guild
d) High ranked priest (loyal or not)
e) Ruler of Virtue Battlestar (AC1-AC2 have two terrestrial planets, that's turn it into a very important region)

or combination of that

That if you are asking about major characters :) In fact this is the factions I considered.

And question to the GM - so what about dwarf planets\minor moons? Are those as protected as real planets? Maybe it's one of the debated dogmas in the religion?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 08, 2013, 11:52:48 am »

...when mining mars isn't?

My character has a grudge agaisnst Martians and Mars in general. Why? The war he was in was the fungal heresy crusades.
Mining Mars and Terra are problem points, because the colonies there predate the founding of the Order and the religion. The common opinion agrees with maintaining the current colonies, and slowly decreasing the amount of people, but there are others who either urge for a complete abandonment, or completion of the terraforming. For now, nothing is done, as nobody wishes to risk their head by speaking up for the colonization, and the more fundamentalistic priests realize that without the Martian and Terran resources the entire economy would crash.

I don't know what 10ebbor10 wants, but I'd really like to see someone from that list
a) Ruler of Terra (Very important position)
b) Large smuggling ring  (Food, organic materials (wood\furs\leather\pets) , weapons for rebels, narcotics, immigrants. This world need smugglers)
c) Representative of any guild
d) High ranked priest (loyal or not)
e) Ruler of Virtue Battlestar (AC1-AC2 have two terrestrial planets, that's turn it into a very important region)

or combination of that

That if you are asking about major characters :) In fact this is the factions I considered.

And question to the GM - so what about dwarf planets\minor moons? Are those as protected as real planets? Maybe it's one of the debated dogmas in the religion?

a)The rule of Terra, while being an influential position, is also a dangerous one.
b)Yup, would be nice, currently we only have rebels and pirates, but no real criminal activity
c-d-e) All fine. For e, the presence of planets isn't that important, as the order doesn't have any planet based activities. Also, terrestial means mostly/100% land, not Earthlike. (Just clarifications)

Oh, and the status of those dwarf planets/minor moons was purposly left vague.

On another note: So far, 

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 08, 2013, 12:35:21 pm »

Oh, so there are no known words with alien life? And only pirates found one?

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 08, 2013, 12:36:12 pm »

(( Well we found one that had some basic plant life and took it for ourselves. ))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 08, 2013, 12:47:38 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 08, 2013, 12:57:19 pm »

(( Ok then maybe my scouting will be lucky and discover alien life. That I can enslave or slaughter for materials. ))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 08, 2013, 10:15:43 pm »

((So...is it over? Also, a point. if 1.2 billion people now are having food issues, and only .8 billion in here, how come their population is decreasing, but in real life it's increasing? Did being in space kill people's sex drive?))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22