Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Neverending Adventure: Dungeon Crawling Time!  (Read 6442 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Neverending Adventure: Dungeon Crawling Time!
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2013, 11:54:21 am »

Tin the Beardogs.

"It couldn't hurt to try something else first..."

Try using Guided Mutation to make Rik's leg less mangled.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2013, 12:42:43 pm »

Rika continues to ruefully wait for her leg to be corrected.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2013, 06:07:46 pm »

Go with the rest of the group.  I don't really have much to contribute, right now.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2013, 11:56:37 pm »

Samson suggested returning to town, while Litt made five Tins of Beardog.

"Hey, give me another chance. Can't make it worse, right?"

Litt once again used Guided Mutation. (16)
Rika's legbone shifted, taking the shape of a normal leg. However, the bone was still solid, unable to be bent. It was possible to walk with a limp.

"At least I can walk to town now."

---
Making a return through the town, you meet with a trader and the Mage's guild.

The trader offers you 150Sb for each Beardog pelt, and 2Gb (200Sb) for each tin.

The Mage's Guild offers to fix Rika's leg for 600Sb.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2013, 12:29:58 am »

(Unfortunately I don't have any money to pay for that, or anything, so it's filler action time. :P)

Rika decided to take the time everyone else was using to buy/sell loot and whatnot to get used to her new body and limp.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2013, 06:53:19 am »

"Shall we chip in?"
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2013, 10:24:55 am »

Hold on.
There were, what, 5 beardogs and a pelt and a tin from each? That's 5(200+150) or 1,750 silver. Put 550 towards fixing Rik and give each of us 200 silver and we're good.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2013, 02:36:13 pm »

Hold on.
There were, what, 5 beardogs and a pelt and a tin from each? That's 5(200+150) or 1,750 silver. Put 550 towards fixing Rik and give each of us 200 silver and we're good.
Who took the trouble to loot the bodies? I should get the proceeds from the pelts, after paying a portion to fix rik's leg. We need to figure a way to split loot. I think it should be by merit.

Merit Based (my ideal) system: I killed three beardogs, Nix killed one, and Litt killed 1. So I should get 450, Nix 150, and Litt 150 from the pelts. Litt tinned the beardogs so he should get 1/4 of the proceeds from those. So I get 450, Nix gets 150, and Litt gets 350.
Totals:
Samson: 900
Rik: 300
Litt: 500
Nix: 0

Finders Keepers method: I grabbed the pelts. Litt tinned. Therefore I get 750, and GWG gets 1000.
Totals:
Samson:750
Litt: 1000
Rik: 0

Barney/GWG's Method: We all share and pay an equal amount for Rik's medical care
Samson: 200
Rik: 200
Litt: 200
Nix: 200

However there's several other ways to pay for Rik's medical care
The Rich pay more method:
In the Merit method I made the most money. Since I gained an larger amount of money I should pay most of Rik's medical care. I pay 300, Litt pays 100, and Nix pays 50.
Totals:
Samson: 600
Rik: 250
Litt: 400
If I wanted to, I could give Rik a 100 in case he needed it.

The Fault method:
Gwg managed to botch a healing and make Rik's leg worse. Therefore most or all of the money should be paid by him. So if we used the finder's keepers method, the total after the medical bill would be. I caused a trap to injure nix so I'd pay him 150 or something like that because of that
Samson: 600
Litt: 450
Nix: 150
Rik: 0

In my opinion the best method would be a merit system with the Rich pay more method, where Gwg gives Rik some money to make for injuring him.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:54:18 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2013, 03:28:18 pm »

First off, I tinned the beardogs.

Second off, I also fixed (most of) the damage I did. If Rik wanted me to, I'd keep trying to fix it for free. I would be willing to foot part of the bill, however, even if Rik denies my offer.

Third off, your merit system is based on...who killed beardogs. It ignores the healers. Sucks to be them. It also ignores those who attacked but failed to kill.

In short, I fail to see why your ideas make sense.
Sig

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2013, 03:43:50 pm »

I also killed a beardog. AND I disarmed a trap at the start of the mine. So... not exactly as useless as you're trying to make me out to be, P13. :P Also I'd rather have GWG try one last time to fix my leg and then, if necessary, worry about paying someone else.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2013, 03:51:26 pm »

First off, I tinned the beardogs.

Second off, I also fixed (most of) the damage I did. If Rik wanted me to, I'd keep trying to fix it for free. I would be willing to foot part of the bill, however, even if Rik denies my offer.

Third off, your merit system is based on...who killed beardogs. It ignores the healers. Sucks to be them. It also ignores those who attacked but failed to kill.

In short, I fail to see why your ideas make sense.
First:
GreatWyrmGold- Litt the Naga Transmuter
Litt tinned the beardogs

Second: Agreed, I think the finders keepers system and the fault system are stupid, I was just throwing random systems besides the everyone gets a small portion system.

Third: The merit one is based on merit, therefore, who killed beardogs and did the work to get them in a sellable format are those who are rewarded. I agree that the merit system doesn't account for failed attacks or healing. However the healer (aka you) was the second-richest under the merit system. If you use that with the unequal distribution method, A lot of my money goes to those who didn't get any.

I was thinking up alternatives to the everyone splits the loot evenly system.

I also killed a beardog. AND I disarmed a trap at the start of the mine. So... not exactly as useless as you're trying to make me out to be, P13. :P Also I'd rather have GWG try one last time to fix my leg and then, if necessary, worry about paying someone else.
Whoops, sorry. I saw that as Nix earlier when I was reviewing, I'll fix that. I agree that my systems aren't perfect, none are, including the everyone splits equally one. I just thought things would be more interesting if we used a different system, even though that made me look like a money-grubbing swine.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2013, 03:56:03 pm »

Ayup, it sure did.

It's easiest just to divide it up equally. Lazy bums and dead weight can give up any magic items we find, run errands, and/or "search for" traps to make up for it.
Sig

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2013, 04:04:16 pm »

Ayup, it sure did.

It's easiest just to divide it up equally. Lazy bums and dead weight can give up any magic items we find, run errands, and/or "search for" traps to make up for it.
YOu know what, sure.

Follow GWG's plan. Look for a store selling a heavy cane.
Sigtext

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2013, 09:28:51 pm »

(1 vs 6)
The Wall of Text strikes the GM in the skull, breaking it open and ripping apart the brain!

The GM is dead!

I honestly have no idea what came to who in the math, but I'm assuming that everyone has 200Sb post-healing.

The Mages guild apply various apothecary treatments before mending the bone with a mix of time and change magics.
Rik's leg is fixed! It now works just like any other healthy Kobold's leg.

Everyone splits the gold equally after much deliberation. Everyone's loot-bag felt light, but none more light than another. One for all and all for one, the adventuring party rested up before they went back to where they were before.

The room appeared just like it did before- just, with five dead, scavenged beardog carcasses.

There were two obvious exits, to the left and right.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2013, 09:31:55 pm »

Rika looked around. "Should we split up? It'll be more dangerous, but we can cover more ground that way, and we DO have two healers," she said, looking at the left exit.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11