Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863084 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #15120 on: December 05, 2014, 03:08:55 am »

Yeah, having fun with this world, really enjoying all the malarkey, but a few worldgen options are coming back to bite me...  I may justify that my character had an experience with a portal and went to a new world, and start over with just the carrying capacity available.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #15121 on: December 05, 2014, 03:11:34 am »

For bonus points, find a shimmering portal first.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15122 on: December 05, 2014, 03:16:52 am »

For bonus points, find a shimmering portal first.
I found a glittering lantern, does that count?

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15123 on: December 05, 2014, 03:18:32 am »

Errr, can't you just go into the ? options and turn npc's and hordes on or off midgame? It won't kill any currently standing npcs but it stops more from spawning.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15124 on: December 05, 2014, 03:53:52 am »

Errr, can't you just go into the ? options and turn npc's and hordes on or off midgame? It won't kill any currently standing npcs but it stops more from spawning.
You can set the world defaults like that, which will apply to a new world.  You can also go into the save file and edit it to be true, though it doesn't seem to actually make it true.  Still no hordes.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15125 on: December 05, 2014, 04:20:06 am »

Just learnt that reaching animal mutation thresh hold's causes tank drones to ignore you unless you get close.

Of course I might be wrong and they ignore you if your physically mutated but I wouldn't count on it.
Only if you're heavily mutated, it seems. My just-reached threshold didn't help against drone... For now.

You need to be playing experimental.

MikaTheCrazy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't know why this is my avatar now
    • View Profile
« Reply #15126 on: December 05, 2014, 09:14:27 am »

After finding a basement full of assorted weapons and ammo, I acquired a bullwhip, Savage 111F and 60 .308 Winchester ammo. I have used the buulwhip quite extensively from that point, the three tile range and stun is amazing. Basically anything that can be stunned is easy meat, including such things as brutes. (but not shocker brutes, since their shock attack triggers anyway, assumedly due to some automatic CBM, since a spitter zombie I attacked seemed to be unable to use it's spit.)

Bullwhip massacre:
Spoiler: this (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: becomes this (click to show/hide)

The only problem is that even minimal armor will render the whip useless, a brute can be killed with relative ease, but a fat zombie will not take damage, even to a headshot.
Okay fine, maybe I'm too lazy to find something to put here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15127 on: December 05, 2014, 11:09:09 am »

That's not necessarily a problem, per se. I just trained my melee skill a ton by whipping a manhack for twelve hours or so. Better yet, the stun lasts long enough for you to pull shenanigans like whipping a crowd of enemies (manhacks and skitterbots in particular are good targets for this) before pulling out a gun and wasting a few, then stunning the survivors, reloading, stunning, &c...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15128 on: December 05, 2014, 11:45:34 am »

So I started looking into the source code n stuff because Darkling said something a while back about seeking knowledge in reference to coding and I felt like I ought to start somewhere.

I stared at the source for about half an hour and my primitive brain eventually permitted the understanding that .cpp and .h files contain all the dark magic that do the work behind the scenes, while the .json files contain all the stuff we actually see in-game, like items, monsters, and bionics.

PROGRESS

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15129 on: December 05, 2014, 01:12:46 pm »

Now you just gotta figure out how they managed to digitize the child sacrifices to As-Halk'og that are required to make it work, and you can start coding!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15130 on: December 05, 2014, 05:11:14 pm »

Now you just gotta figure out how they managed to digitize the child sacrifices to As-Halk'og that are required to make it work, and you can start coding!
It's a simple process that involves a ritual involving any combination of letters and/or numbers that is longer than 8 units, but less than 15 units and has a capital letter, a lowercase letter, a number, a symbol, cuneiform, and the blood of a virgin.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #15131 on: December 05, 2014, 05:15:14 pm »

It's a simple process that involves a ritual involving any combination of letters and/or numbers that is longer than 8 units, but less than 15 units and has a capital letter, a lowercase letter, a number, a symbol, cuneiform, and the blood of a virgin.
Oh, so the same way my first DoD-compliant password was made. >_>

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15132 on: December 05, 2014, 05:19:24 pm »

Nope, but you can force spawn them in via debug.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15133 on: December 05, 2014, 05:47:54 pm »

I keep see-sawing back and forth between a Nodachi and a Zweihander. On the one hand, blocking is good. On the other hand, rapid strikes are also good.

First world problems are such a drag yo.

I wonder. Would it be possible for mutations to unlock crafting recipes? It'd be a more fluid way to introduce XL clothing, as well as some other interesting possibilities... Dreihander anyone?

Also, I'm 90% sure I turned NPC's off in the options midgame and they stopped spawning

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15134 on: December 05, 2014, 06:57:56 pm »

BULLWHIPS!  I found the best use of them to be whipping things, stun them, then strike them WITH the bullwhip.  It doesn't do too much damage, but if you're using a bullwhip then you're playing the combat game as long and safe.

Do water extraction units still draw infinite water, or do corpses dry out now?  If infinite, what sort of corpse do I want to crucify in my base as my main source of water?
Pages: 1 ... 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 ... 1086