Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1864050 times)

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #15720 on: January 28, 2015, 01:25:55 am »

No no, the point was, its impossible to wear a mask 24/7, ergo gas masks and such wouldn't really protect against colds and such, so I think that feature was quietly changed.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #15721 on: January 28, 2015, 01:27:59 am »

Filter masks are (unless significantly changed from their .9 incarnations) pretty much intended to counter fungus and any other less threatening airborne problems.
The cold/flu on the other hand, is (IIRC) purely a function of your (hidden) Health value vs a random chance, and unrelated to any specific vector of infection.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15722 on: January 28, 2015, 10:00:15 pm »

After learning tons of cooking and working on getting an alpha serum recipe going, I have everything I need to make a single serum of the damn thing EXCEPT for the plant mutagen, which requires tainted veggy. Triffids seem very rare in the world I'm currently playing on, so I'm just wandering around forests hoping a vine beast will attack me.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15723 on: January 28, 2015, 10:08:29 pm »

After learning tons of cooking and working on getting an alpha serum recipe going, I have everything I need to make a single serum of the damn thing EXCEPT for the plant mutagen, which requires tainted veggy.

You can also get tainted veggy from butchering a Fungaloid.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #15724 on: January 28, 2015, 10:09:21 pm »

Cold and flu's will currently be stopped by enough mouth protection. Specifically when it goes to make a flu/cold infection check (as in it already passed the health checks and whatnot) it rolls 3d3 against Xd3 where X is the amount of environmental protection present on the body part (in this case your mouth). If the 3d3 roll is greater than the Xd3 roll you become infected, else it doesn't infect you that time.

Also query on the latest C:DDA, are there any random crashes like before (which sometimes come out of nowhere?) ._. or, common crashes anyway? Just curious about it, though I love how its developed.
Generally we've locked down on the majority of them. That said we're currently experiencing a tiny bit more then usual due to the recent monster faction stuff causing some problems. We're usually really quick about locking down any of the more serious crashes though, and most of the things that used to cause the "random" crashes in the past have already been fixed.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:11:44 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #15725 on: January 28, 2015, 10:13:37 pm »

Cold and flu's will currently be stopped by enough mouth protection. Specifically when it goes to make a flu/cold infection check (as in it already passed the health checks and whatnot) it rolls 3d3 against Xd3 where X is the amount of environmental protection present on the body part (in this case your mouth). If the 3d3 roll is greater than the Xd3 roll you become infected, else it doesn't infect you that time.
Nine environmental protection saves you from sickness?

Cool.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15726 on: January 28, 2015, 10:19:10 pm »

After learning tons of cooking and working on getting an alpha serum recipe going, I have everything I need to make a single serum of the damn thing EXCEPT for the plant mutagen, which requires tainted veggy.

You can also get tainted veggy from butchering a Fungaloid.

Don't even bother with tainted veggies, you can use datura seeds instead and they can easily be obtained from flower picking.
(Also triffids don't drop tainted veggies, they drop plant marrow.)
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #15727 on: January 28, 2015, 10:22:31 pm »

Generally we've locked down on the majority of them. That said we're currently experiencing a tiny bit more then usual due to the recent monster faction stuff causing some problems. We're usually really quick about locking down any of the more serious crashes though, and most of the things that used to cause the "random" crashes in the past have already been fixed.
That said we're currently experiencing a tiny bit more then usual due to the recent monster faction stuff causing some problems.
\
!!!monster factions!!!
:D :D :D
I assume they've been added (To an experimental, at least), but how are they developing? Note, I haven't been reading the forums or playing the experimentals recently.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15728 on: January 28, 2015, 11:06:35 pm »

We've got zombies and robots fighting, and for a while we were having problems where the zombies were slaughtering all of the fish in the rivers. It's a pretty sweet development, if I do say so myself. (Though all credit goes to Coolthulu who was the one to PR it and many of the fixes involved with it).
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15729 on: January 28, 2015, 11:46:03 pm »

Indeed.  My favorite new tactic is to bait zombies into eyebots and have them have at each other without summoning the fuzz.  Zombies seem to preferentially go after robots, for some reason, which makes it a bit easier to do for now as long as you don't attract a spitter zombie.  Acid won't work, and the spitter zombies are awful at attacking in any other way.

I wonder, though, if an eyebot detects itself as being under attack and the attacker does not desist, might it be possible or reasonable for it to call in an appropriate defense bot (riot control or police) even if the hostile target isn't identified as human?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15730 on: January 29, 2015, 12:23:24 am »

I'm sure I've seen Fungaloids and Triffids going at each other, too.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15731 on: January 29, 2015, 12:33:38 am »

I recall trifflids actually don't give tainted veggi, only fungaloids do.  I specifically recall using a nearby trifflid infested area as a major food source in the past, since veggi seemed to last 3x as long as meat before spoiling.  Unless that's changed trifflids won't help much with getting tainted veggi.

As for eye bots I do kinda think it makes sense.  The contingency may have not been programmed into them.  After all they shouldn't ever be in a wildlife situation, and a dog would probably have to have some very specific training that probably wouldn't be easy or cheap to accomplish.  I would think instead of an armed response it would be sending a signal into home base that it's just malfunctioning and needs a human to come fix it.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15732 on: January 29, 2015, 03:08:42 am »

I dunno. If struck multiple times, signal, would be pretty simple engineering. If we can make a toothbrush that grades your brushing, future we can make a robot that can recognize being violently hit. If it couldn't handle such a simple situation as clearly being under attack, it'd be almost useless.

God help the police if you could train hawks to take the things out.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15733 on: January 29, 2015, 03:50:40 am »

I wonder, though, if an eyebot detects itself as being under attack and the attacker does not desist, might it be possible or reasonable for it to call in an appropriate defense bot (riot control or police) even if the hostile target isn't identified as human?
Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm a bit busy with framework-y stuff right now, but I can assure you something like that would definitely go in if PR'd (and with the fair bit of work going into factions right now I wouldn't be surprised if that was sooner rather than later).

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15734 on: January 29, 2015, 09:48:08 am »

I forsee a future when I walk into a warzone with tank-bots blasting the hell out of a zombie swarm with the entire town up in flames and I just sit down nearby to enjoy the light show while roasting a marshmallow over a nearby burning tire.
Pages: 1 ... 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 ... 1086