Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Neverending Adventure: Dungeon Crawling Time!  (Read 6429 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Neverending Adventure: Dungeon Crawling Time!
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 11:28:11 pm »

Also, if mages don't give me a starting spell, I'm going to pick something useful for offense as the basic setup- like Magic Missile or Fireball. NRDL, I'm basically going to hand you a free Black Spear (basic-level Dark offense spell) unless you want something different.

And yes, that'd be possible, because it's a cat. Go against something larger, like the size of a human, and it might take two to three casts, and a huge dragon would eat you before you were done.

Flintlocks and bows have no ammo, for the sake of convienence and flintlocks are fueled by magic. Magic circles are struck with a mana-imbued stone to form a lump of metal in front of some powder then ignite it. Arrows... ate infinite.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 11:34:28 pm »

(OK, thanks. ^^^)

Gorrikakki bought the Red Coral Flintlock (600 Sb), then 40 ft of rope (120 Sb), a skinning knife (120 sb), and two rolls of bandages (160 Sb). His wallet now thoroughly cleaned out, the kobold put his hood up and scouted around town to see if anyone knew anything about the mine.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 11:38:57 pm »

I'll get the blood red tome and the Old, white leather tome.

Do I get all the spells? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 11:43:18 pm »

You can hold at best two weapons at once, and the spells are bound to the books. You could dual-weild the books if you wanted to, but you'd lose the Black Spear on your starting staff.

Gorrikakki is ready.
The Red Coral Flintlock is sold out.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 11:49:24 pm »

Oh.  Okay. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 11:55:07 pm »

There are ways to learn spells, and it's through the weapons. You'll be able to use everything by the time you get out of the first dungeon, assuming you live.

The only reason tomes exist compared to staves is simple- use a tome enough times and the spell becomes something you learn. Staves are impossible to learn from.

I know that a lot of this is sort of hidden knowledge, but that's because I didn't really plan for a lot of this myself. I see how the entire mage class wasn't complete and Now I'm catching up as quick as I can.

TL;DR: Use a tome enough times and you won't need it anymore. Use a stave enough times and you know what it does. Use a wand enough times and it stops working.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 12:07:38 am »

How is magic rope better than normal rope?
Are scrolls one-time deals or what?
How do tinning kits work? Use it to turn corpses into tinned meat, a la Nethack?
Similarly, are its tins finite?
How do those healing items work?
Where did the dwarf get that naga venom and scale?
Can I secrete venom for my own use?
What good are the dwarf's items? Aside from the venom, map, and holy water, those seem self-explanatory.
How fine of control can I get with my Guided Mutation?
How is a mineshaft useful as a shortcut?

Sorry for all the questions.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 12:16:03 am »

Ok.  So I buy both tomes.  I can just switch them depending on the need. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 12:48:48 am »

(I can answer the mineshaft one easy. Instead of having to go around or over a mountain, the mineshaft would allow travelers to cut through the middle. This would make travel times shorter and presumably safer, and increase the town's revenue because people would pass through it more. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 12:52:23 am »

I expect questions, and they'll come up anyway. Feel free.

How is magic rope better than normal rope?
Magic rope can tie itself from afar, slither along a passage, and nicely get thrown and latch on to things so you can swing from them.
Are scrolls one-time deals or what?
Scrolls are one-time use.
How do tinning kits work? Use it to turn corpses into tinned meat, a la Nethack?
Yes. Food in this game restores health, which makes a tinning kit very useful.
Similarly, are its tins finite?
Again, yeah. One tin is worth one or two HP depending on what's in it.
How do those healing items work?
Status effects, like Burn, cause most rolls to have a negative modifier. This will only last so long, but the salve will clear it up instantly.
Where did the dwarf get that naga venom and scale?
You don't want to know.
Can I secrete venom for my own use?
Yes. It's not the most potent stuff on the earth, but it's helpful.
What good are the dwarf's items? Aside from the venom, map, and holy water, those seem self-explanatory.
They aren't. They won't be for a while, as they're potion ingredients. You need recipes.
How fine of control can I get with my Guided Mutation?
Very fine. You think "yellow spotted octopus", the target gets much closer to being just that.
How is a mineshaft useful as a shortcut?
Plot magic. Imagine the vein was... straight.
What SeriousConcentrate said.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 03:42:47 am »

Stupid question here, do I post an action, or is buying the books already counted as an action? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 04:02:06 am »

Name: ASH
Class: Warrior
Race: Robot(+2 to mechanisms/devices -2 to stealth)
Weapon: Uprooted tree.
Armor: Metal alloy.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2013, 09:33:00 am »

Not that this will impact my purchasing choices, but what I meant about the tins question was if the tins to a tinning kit were finite or if I didn't have to buy a new one every 50-100 tins.

Heading to Ad Infinitum, Litt will purchase an old, white leather tome and bid the shopkeep good day.
Heading to the baazar, he will purchase a tinning kit and a skinning knife before politely saying adieu to the elves.
His coin is nearly spent; he has but 30 bits left. Silently cursing inflation, he heads to the Salves, Balms, and Bandages shops and starts talking with the shopkeeper there.

"Hello. How are you today?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 08:18:34 pm »

Buying the books is fine. When everyone is done, you'll all automatically enter the dungeon.

I'm doing well enough, consideri- a- ACHOO!
Sorry. Life advice, don't date a mage with a jealous streak. They'll... excuse me. ACHOO!
Like I was saying, sometimes a miscast spell... lasts a while.
Is there anything you'd a- ah... like?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2013, 08:22:08 pm »

"Not right now. I'm a bit short on cash. However..."

Use Guided Mutation to turn the shopkeeper more like a healthy naga who is otherwise the same.
Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11