Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863103 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #15045 on: December 02, 2014, 04:59:42 pm »

No question that bashing weapons are better for unskilled characters, but for one with decent skills the various blades are excellent. I made a test character to see how things worked out; 20 Str + Fencing + ~8 skill in blade and melee + a zweihander cleared out an entire mall without taking damage.

The Zweihander is really, really great for dealing with hordes at higher skill levels because it can cleave through multiple enemies with one attack, while crit-focused weapons are better for things like kila mentioned.

But yeah, tl;dr is that if your character isn't an expert with blades and doesn't have high strength, they're just going to J-JAM IT IN and get stuck. Though I'm glad to see that skellingtons can actually be hurt with blades now.
--

E: The fuck? Just hit the jackpot, man, even more than I initially thought. I used all of the milIDs I'd stockpiled to raid a bunker, and here's what I came away with:
4x Granade
1x H&K G80 Railgun + 20x 12mm slugs
1x Barrett M107A1 + 10 .50 BMG AP rounds for it
1x M249 SAW and 780 rounds of 5.56 NATO for it
4x M27 IAR +^
2x M2 Browning HMG
2x Flamethrower
19x various grenades and other explosives
Various rockets, 40mm grenades, and 8x40mm caseless rounds.
A room full of inactive turrets and manhacks that I don't have room for, even with a mil rucksack and two MOLLE packs.

We heavy weapons now.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 05:47:45 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15046 on: December 02, 2014, 05:55:20 pm »

I think Fist of the North Star would have been dramatically different if Kenshiro was running around with that sort of gear on him.

EDIT:
What's the purpose of armor plating on vehicles? I put some military composite armor on the front of my truck, but the quarterpanel under it is still taking damage from ramming things.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 06:14:07 pm by Ruludos »

blazing glory

« Reply #15047 on: December 02, 2014, 06:44:10 pm »

EDIT:
What's the purpose of armor plating on vehicles? I put some military composite armor on the front of my truck, but the quarterpanel under it is still taking damage from ramming things.

Not 100% sure why that's happening but trust me, armor plating is good, you'll be glad for it when turrets are shooting at you, and it might or might not save your life when a Chicken walker see's you.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15048 on: December 02, 2014, 06:45:33 pm »

The parts still take damage, they just take less damage with armor plating on.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15049 on: December 02, 2014, 08:55:06 pm »

Hmmm. I kinda want to not have to pick up the books I want to read. I mean, you can already use them for crafting when they're not in your inventory. I'm thinking you should be able to read any book that's adjacent to you or under you, as well as in your inventory.

I might do some poking around myself in the source code to figure this out, but i don't even know in which file to look.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15050 on: December 03, 2014, 01:43:05 am »

Oh man, I don't think that this passive bionic power source was in the game last time I played.. the one that generates power whenever you move. So broken, though not as much as the old corpse-eater internal furnace was. Now it's time to use those explosives to go on a bank robbing spree and stock up on good CBMs to eventually install.

3. Run Resize Enable

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15051 on: December 03, 2014, 02:18:29 am »

Oh, it's been here forever. But it's not that good, since it doesn't produce that much power.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15052 on: December 03, 2014, 03:11:42 am »

Not all at once, no. But I've already got ~600 capacity, and it alone is enough to fill me from empty to full on a milk run through a site with no extraordinary threats, or while puttering around at base crafting and building, or while running from one town to another. It's absolutely free power with no effort expended and no resources depleted. Certainly it's not good for recharging in combat, but it's excellent for maintaining utility bionics and out-of-combat top-offs.

I'm really sad though, because I had forgotten that shockers dropped basic bionics and ended up smashing dozens of them before I happened across it when I remembered to train with butchery.

3. Run Resize Enable

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15053 on: December 03, 2014, 05:15:25 am »

Shockers, Shocker Brutes, and Technicians can all butcher for bionics.  Power substations are my favorite place to go when I think I need a bit more battery power.  Technicians frequently drop Mk1 batteries, electrical protection, heat protection, and internal clocks.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #15054 on: December 03, 2014, 06:08:45 am »

And all this time I've been smashing them!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #15055 on: December 03, 2014, 06:11:58 am »

Don't forget zombie scientists and operators - you can butcher them for bionics too. I think broken cyborgs only yield power supplies?

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15056 on: December 03, 2014, 06:17:46 am »

Don't forget zombie scientists and operators - you can butcher them for bionics too. I think broken cyborgs only yield power supplies?

Mostly broken cyborgs only give burnt bionics - they only drop power storages occasionally.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15057 on: December 03, 2014, 06:48:32 am »

Operators give storage MKII, too - if you can take them out multiple times.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15058 on: December 03, 2014, 10:35:34 am »

I was pleasantly surprised when I first found bionics in shock zombies. I usually butcher zombies for the survival skill and then suddenly, BIONICS!

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15059 on: December 03, 2014, 04:18:04 pm »

I was looking around on the catclysm DDA item browser...and I found mjolnir. Why does this game have mjolnir xD that 9999 bash though.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.
Pages: 1 ... 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 ... 1086