Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What empire do we play as?

GWG's Psychic mindcrabs (Mindstealing crablike beings)
- 5 (12.5%)
Jbg97's Proelium Empire of Cassigans. (Warlike humanoids)
- 6 (15%)
GotdamnMiracles Ajacet (Warlike, semisuicidal Insectoid race)
- 6 (15%)
SoHowAreyou's Obin (Cybernetic Technocracy)
- 7 (17.5%)
I'manelfColaborator Harbringers (Anthrompomorphic semitribal internally divided crows)
- 1 (2.5%)
Ardas United Earth federation
- 4 (10%)
Ukranian Ranger's Order of life (Human space hippy elves)
- 7 (17.5%)
Rolepgeek Unified societies (Pascifistic aquatic beings)
- 4 (10%)
Option I
- 0 (0%)
Option J
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: Galactic Machinations (Semi suggestion game). Space elves  (Read 24982 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Machinations (Looking for players. Empire submission closed)
« Reply #195 on: January 06, 2013, 04:09:33 am »

I think it'd be nice, rather than having to find a way to split a meager 158 million soldiers.
It's not a split... look at my Martian militia... In theory they should follow my orders. But if they like king more, they may follow his orders if he decide. Or they may like some rebellious count... Or clergy may rise rebellion against me if faithful militia members will view me as a heretic

They aren't split, they don't belong to different factions, they are influenced by different factions in a different way.

This game is not chess, no need to claim you pieces. Or add them to the  board

High Priest of Naval Arms or something like that. Probably has a place on the Theocratic Council
Your organization sound like a some kind of guild, opposed to the church. How can such an organization have a priest in the council? Well it's OK, if that is hidden info and he is infiltrated agent, but then we have not a guild but a secret order. Good luck hiding from inquisition and royal spies
And in any case, neither guild nor secret order can have a huge  standing army. Usually: soldiers spread among King's and other noblemen forces.

I got my stuff through theft, looting, donations by people in my faction, and rarely by buying them. Also, my entire faction hates what the empire has become, why would we listen to the king? "Sorry guys, i know you wanted to lead a massive uprising; but you're just not a nobleman or priest. Sorry."
"That's ok king, maybe later though."

Well, your faction is revolutionizers. If you have underground organization that is in hiding it's OK.
But: we stole  several battleships, millions of loyal and trained soldiers and weapons for them and now have an army comparable to the one that King has doesn't sound realistic at all.

Oh, ninjad by the GM.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 04:11:38 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 06, 2013, 04:15:34 am »

Meh, why did the derail end while I was asleep. :(

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 06, 2013, 04:55:27 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 06, 2013, 08:46:56 am »

Spoiler: Pirate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 08:48:51 am by mesor »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 06, 2013, 12:13:04 pm »

The different vehicles and troop types is mostly fluff, ebbor. So, if the king has 60%, my faction would maybe have...15 to 20% economic, 7-10% military, 5-7% popularity?

And no, they aren't a guild or a secret order, Ranger. They are a political party.

So, if 160 M soldiers is sixty percent, I'd probably have around 27 M or so, right? Or do you mean the king has 60% support of those 160 M?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 06, 2013, 12:24:23 pm »

(( Ok so we have a large pirate army, and 2 large military orders that want to change the entire species in different ways so far.
Why am I seeing a huge cluster fuck war coming very early in this game. ))
1 large military army. That other faction is a bunch of wusses.
Um, you're basically space elves. By definition, you are all wusses.
Ha ha.

High Priest of Naval Arms or something like that. Probably has a place on the Theocratic Council
Your organization sound like a some kind of guild, opposed to the church. How can such an organization have a priest in the council? Well it's OK, if that is hidden info and he is infiltrated agent, but then we have not a guild but a secret order. Good luck hiding from inquisition and royal spies
Or they invited the priest to join their council and he accepted.

-----

Spoiler: Major Character? (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 06, 2013, 12:40:35 pm »

The different vehicles and troop types is mostly fluff, ebbor. So, if the king has 60%, my faction would maybe have...15 to 20% economic, 7-10% military, 5-7% popularity?

And no, they aren't a guild or a secret order, Ranger. They are a political party.

So, if 160 M soldiers is sixty percent, I'd probably have around 27 M or so, right? Or do you mean the king has 60% support of those 160 M?
No. Not at all.  I have in total 3 times 40% to divide. I'm going for 6 major players, meaning at most 20% support divided over all 3 stats.

The King has 60% support of the army. Meaning, if all player factions should rebel, about 60% of the army should support it. The military statistic indicates support in the military, not the troops you lawfully control. No private armies. (No excessive private armies)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 06, 2013, 12:48:10 pm »

(( Unless your a pirate of course. ))

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 06, 2013, 12:50:43 pm »

Or, every player could just join together to form a massive alliance that steamrolls everyone else.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 06, 2013, 01:01:16 pm »

Or, every player could just join together to form a massive alliance that steamrolls everyone else.
Unlikely, considering that even if everyone joined in, you'd still be outnumbered 2 to 1 not counting Orbital defenses.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 06, 2013, 01:06:19 pm »

(( Plus I dunno about miracle but I doubt our pirate band would join you and the king could offer us a huge reward to help him. ))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 06, 2013, 01:10:41 pm »

Unlikely, considering that even if everyone joined in, you'd still be outnumbered 2 to 1 not counting Orbital defenses.
3:2; better odds, but not much.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 06, 2013, 01:29:40 pm »

We can of course, gain more support, which is kinda the point of the game...

Can I have 8% Eco support, 8% Mil. and 4% popularity then ebbor?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22