Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1023 1024 [1025] 1026 1027 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863185 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #15360 on: December 16, 2014, 03:27:06 pm »

I distinctly recall mininukes not being that destructive. I used some to clear out a FEMA camp a week or so ago and they took out one tent apiece. Granted, near-total destruction in a ~12 tile radius circle is still nasty, but it's barely enough to wreck a single house. The humor comes from NPCs giving you live nuclear weapons, not from exaggerations of their destructive capability. The fusion gun's more fun anyways.
Have you used any of the heavier launchers?  There's a FLASH launcher, which throws thermobaric missiles.  I didn't get a chance to experiment with it...
Nothing bigger than an RPG-7. I've got some stuck in my armory, but I haven't had an excuse to use them yet.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15361 on: December 16, 2014, 08:55:13 pm »

Downloaded an experimental the other day, and was able to make a stone pot with 4 or 5 rocks on the ground around me. No other tools, unless a crowbar has hammering function. And even then, trying to make a pot with three rocks on the ground did not work.
Were you using the Vehicle Additions Pack mod in your world? Because like I said, that's what causes the issue.

If not, then it must have somehow been fixed.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #15362 on: December 16, 2014, 11:04:51 pm »

Finally got a run going with a test subject with 'Gene Unstable'.

Basically got stuck in the middle of nowhere, with a Gas station and Mansion...

"Well shit, might be able to get some supply from the station and food from the mansion"

Then I enter the front door for the mansion to then find FULL PLATED ARMOUR AND A KATANA JUST SITTING NEXT TO THE DOOR...

...This has just made this much better run then it could be, YAY

blazing glory

« Reply #15363 on: December 16, 2014, 11:16:32 pm »

Then I enter the front door for the mansion to then find FULL PLATED ARMOUR AND A KATANA JUST SITTING NEXT TO THE DOOR...

I've found those, though this particular mansion variation is rare.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15364 on: December 16, 2014, 11:59:21 pm »

Downloaded an experimental the other day, and was able to make a stone pot with 4 or 5 rocks on the ground around me. No other tools, unless a crowbar has hammering function. And even then, trying to make a pot with three rocks on the ground did not work.
Were you using the Vehicle Additions Pack mod in your world? Because like I said, that's what causes the issue.

If not, then it must have somehow been fixed.

§

BevapDin  Fixing!
Xe is uninjured
Sorting through the tracker,
smashing bugs like nothing,
filing all the PRs,
actual developer BevapDin.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15365 on: December 17, 2014, 08:44:58 am »

What does it mean when my character eats two tabs of codeine and shoots up with morphine without his pain level dropping?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15366 on: December 17, 2014, 08:48:04 am »

That you're about to OD and die?

Wait a while, they take time to kick in.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15367 on: December 17, 2014, 08:51:04 am »

Shooting up with morphine takes a while to kick in?

Also, I just found a cask of whiskey in liquor store?  I wish I had those liquor stores where I live.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15368 on: December 17, 2014, 09:51:39 am »

Maybe it's a bug but I downloaded and played an experimental last night and found that I couldn't butcher anything.  It had a very nice new interface for letting me choose whatever I wanted to butcher.  ...just not the corpses.  Not sure if it's a bug or if there is a new way to butcher corpses.

This is version 2517 if that helps narrow it down.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15369 on: December 17, 2014, 02:47:36 pm »

Also, I just found a cask of whiskey in liquor store?  I wish I had those liquor stores where I live.
Remember the timescale. Nothing can instantly propagate throughout your bloodstream in the moment you ingest or inject it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #15370 on: December 17, 2014, 02:48:35 pm »

Feel free to ask the manager/owner to order one. If you're a regular, I wouldn't expect any problems. If not, he might require a deposit.
Just like grocery stores, liquor stores are happy to cater to their customers' interests. A simple request to someone that can odrer stock is all it takes usually.

If they're not willing to do it at all, you might want to find a new store.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15371 on: December 17, 2014, 09:30:13 pm »

So Uhh, found a gun store with metal barred windows and a weird metal door that isn't actually a door which gave no fucks about my 14 strength sledgehammer.

So I went through the back wall after searching in vain for a backdoor, looted the store, and rather than go through the back again I made another hole next to the impervious door. And the entire fucking inside of the building came down, annihilating my wheelbarrow and burying me and the entire store in rubble.

Lazy Contractors and their slipshod corner-cutting penny-pinching greedy mother@#$%*&$ shoddy construction. At least the crappy plywood hardly hurts when it collapses on your head, I guess.

So I walk out unscathed but now I need to find a wheelbarrow to cart my junk back, and a shovel to get it out from under the rubble. Sonofa.

blazing glory

« Reply #15372 on: December 17, 2014, 09:33:31 pm »

So Uhh, found a gun store with metal barred windows and a weird metal door that isn't actually a door which gave no fucks about my 14 strength sledgehammer.

So I went through the back wall after searching in vain for a backdoor, looted the store, and rather than go through the back again I made another hole next to the impervious door. And the entire fucking inside of the building came down, annihilating my wheelbarrow and burying me and the entire store in rubble.

Lazy Contractors and their slipshod corner-cutting penny-pinching greedy mother@#$%*&$ shoddy construction. At least the crappy plywood hardly hurts when it collapses on your head, I guess.

So I walk out unscathed but now I need to find a wheelbarrow to cart my junk back, and a shovel to get it out from under the rubble. Sonofa.

Yeah, building collapse can happen when you're smashing walls.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15373 on: December 17, 2014, 10:19:19 pm »

Use a arc torch to cut the door down
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15374 on: December 17, 2014, 10:19:43 pm »

I'm sorry, but did you just say that you smashed down a load-bearing wall and then complained about the collapse?  Good god man you're doing things that normally require a city permit and a code inspector!
Pages: 1 ... 1023 1024 [1025] 1026 1027 ... 1086