Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Neverending Adventure: Dungeon Crawling Time!  (Read 6423 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Neverending Adventure: Dungeon Crawling Time!
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2013, 08:45:55 pm »

Damn it. Only one thing to do...SOMETHING DANGEROUS!

Use Guided Mutation on myself to make my head more like a bat's. Make a mental note to pick up more transmution spells soon.
You do realize that you could very well make your head EXPLODE, correct? My god. It's like watching someone have to pick a pit to stand over- one filled with knives and explosives and the other pillows stuffed with 100$ bills.
I assume that whatever happens to my head will at least be bat-related.
Yeah. If you get a one and I haven't thought anything else up, you'll get the ears x100, causing the sound to blow your brains out.
Well, here's how I'd do it:
1--You get a bunch of random bat traits, like an arm going part-wing or a patch of fur.
2--Almost/Nothing.
3--Batlike ears and fangs
4--Full-out sonar package
5--Head turns into a bat's head
6--Head and possibly upper body turn into most of a bat.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2013, 10:50:05 pm »

1s- generally attempt to kill you in some way, shape, or form. Not always successful, depends on how wrong the situation already is.
2s- Generally not lethal so long as the roller is the only one involved. Again, can be deadly if things are fucked up enough to start with.
3s- Very very rarely lethal. More often than not, it helps you more than it could hurt.
4s- Generally, what you went for had the intended effect.
5s- Not only does it accomplish it's task but it does it with a smile.
6s- It fixes the problem and opens a portal to Cthulu-Land.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2013, 10:51:32 pm »

"Alright.  Let's go check them."

Check the other rocks, also, analyze what properties the illusion rocks might have, and how I can use them.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2013, 11:16:55 pm »

1s- generally attempt to kill you in some way, shape, or form. Not always successful, depends on how wrong the situation already is.
2s- Generally not lethal so long as the roller is the only one involved. Again, can be deadly if things are fucked up enough to start with.
3s- Very very rarely lethal. More often than not, it helps you more than it could hurt.
4s- Generally, what you went for had the intended effect.
5s- Not only does it accomplish it's task but it does it with a smile.
6s- It fixes the problem and opens a portal to Cthulu-Land.
That's one way to use it. Not how I do it, but some do just that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2013, 01:51:16 am »

Waitlist.

Argh.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((The waitlist is filled with warriors >_<))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2013, 03:14:23 am »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2013, 12:22:20 pm »

oh dear god why didn't this show up in my updated topics until now aaaaaaaaaaa-

yes, waitlist is updated just not on the fourm let me get to that

Nix and Rika looked at the other stones. One other had a rune, but it was slashed through and inactive, and the rest were rocks. One was grey, one was darker grey, and then there was one that was kind of brown, and...

Nix examined the broken runed stone, but couldn't find any use for it.

Meanwhile, Litt continued to mutate anything around him that breathed- being, himself, as everything else was dead, or a fungus.
Attempting to make his head more like a bat's...
(3)
for the most part, he succeeded. His ears shifted from humanlike to batlike, growing large and thin. They could pass for elfish if they were somewhat thinner and pointing out instead of up.
Litt's vision faded further, the only remaining part of "sight" was a small pinprick of grey, blurry sight. However, Litt gained the ability to echolocate, allowing him to "see" so long as he could hear. His mind didn't adapt so well to it, however, only allowing him to "see" about half as far as he used to.

Note that you must return to town to preform town based actions such as gain new players, sell things, get professional healing, and anything else a town provides.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2013, 04:34:51 pm »

This will work until I can try to fix my head.

Tin everything dead.
Sig

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2013, 11:16:05 pm »

Keep moving forward.  Cautiously.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2013, 02:21:17 am »

Rika follows, keeping Nix covered.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2013, 05:08:23 pm »

Litt, finally finding the dead, mostly regular spider, breaks off two large hunks of it's chitin. It's impossible to tin the strange meat.

I assume that by forward you mean deeper into the dungeon.

Scouting the next room, you find a very small 5x5 room with no obvious exits. There's a small notch in the wall, but there dosen't seem to be anything that would fit it. It dosen't really seem to be that much, but who knows?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2013, 06:44:12 pm »

Locate...well, anyone.
Sig

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2013, 06:45:25 pm »

Rika examined the notch in more detail.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2013, 07:27:23 pm »

Rika examined the notch in more detail.
Can you guys just head back to the town? I want the waitlist to advance.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2013, 07:34:06 pm »

(I tried to check the way back last turn but I got a description of the stones we had and nothing about whether or not we could leave, so don't blame me. :P GWG can get back to town with no impediments, so you should bug him to go back and get a partner. :3)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11