Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What empire do we play as?

GWG's Psychic mindcrabs (Mindstealing crablike beings)
- 5 (12.5%)
Jbg97's Proelium Empire of Cassigans. (Warlike humanoids)
- 6 (15%)
GotdamnMiracles Ajacet (Warlike, semisuicidal Insectoid race)
- 6 (15%)
SoHowAreyou's Obin (Cybernetic Technocracy)
- 7 (17.5%)
I'manelfColaborator Harbringers (Anthrompomorphic semitribal internally divided crows)
- 1 (2.5%)
Ardas United Earth federation
- 4 (10%)
Ukranian Ranger's Order of life (Human space hippy elves)
- 7 (17.5%)
Rolepgeek Unified societies (Pascifistic aquatic beings)
- 4 (10%)
Option I
- 0 (0%)
Option J
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Galactic Machinations (Semi suggestion game). Space elves  (Read 25029 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Machinations (Looking for players. Empire submission closed)
« Reply #180 on: January 05, 2013, 09:01:34 pm »

(( Not me, I made a minor character. But in terms of man power they did say they have a lot of support as well. So probably not that much difference.

I don't wanna run a faction I just wanna have my own little piece of a military to play with. ))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 05, 2013, 09:03:42 pm »

Yeah...no. We have scientists on our side, constantly inventing. It's gonna end up being a Skill + Tech vs. Numbers + Zeal thing isn't it? Because I have no doubt you guys are more zealous than us. But the tech gap will only increase as time goes on...

We have manpower, but not as much as them. We do have a lot of vehicles, and high tech ones as well, though. Wanna discuss the differences in our factions in a PM and then tell Ebbor, Jbg?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 05, 2013, 09:08:52 pm »

Yeah...no. We have scientists on our side, constantly inventing. It's gonna end up being a Skill + Tech vs. Numbers + Zeal thing isn't it? Because I have no doubt you guys are more zealous than us. But the tech gap will only increase as time goes on...

We have manpower, but not as much as them. We do have a lot of vehicles, and high tech ones as well, though. Wanna discuss the differences in our factions in a PM and then tell Ebbor, Jbg?
I think that I have a slightly smaller amount of scientists, but they are mostly militarily foucused (generally stopping at "this thing fires killy bity and doesn't explode, WEAPONS COVERED.") while yours are more focused on maximizing your efficiency. If you're gonna reply, let's carry this on in a PM.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 05, 2013, 09:13:54 pm »

Wheelin' and dealin' bitches. I am here to less up your days and hit and run. And since we are so far out I am hoping to be the first to make contact. I will make an alliance if it is something I can agree to. Let's make a deal.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 05, 2013, 09:57:11 pm »

HM, we should except a civil war or two. 

On other hand, as long as Vitality will remain loyal to the crown, I don't envy rebels... Battlestars filled with fanatics aren't something that you can joke with.

We have 2 major centers of power: Sol and Vitality... Considering that Terra is an importer of food, you may expect that many people want to revert to the older ways....
It's one thing to not eat plants\meat when you live in space and another when you live on planet with freely available food under your feet.

Terra independence movement would be fun to play, maybe I'll take that... but we have too many rebels and that's boring and kills the whole - develop the empire together part of the game
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 05, 2013, 10:04:09 pm »

Something for Ebbor:

Army Size:
Subpar: 80 million
Standard: 58 million
Veteran: 4 million
Hardened: 4 million
Elite: 8 million
Total: 154 million troops, unknown vehicles

Navy:
4 Fighter Wings
3 Interceptor Corvettes
2 Battlecruisers
80 Transport Corvettes
Total: 85 ships, 4 fighter wings.

A few questions. With the various factions now present, do we get a part of the existing military and economy, or will what we have add to it? And can we invent new things, like bomber wings and ground vehicles, ship types, etc. present, or do we have to invent them in game anew?

My faction isn't rebels. We're part of the empire...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 05, 2013, 11:07:20 pm »

Spoiler: major character (click to show/hide)

Made my character slightly stronger. To make sure he is major :)

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 02:22:24 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #187 on: January 06, 2013, 12:00:40 am »

Reserved for a minor character, will go up in 24 hours.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2013, 02:25:54 am »

So, if we are adding troops with our factions, me and Jbg, at least, have to come a proportions decision between our factions; I'm not sure if you'd be okay or what with the numbers. Make them smaller or larger as you like, after all; your game. Forgive me if I don't remember correctly or make some changes Jbg; I don't have the PM anymore, which is dumb. I do think some changes are needed, though, considering how much armored support a military today has...imagine how much it would in the future. I made similar changes to yours too, so you're still good. If you don't like it, I can always change it, and so can Ebbor.

I also did a lot of inventing and on the fly infantry and vehicle types...

Guardians of Hope:
Infantry Troops:
13 M Subpar; 4 M LI, 6 M SP, 3 CE
42(YES) M Standard; 16 M LI, 10 M HI, 8 M SP, 6 M CE, 2 M PA
20 M Veteran; 3 M LI, 4 M HI, 2 M SP, 2 M CE, 4 M PA, 4 M RC, 3 M ST,
11 M Hardened; 2 M PA, 3 M RC, 5 M ST, 2 M SF
3 M Elite; 2 M HA, 1 M SF
Total: 90 M; 23 M LI, 14 M HI, 16 M SP, 11 M CE, 8 M PA, 7 M RC, 8 M ST, 3 M SF, 2 M HA

Ground Vehicle Detachments:
5 M TK
8 M AR
24 M GT
3 M RV
5 M HT
8 M DT
3 M WK

Air Vehicle Detachments:
12 M FJ
8 M FB
6 M HB
6 M SJ
2 M GS
1 M CJ

Water Vehicle Detachments:
16 M PB
6 M DT
4 M SB
10 M FG
1 M CR
4 M BS
2 M WW
500K FF

Space Vehicles:
5 Fighter Wings
2 Bomber Wings
3 Frigates
5 Interceptor Corvettes
2 Destroyers
1 Battlecruiser

I will give Jbg's in the next post, unless he wants to.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 02:47:18 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 06, 2013, 02:43:27 am »

I really doubt that any faction should have fleet larger then the one controlled by the King............

Also, remember, that society is feudalistic, you need to be noblemen\highly ranked priest to have any right for your own navy.
Your order seem like heretic commoners. How did they get all those ships?

And finally: I suspect that we can't add IC, resources, food, techs,  armies and ships.  Else it would mean - more players signed = stronger empire.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2013, 02:45:49 am »

Homines Libertaris:
Infantry Troops:
270 M Subpar; 150 M LI, 90 M SP, 30 M CE
140 M Standard; 50 M LI, 40 M HI, 20 M SP, 10 M CE, 10 M RC, 10 M ST
50 M Veteran; 15 M LI, 10 M HI, 5 M PA, 5 M SP, 5 M RC, 10 M ST,
20 M Hardened; 5 M LI, 5 M HI, 3 M PA, 2 M SF, 2 M RC, 2 M ST, 1 M HA
4 M Elite; 1 M HA, 2 M SF, 1 M ST
Total: 484 M; 220 M LI, 55 M HI, 115 SP, 40 M CE, 17 M RC, 23 M ST, 8 M PA, 2 M HA, 4 M SF

Vehicle Detachments:
12 M TK
14 M AR
70 M GT
14 M RV
15 M HT
8 M DT
5 M WK

Air Vehicle Detachments:
18 M FJ
16 M FB
10 M HB
12 M SJ
1 M GS
40K CJ

Water Vehicle Detachments:
45 M PB
16 M DT
8 M SB
16 M FG
2 M CR
6 M BS
20K FF

Space Vehicles:
7 Fighter Wings
7 Bomber Wings
5 Frigates
8 Interceptors
3 Destroyers
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 06, 2013, 02:53:57 am »

I really doubt that any faction should have fleet larger then the one controlled by the King............

Also, remember, that society is feudalistic, you need to be noblemen\highly ranked priest to have any right for your own navy.

And finally: I suspect that we can't add IC, resources, food, techs,  armies and ships.  Else it would mean - more players signed = stronger empire.

I think it'd be nice, rather than having to find a way to split a meager 158 million soldiers.

We're military commanders backed by industries and scientists. Our leader is an admiral. I call the position...what was it again...High Priest of Naval Arms or something like that. Probably has a place on the Theocratic Council(ONE place on a thing of 24 people.)

Plus, they're loyal, and the factions(once there are factions, instead of rebels, then me) will likely be too busy bickering amongst themselves to pay attention to the king and work together...that's how fuedalism works. In times of need, the king pulls on his big boy britches and calls the nobles up, telling them it's time to fight. In return, nobles get king's protection from the giant army that gets collected(meaning giant army protects them), they get a share of the loot justfully earned spoils of war, and a plot of land they don't always have to fight for. The nobles often have a larger army than whatever the king's personal retinue. It's the part where they hate each other, and so even if a group gets together, all that groups' enemies will side with the king. Bye bye, group.

We can reduce it by a factor of ten, after all. Remove or add. It's preliminary. As for the abbreviations, I will get to that momentarily.(I know you didn't say it but you were thinking it.)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 06, 2013, 03:15:21 am »

And this makes a triple post. Oh well.
LI= Light Infantry; the typical idea of the 'take cover'  low armor and power, but agile and such.
HI=Heavy Infantry; rapid-fire railguns, anti-vehicle lasers, and traps, these are the defenders of fortresses and the slow, but powerful once set up troops.
SP= Support; Carrying ammo, medical supplies, or wounded soldiers, support give everyone else fighting the ability to keep fighting.
CE= Combat Engineers; Once you've taken the base, call in the engineers to fortify it, or blow enemy fortifications to all hell.
RC= Recon; Scouts, plain and simple.
ST= Shock Troops; These are the fast and hard-hitting troops, but they lack in sustained fights. They can blow holes in enemy lines though, and get behind or through formations.
PA= Power Armor; Lightning Bruisers, they can get in a lot of places fast, sometimes using jet packs, and deal a lot of damage. It's hard to hurt them without specialized weapons, a lucky shot, or very well aimed fire. If the suits go down, they do too though.
HA= Heavy Armor; Slow, but bring heavy weapons and heavy armor. Effectively super-armored Power Armor, and a lot less agile.
SF= Special Forces. What else need be said?

TK= Tanks and the like.
AR=Artillery; the long distance artillery strike type? That you never see but always seems to blow up everything around you without actually hitting?
GT= Ground Transports. Not all that useful, but not vulnerable to AA missiles either...
RV= Recon Vehicle. Fast scouts.
HT= Heavy Transport. They get the big guns out to the field, the heavy equipment.
DT= Drone transport. Of course we use drones. At least robots to do menial labor.
WK=Walkers. Vary in size and function, but tend to be powerful and tough, if slow. But they make up for it in agility.

FJ= Fighter Jets
FB=Fighter Bombers
HB= Heavy Bombers
SJ=Scout Jets
GS=Gunships; really big, really tough, really powerful.
CJ=Carrier Jets. They can transport huge amounts of just about anything across planets.

PB= Patrol Boats
DT=Destroyers
SB=Submarines
FG= Frigates
CR=Carriers
BS=Battleships
FF=Floating Fortresses. Exactly what they sound like.

God I'm tired...if any of this is stupid I apologize.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 06, 2013, 03:35:15 am »

I got my stuff through theft, looting, donations by people in my faction, and rarely by buying them. Also, my entire faction hates what the empire has become, why would we listen to the king? "Sorry guys, i know you wanted to lead a massive uprising; but you're just not a nobleman or priest. Sorry."
"That's ok king, maybe later though."
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 06, 2013, 04:03:57 am »

Just a general note. You're not going to start with more soldiers/fleets than the entire army.  Technically, you're part of it*. Stats aren't finished yet, so I can probably buff up military power quite a bit.
Also, I'm not going to keep track of 28 different types of soldiers/boats/vehicles. That won't even work for the combat system.

And yeah, the King's armies are his personnal armies. Not all those he has the right to call upon. Also, don't forget that the Vitality is indeed a fully functionall battleship.

*Except for the pirates, who start rebellious.

PN: Another note: The 40% economical/military/popular support that the King doesn't have are divided over the remaining factions.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22