Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1026 1027 [1028] 1029 1030 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863448 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #15405 on: December 21, 2014, 05:30:54 pm »

I always pack the heaviest armor I can, usually Heavy Survival, or if I can find it Heavy Powered Armor - even with the power off and 6 encumberance, it's so massively protecting that nothing can reasonably hurt you.  With a sledgehammer, sure it takes 10 turns to attack, but nothing in a normal city can touch you!

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15406 on: December 22, 2014, 10:09:39 am »

Can wander spawns be turned on mid-game without breaking things? And can the spawn rate be adjusted mid-game as well,  without bad side effects?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 10:23:16 am by Vorbicon »

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15407 on: December 22, 2014, 12:41:44 pm »

How is this shaping up with graphical tiles? Any decent ones out there that take advantage of all the current build has to offer, including vehicles?

I haven't played for ages, and would love to pick it back up if there are any!
I'd suggest just download the latest graphical expiremental from the main site.  Just, start playing, it's the easiest way to answer a lot of the "I haven't played in forever" questions.  But yes, there are some really good tilesets, and yes vehicles are awesome.

You convinced me, and I'm so glad you did! I am having a blast!

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15408 on: December 22, 2014, 01:42:56 pm »

Can wander spawns be turned on mid-game without breaking things? And can the spawn rate be adjusted mid-game as well,  without bad side effects?

Wander spawns no (will have no effect), spawn rate yes.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15409 on: December 22, 2014, 02:02:00 pm »

I think turning on wander spawns will spawn hordes on the huge overmaps surrounding the one you're in.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15410 on: December 22, 2014, 02:06:52 pm »

Don't wandering spawn work on dynamic spawn? So you could turn wandering spawn on, create a new world, then putspawn rates to zero, so the only zombies are the static zombies already there, and when you're ready, put spawn rate back up, and wandering spawn would work?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15411 on: December 22, 2014, 02:11:02 pm »

Just tested through debug menu.  Turning it on mid game will spawn hordes in other overmap sections and they'll start moving around and hopefully migrate into your overmap section.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15412 on: December 22, 2014, 03:16:33 pm »

Installing all CBMs I come across came back and bit my in the ass. Anyone know how to cheat away the Fusion blaster arm CBM? I thought I could go to a hospital and use the limb regrower after cutting it off but it seems I wasn't allowed to do that.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15413 on: December 22, 2014, 03:22:58 pm »

There should be an option on the bionics page to remove them. I think its -, but don't quote me on that.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15414 on: December 22, 2014, 03:42:48 pm »

Unfortunately, They recently removed that option only for the Blaster arm.

ejseto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15415 on: December 22, 2014, 04:28:17 pm »

Installing all CBMs I come across came back and bit my in the ass. Anyone know how to cheat away the Fusion blaster arm CBM? I thought I could go to a hospital and use the limb regrower after cutting it off but it seems I wasn't allowed to do that.

Open up your .sav file (it's the only one with the .sav extension and the filename will be gibberish since it's base64) and search for "bio_blaster" and then delete it and everything else within the curly brackets. The block you delete should look like this:

Code: [Select]
            {
                "id" : "bio_blaster",
                "invlet" : 114,
                "powered" : false,
                "charge" : 0
            },

Just remove that whole thing and you should be good to go. Make a backup first though, I haven't actually tested that.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15416 on: December 22, 2014, 04:49:49 pm »

Once you're in the save file, you probably also want to look for some sort of stat block for like "HAS_TWO_ARMS:FALSE" because that's probably also a thing.  You may want to create a new, separate character so that you can compare against a clean save file and note the differences.

ejseto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15417 on: December 22, 2014, 06:13:15 pm »

Once you're in the save file, you probably also want to look for some sort of stat block for like "HAS_TWO_ARMS:FALSE" because that's probably also a thing.  You may want to create a new, separate character so that you can compare against a clean save file and note the differences.

Pretty sure it's not. There's a function that determines whether you have 2 arms. It checks whether you have the blaster arm, whether you're in your turtle shell, and whether your arms have less than 10 hp.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #15418 on: December 22, 2014, 11:29:39 pm »

Of all the places to find a minefield...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15419 on: December 23, 2014, 12:05:17 am »

They have to protect the gas!
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA
Pages: 1 ... 1026 1027 [1028] 1029 1030 ... 1086