Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863769 times)

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #15585 on: January 12, 2015, 11:11:39 pm »

Probably an issue with Robust Genetics/lack thereof and bad/good traits not getting chosen.  Or could be a bug, there've been a few.  Throw up the save and I'll take a look.
Any idea what was causing the problem? I've been looking at the game code and I'm curious.

I'm thinking of either streaming Cataclysm or making a let's play to show off the game to some friends who are really into survival games but aren't trying the game because of the way it looks. Wondering if anyone here would be interested once it goes up, if so I'll probably put some more effort into it and make it decent.

Just grabbed it, been a bit busy.  Will update.

Update: Um.  Are you sure that's the right file?  I opened your @ screen and it shows you as having Ursine Muzzle and Hibernation.  Frankly, it looks like you're pretty Bear'd out there.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 11:46:13 pm by KA101 »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15586 on: January 13, 2015, 01:00:05 am »

... I hate to be the guy but.... did you check to see if you could scroll down the list?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15587 on: January 13, 2015, 02:35:55 am »

I've turned Classic Zombies off for this latest game. I am liking this quite a bit. More difficult than Classic.

Also, I now present to you after formulating a MASTER PLAN:

And you've achieved what? Burning the mound of items on the zombies that you could have killed and looted? If there is one thing I've realized, it's that the only achievement is how much you can hoard. Hoard enough stuff in a shelter until you get the skills and resources to make a massive truck that can hold everything in the city, then drive it to the next city and loot all of that too. Continue until bored.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #15588 on: January 13, 2015, 02:42:35 am »

Finally got a good run going right now (Archer in the wildness because the last shelther was in the middle of a city with ANTI-MATTER turrets right out-side the door) and I am finally got armed enough to feel proud between raiding a mall with dead body littering the halls for that damned place (Only got good things from a 'Pawn shop' which still has a bike which I will get for the travel to the city) and houses with ammo piles for different types for guns.

Only problem right now is a food shortage and it's only day 6, any good place to loot food supply's with-out a hug from a brutes and hulks.

Edit: Also, is there any long-lasting way to get lights at night, because I can basically do nothing during the darkness at my base as it is.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 03:07:50 am by Evilsx »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #15589 on: January 13, 2015, 03:56:05 am »

Night Vision Trait.
NVGs. LED strips. thrown flares, repeatedly for best effect.

"Hello there Mr. Zombut, Have a flare, on me! :D
Oh, you didn't catch that so well, here, try again. :P
D'oh, right off the head, and now you're on fire. ;)
Rinse and Repeat gents." 8)

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #15590 on: January 13, 2015, 07:21:15 am »

Light strips are amazing. They give 25 hours of light per 3 battery charges. There's also a radioactive lamp you can find that does basically the same thing, but doesn't need recharging.

Personally, I like to build solar powered floodlights. Extra light frame, truck battery, solar panel, floodlight. Can also attach whatever other vehicle-mounted electrical stuff you need, like a welding rig or fridge.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15591 on: January 13, 2015, 07:57:01 am »

If you find a couple solar cars, you can also make a charging station outdoors and fill it with removable storage battery cases and batteries. Put one extra case and a full battery on your floodlights cage, and controls to... well, control the power flow to the various rigs you attach to it, and you can keep your rig deep indoors where it's safe.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #15592 on: January 13, 2015, 09:20:29 am »

Mayhaps one day we could hack turrets and robots, that would be nice. The trouble would be approaching them close enough to hack, maybe emp-weapons you could use to fry their circuits? You'd then need to repair the workings and hack the programming to make them friendly.

In the same vein, being able to build your own robots would be nice. Even non-combat ones, like simply robot servitors to keep your base neat and sew your clothes or something.

ejseto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15593 on: January 13, 2015, 10:43:57 am »

Mayhaps one day we could hack turrets and robots, that would be nice.

You can already do that (unless you mean more than just setting them allied). You need to build a control laptop.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15594 on: January 13, 2015, 02:48:20 pm »

Probably an issue with Robust Genetics/lack thereof and bad/good traits not getting chosen.  Or could be a bug, there've been a few.  Throw up the save and I'll take a look.
Any idea what was causing the problem? I've been looking at the game code and I'm curious.

I'm thinking of either streaming Cataclysm or making a let's play to show off the game to some friends who are really into survival games but aren't trying the game because of the way it looks. Wondering if anyone here would be interested once it goes up, if so I'll probably put some more effort into it and make it decent.

Just grabbed it, been a bit busy.  Will update.

Update: Um.  Are you sure that's the right file?  I opened your @ screen and it shows you as having Ursine Muzzle and Hibernation.  Frankly, it looks like you're pretty Bear'd out there.

I just loaded the save on the latest experimental and yeah those mutations are there, weird. The thing is they weren't there, or at least not showing up and I wasn't getting any mutation messages when I used the mutagen and I was specifically waiting for bear muzzle and hibernation to show up. Maybe something bugged out and the game failed to let me know I was getting mutations and stopped updating the traits *shrug*

... I hate to be the guy but.... did you check to see if you could scroll down the list?
I can't scroll down the list because the whole thing is shown at once, running a pretty large game window.

Only problem right now is a food shortage and it's only day 6, any good place to loot food supply's with-out a hug from a brutes and hulks.

Edit: Also, is there any long-lasting way to get lights at night, because I can basically do nothing during the darkness at my base as it is.

An easy source of food are those light bushes you find near and in forests, they give various eggs, vegetables, and herbs. If you know the location of an anthill the ants seem to be an infinite meat and chitin source. For light, early on I build a stone fireplace and burn stuff it in to read/craft at night, once I have the skills I make a 1 by 3 vehicle with 3 solar panels, batteries, a headlight(flashlight are plentiful), and a stereo system to listen to while reading/crafting. I then add other things like onboard chemistry set and other powered things I want. If I manage to bring the power low, I'll just add a fuel tank, a small engine, and alternators on it to generate some more as needed.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 03:03:50 pm by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15595 on: January 13, 2015, 03:20:45 pm »

Yeah a small portable generator with the engine from a lawnmower and the biggest alternator you can find built onto a shopping cart is very, very fuel efficient. Last time I had one I could fully charge a car battery on 2% of a fuel tank, then attach the car battery to whatever crafting stations I made inside my survivor fort.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15596 on: January 13, 2015, 04:58:05 pm »

Does the UNARMED_WEAPON flag in the item browser mean it doesn't interfere with Unarmed martial arts, or just that it goes off unarmed skill?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15597 on: January 13, 2015, 06:16:53 pm »

An easy source of food are those light bushes you find near and in forests, they give various eggs, vegetables, and herbs.
Regular dark bushes work too. If you lightly (s)mash them, they turn into harvestable light bushes.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15598 on: January 13, 2015, 06:22:43 pm »

So do young trees.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15599 on: January 14, 2015, 12:41:28 am »

Does the UNARMED_WEAPON flag in the item browser mean it doesn't interfere with Unarmed martial arts, or just that it goes off unarmed skill?

Should be compliant with any MA/tech that's unarmed_allowed.  There are lots of stories of boxers/KM users with a punch dagger.
Pages: 1 ... 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 ... 1086