Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 [1053] 1054 1055 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1864202 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #15780 on: February 08, 2015, 11:59:59 pm »

It wouldent work, the game says that each level its own map.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #15781 on: February 09, 2015, 12:03:15 am »

But supposing I were going to rewrite the game as much as ecessary, what kind of z-level stuff are we talking about?
*Follows link*

Fascinating.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #15782 on: February 09, 2015, 12:16:16 pm »

DF would not work. The Z-level works directly with the physics engine. Cata doesn't run on a physics engine.
You young whippersnapper. I remeber back in the days when things flew in straight lines in DF too, and hitting people out over a cliff would make them fly straight out before falling straight down!

That said yeah, it's gonna take some rewriting to be added.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15783 on: February 10, 2015, 12:44:26 pm »

So, I beat a Mi-go with a katana until it had only the last bar of HP. Now it is listed as "tracking", is not hostile, and is not leaving. He doesn't seem to react at me at all, even when I stand adjacent to it.

I even waited a lot near him, and he said:

"How long have you been here?"

I love this game.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15784 on: February 11, 2015, 12:56:45 am »

Well clearly he prescribes to the gentleman's code of conduct for combat. You soundly bested him in single combat, therefore it is only proper to concede defeat and surrender.

Rather dapper of him I say, for an antediluvian horror such as himself.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15785 on: February 11, 2015, 01:33:50 am »

So, I beat a Mi-go with a katana until it had only the last bar of HP. Now it is listed as "tracking", is not hostile, and is not leaving. He doesn't seem to react at me at all, even when I stand adjacent to it.

I love this game.

You beat most of the memories out of it and now it's senile.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15786 on: February 12, 2015, 08:58:15 am »

I love this game.

You beat most of the memories out of it and now it's senile.

Or, it's tired of waiting, wondering whether you're going to finally strike or gtfo.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15787 on: February 12, 2015, 03:58:07 pm »

I accidentally deleted a world I really wanted to keep. Is there any way to recover it?
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15788 on: February 12, 2015, 04:02:09 pm »

Data is stored magnetically, so if you rub a magnet over your hard drive it might pull the data back from deletion.

Note: Do not actually do this.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15789 on: February 12, 2015, 04:09:10 pm »

Data is stored magnetically, so if you rub a magnet over your hard drive it might pull the data back from deletion.

Note: Do not actually do this.

Very funny -_-.
I know dead characters are moved to the graveyard file. I want to know if the same happens to worlds.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15790 on: February 12, 2015, 04:56:39 pm »

I think worlds are literally deleted if you dont uncheck the right setting in the options menu. Only way to possibly recover it would be to run one of those file recovering programs that browses your computer's memory for fragments of recently deleted files and can recover them. Or if you just deleted it, maybe doing a system restore to a recent restore point? Idk, seems like a lot for just a cataclysm world file.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:59:08 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15791 on: February 12, 2015, 05:15:46 pm »

I think worlds are literally deleted if you dont uncheck the right setting in the options menu. Only way to possibly recover it would be to run one of those file recovering programs that browses your computer's memory for fragments of recently deleted files and can recover them. Or if you just deleted it, maybe doing a system restore to a recent restore point? Idk, seems like a lot for just a cataclysm world file.

I accidentally said yes when I was asked if I wanted to delete it after dying. Anyways, I already started a new world. Thanks for the help.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15792 on: February 12, 2015, 07:47:01 pm »

It could be possible using a data recovery program, since most of the time emphasis on *most*, program simply delete index information but the data is still on the hard drive ( wich is why most of the time deleting gigs of data takes only a few seconds and complete format takes hours ). But even if you do manage to recover the data you might experience dataloss or corruption, since it take only one write to where the data was previously store to corrupt a file.

Using such program can be a pain in the ass but learnig how to use them can be a very good tool in your arsenal, never knows when you delete something by mistake.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 07:48:39 pm by jocan2003 »
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15793 on: February 13, 2015, 01:54:59 pm »

So, what's the deal with the common cold? My character has spent most of his existence with one. In fact, it recovered from one recently, only to fall into another in less than an hour, which was spent unloading a charcoal kiln (and doing other minor asks), inside, in summer.

Is it supposed to be so common? I've been eating only vegetables and fruit, with the occassional cooked meat.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15794 on: February 13, 2015, 02:38:20 pm »

So, what's the deal with the common cold? My character has spent most of his existence with one. In fact, it recovered from one recently, only to fall into another in less than an hour, which was spent unloading a charcoal kiln (and doing other minor asks), inside, in summer.

Is it supposed to be so common? I've been eating only vegetables and fruit, with the occassional cooked meat.

Sounds like you're having terrible luck. From what I understand, you have a random chance to get the cold or the flu, which is affected by your hidden "health" stat. Eating junk food or doing drugs will lower it, increasing the chances to get ill, while taking vitamins everyday will increase your stat.

I have a question too, What's so bad with fungal blooms? From my experience they are just a free source of marloss berries. Is there anything I'm not aware of about them?
Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 [1053] 1054 1055 ... 1086