Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Neverending Adventure: Dungeon Crawling Time!  (Read 6427 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Neverending Adventure: Dungeon Crawling Time!
« on: January 01, 2013, 10:23:46 pm »

Classes:
Warrior: Uses any melee weapons, has 4HP. Special: When at 1HP, attacks autosucceed (dosen't mean they'll be useful)
Archer: Uses ranged weapons, 3HP. All types of bows, flintlock pistols and rifles, and slings. Special: Can detect traps much easier (+5 to d20)
Mage: Uses magic weapons such as tomes or staves, 2HP. Special: May be alerted to dangers behind doors or around corners by a sixth sense.

Races:
Human: No bonuses, no flaws.
Elf: Pointy-eared humans with longer lifespans.
Dwarf: +2 to searching floors and walls, -2 to floor trap avoidance. Dwarves are an intelligent, stout race known for their engineering and their beards. They're experts at finding things hidden in walls and floors, but stall when a trap hits from below due to their instinct screaming "earthquake."
Naga: +2 to dodging, -2 to navigating tight terrain. Naga are proud yet friendly half-serpent half-man hybrids. They're very agile, but they're large size makes it difficult to squeeze through some dungeons.
Kobold: +2 to theft, using devices/mechanisms, -2 to offensive actions (d20 only). Kobold are small, human-like creatures with a knack for theft but little natural ability to fight. There have been great Kobold adventurers before, and it seems that one in particular is the stuff of legend in their culture. Deebus, I think?
Custom: Suggest one of your own. The specials should be as non-combat as possible, as that will involve a d6. Kobolds -2 to offensive dosen't affect regular combat, only that which needs a d20.

Starting a character is easy.

Name, class, race, starting weapon, starting armor.

Name:
Class:
Race:
Weapon: (Can be anything so long as it fits your class and dosen't have any special rules tied to it- a plastic sword and a mithril one work the same- but no "more damage vs undead" or "glows when near X" or any of that.
Armor: (Armor does basically nothing, at least, starting armor dosen't. Try to make your choice fit that. Buying armor will get you the better stuff- resist damage, elemental protection, etc.)

You'll all start with 1000 silver bits- equal to 100 gold bits or 10000 copper bits. Silver is the most common pricing.

---
Town 1: T'oix
Dungeon 1: T'oix Abandoned Mines

---
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Neverending Adventure: Dungeon Crawling Time!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 10:24:06 pm »

INGAME
NRDL-Nix the Human Mage
SeriousConcentrate- Gorrikakki (Rik) the Kobold Archer
GreatWyrmGold- Litt the Naga Transmuter
Persus- Looter Samson the Human Archer
WAITLIST
Wwolin- Begoru the Human Warrior
Spoiler: scrapheap-ASH (click to show/hide)
RETIRED
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:32:55 am by Tsuchigumo550 »
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 10:25:02 pm »

Name: Nix
Class: Mage
Race: Human
Weapon: Oaken staff
Armor: Black robes
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 10:27:00 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 10:25:26 pm »

Name: Gorrikakki (Rik for short)
Class: Archer
Race: Kobold
Weapon: Dog-leather sling and rocks
Armor: Suit of furred leather armor (made from a bear)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 10:36:42 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 10:44:19 pm »

Spoiler: Ideally... (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Otherwise... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 11:12:09 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 10:57:32 pm »

Name: Looter Samson
Class: Archer
Weapon: crossbow
Armor: bottlecap chainmail
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 10:59:59 pm »

Name: Begoru
Class: Warrior
Weapon: A big pointy rock, about the size of a stool
Armor: Bone armor, with multicolored warpaint
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 11:12:15 pm »

Town 1: T'oix

Interesting Places:
-"Shy Goddess Tavern"

-Bazaar
-"Apothicaring" Potion Shop
Run by a large, nervous, brown-and black pattern female Naga who speaks softly
Ruby Red Potion (1pt Healing) 150Sb
Fizzling Ruby Red Potion (2pt Healing) 300Sb
Murky White Potion (Potion of Purging) 600Sb
Sparkling Blue Potion (Potion of Temporary Strength) 300Sb
Swirled Clear and Green Potion (Potion of Enhance Senses) 500Sb

-"Ad Infinitum" Mage Shop
Run by a large, muscular human male who is obnoxiously loud
Blood-Red Tome (Fireball, Vampiric Aura) 300Sb
Old, White Leather Tome (Heal Minor Wounds, Lightning Bolt, Magic Lantern) 450Sb
Yellow-stained Leather Tome (Magic Missile, Angry Sparks) 400Sb

Redwood Staff (Erode) 400Sb

-Mine Entrance

Interesting Events:
N/A

T'oix is a small town formed at the edge of an old mining boom. When the ore dried up so did the work, causing few people to live in T'oix anymore. The few that do live here make their living from travellers, who come to rest or prepare for a trek over the mountains to the next town. The people of T'oix know the mineshaft would make a quicker route and make more people travel through the area, but have failed to get any work done doe to the creatures now inhabiting the mineshafts. Adventurers have went in, and different ones have come out. Some live, some don't. The people of T'oix are used to the ebb and flow of adventurers coming through their town.

---
Shops in the Bazaar:
Scrolls Stall
Run by a short, nervous human woman with a limp.
Scroll of Identification 200Sb
Scroll of Detect Traps 200Sb
Scroll of Detect Monster 200Sb
Scroll of Levitation 350Sb
Wand of Magic Missile 560Sb

Exotic Weapons/Armors
Run by an angry-looking elven man with a facial scar.
Blowgun 200Sb
50 Darts 100Sb
50 Poison Darts 250Sb
Tribal Dagger 400Sb (A label reads: Ancient dagger imbued with symbols indicating a god of fire.)
Gold-hilt Rapier 600Sb (There's no label, and you can't distinctly see anything about the blade. The shopkeeper says "it's magical, but I don't know what it does other than stab".)
Smoke Charge 50Sb: If it hits an object with enough force, a good amount of smoke pours out. Only really good for blocking line of sight.
Red Coral Flintlock 600Sb (It has a label: It has enhanced magic circles running shot, ignition, and powders, so that you can fire very quickly.)
Blue-wood Bow 300Sb (It's labeled "Has something to do with race. Dosen't work with me, so humans don't activate it.)

General Goods
Run by a slightly overweight, loud human woman who talks in a strange accent.
Compact Ladder 300Sb
10ft of Rope 30Sb per
Magic Rope (40ft) 800Sb
Magic Rope (20ft) 400Sb

Pastries, Rations
Run by a cheerful female elf who makes wild gestures and a tall, pessimistic male elf
Tinning Kit 400Sb
Skinning Knife 120Sb
Angel's Cake 100Sb/slice (Restores 1 HP)

Salves, Balms, Bandages
Run by a somewhat petite female naga with white scales and a chronic sneeze
Burn Relief Salve 50Sb
Anti-venom Balm 300Sb
Wound-sealing Balm 200Sb
Bandage Roll 80Sb/unit

Holy Water, Maps, Exotic Animal Parts
Run by a drunken, male dwarf with a beard to make anyone envious.
Holy Water Vial 100Sb
Basic Mineshaft map 800Sb
Alchemical Kit 600Sb
Green Crab Claw 100Sb
Large Talon 200Sb
Ox Blood 200Sb
Naga Venom 350Sb
Naga Scale 200Sb

---

GWG, that's fine. If you want a certian spell at start, Wizards, tell me. Dosen't have to be a D&D spell, just tell me what it does. I can do Wild Magic too. And feel free to call your classes whatever, just so long as I know what you are.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 11:13:23 pm »

Polymorph Any Object OK?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 11:16:24 pm »

Err... That's a bit powerful, but not too much so. Know that it will have a pretty good chance of not going exactly the way you want it and it only goes for objects, and I'll take it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 11:17:21 pm »

Buy 2 Smoke Charges and the Tribal Dagger. Inquire about crossbow bolts.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 11:21:30 pm »

Err... That's a bit powerful, but not too much so. Know that it will have a pretty good chance of not going exactly the way you want it and it only goes for objects, and I'll take it.
Seeing as I wasn't serious, nah.

How about a simple shapeshifting spell? I can turn any creature into any similarly-formed creature of about the same size (human->other humanoid, bird->rat, guppy->tadpole, lion->bear, stuff like that), although it doesn't affect the mind. Call it Alter Creature.
Sig

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 11:22:58 pm »

Hmm. Would a Spell of Guided Mutation work? You could imagine an octopus, or tentacles, and point at a cat, and suddenly, cathulu the amphibious, meowing horror.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 11:24:04 pm »

Hmm. Would a Spell of Guided Mutation work? You could imagine an octopus, or tentacles, and point at a cat, and suddenly, cathulu the amphibious, meowing horror.
Works for me, assuming that better-than-halfway results are possible. Doesn't need to be definite, but if I try to turn a cat into an octopus I'd like a chance of turning it into an octopus.
Sig

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2013, 11:25:44 pm »

(Is there no ammo for sale other than darts/poison darts? Or are we assumed to have infinite generic ammo? Just asking because I'm considering that flintlock.)

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11