Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1067 1068 [1069] 1070 1071 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1864733 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #16020 on: February 24, 2015, 12:00:11 pm »

Funnier if he gets all the way to the sign, reads it, and then gets to second guess every step he made to get there.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16021 on: February 24, 2015, 12:19:34 pm »

Funnier if he gets all the way to the sign, reads it, and then gets to second guess every step he made to get there.

But explosions! How can it be fun !!FUN!! if there's nothing blowing up?
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16022 on: February 24, 2015, 12:22:24 pm »

Because think of getting all the way to the sign, not really thinking about where you were stepping and not really being able to see it clearly anyway, getting to the sign and then realizing exactly how lucky you were and knowing that you are going to have to backtrack over those steps you weren't paying attention to exactly, if you don't want to risk becoming rain.

Hint: There's very likely an explosion happening anyway.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16023 on: February 24, 2015, 12:27:07 pm »

Because think of getting all the way to the sign, not really thinking about where you were stepping and not really being able to see it clearly anyway, getting to the sign and then realizing exactly how lucky you were and knowing that you are going to have to backtrack over those steps you weren't paying attention to exactly, if you don't want to risk becoming rain.

Hint: There's very likely an explosion happening anyway.

I misunderstood your first reply. I thought you meant that he would manage to get out successfully. Sometime it's annoying to be french on the internet.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16024 on: February 24, 2015, 01:08:36 pm »

All good friend, only french I know is Omelette du (au?) Fromage.  If I went to a french forum I would be lost.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:12:56 pm by Greiger »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16025 on: February 24, 2015, 01:27:56 pm »

All good friend, only french I know is Omelette du (au?) Fromage.  If I went to a french forum I would be lost.

Yeah. I'm usually good enough to speak and understand English properly but sometimes I get sentence structure wrong or misunderstand the meaning.

(And it would be either Omelette au Fromage or Omelette de Fromage, both of these would be valid.)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16026 on: February 24, 2015, 03:42:55 pm »

Yeah. I'm usually good enough to speak and understand English properly but sometimes I get sentence structure wrong or misunderstand the meaning.

(And it would be either Omelette au Fromage or Omelette de Fromage, both of these would be valid.)
To be fair, Omelette de Fromage is the answer to all the worlds problems, except how to get into your laboratory.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16027 on: February 24, 2015, 05:29:03 pm »

To be fair, Omelette de Fromage is the answer to all the worlds problems, except how to get into your laboratory.
OK dexters.
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16028 on: February 24, 2015, 05:48:54 pm »

Is it possible to open the large gas tanks at automated gas stations? I tried a crowbar, hacksaw, screwdriver, acetylene torch, and hacking at it with my katana, all to no avail. In the end I just went hunting through the city and hoarded cash cards, then stole a whiskey keg from a liquor store and filled that up with gas. I nearly broke my spine on the way out and I had to snort meth to do it, but it was totally worth it.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #16029 on: February 24, 2015, 05:53:11 pm »

Here's an idea - an improvised network that one could access if one had really good computer skills, where one could talk to NPC's and get information (and maybe proper help, too). I know there are already radios, but I was thinking something kinda like the early internet, especially as depicted in cyberpunk.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16030 on: February 24, 2015, 06:01:35 pm »

Is it possible to open the large gas tanks at automated gas stations? I tried a crowbar, hacksaw, screwdriver, acetylene torch, and hacking at it with my katana, all to no avail.

This sounds like a shortcut to the Darwin awards.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16031 on: February 24, 2015, 06:12:34 pm »

Is it possible to open the large gas tanks at automated gas stations? I tried a crowbar, hacksaw, screwdriver, acetylene torch, and hacking at it with my katana, all to no avail.

Cataclysm is one giant Darwin Awards competition, where all the survivors compete to see who can die in the most spectacular ways. From the survivors that sprint into a big city firing their shotgun in random directions to the hardened trackers that stand in front of shotguns while they carefully untie the booby trap string, the future is truly a model case of human natural selection. Darwin would be glad.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16032 on: February 24, 2015, 06:19:03 pm »

And, hopefully soon, the guys who walk into the middle of a minefield to read the sign that says they're standing in the middle of a minefield.
Nothing important here, move along.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #16033 on: February 24, 2015, 06:24:35 pm »

survivors that sprint into a big city firing their shotgun in random directions
Hey, I can actually pull that off and live. You just need to know when to fold 'em.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16034 on: February 24, 2015, 06:32:08 pm »

I recently decided to use the local police station as a last stand against an entire city's worth of zombies, including three brutes, a shocker brute and a hulk. Three characters and about ten metric tons of tainted meat later I realized that each street have as much zombies as I killed. I'm currently recovering in a house, with at least 50 zeds trying to break through a gun store just far enough so that they don't notice me. This game is definitively FUN.

Also, molotovs are awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 1067 1068 [1069] 1070 1071 ... 1086