Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863079 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #15015 on: November 28, 2014, 11:03:32 pm »

The reason wine is wine is because its the highest concentration of alcohol that yeast can still live in. I mean, there are different strains of yeast, and some can take higher, but you can't get past wine without special procedures. So, wine can work as a disinfectant, and beer is probably better to wash in then water, especially if you can boil either before hand.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15016 on: November 28, 2014, 11:28:13 pm »

Well alcohol might be your only option, it's (probably) better then nothing, antibiotics are better? too bad you don't have any.
This the apocalypse. :P You don't always have the luxury of high quality medicine stuff.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15017 on: November 29, 2014, 01:10:17 am »

You know that feeling, when you have several seasons worth of buckwheat and acorns lying around and you just got more skill books then you can read easily? My character isn't going to be seeing the light of day for a while. READ ALL THE SKILL BOOKS! CRAFT ALL THE THINGS!

Also, I'm really proud of my solar-powered forge/welding add-on to the starting shelter[Which I have fortified to withstand anything besides possibly a hulk.]. I dragged a 2x2 car section and some solar panels, smashed an unused pair of boarded up doors with an anvil[Because that is super fun] and put the car section there, with two tiles sticking out. I installed a forge rig and a welding rig on the inside two tiles and solar panels on the outer two. Then I proceeded to gather ~150 rocks to make a stone wall around the solar panels,over about an in-game week. Because paranoia. Not that anything will probably ever attack my base, it being in the middle of nowhere between three towns, most of which have had their outskirts cleared out by my fists of lightning and also justice. I have hordes turned off, because fuck them. Now lets just hope the flamethrower wielding NPC who started in the shelter with me stays FAR away from my precious...
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15018 on: November 29, 2014, 01:40:30 am »

You know that feeling, when you have several seasons worth of buckwheat and acorns lying around and you just got more skill books then you can read easily? My character isn't going to be seeing the light of day for a while. READ ALL THE SKILL BOOKS! CRAFT ALL THE THINGS!

Not really, I do get the feeling of PROCESS EVERYTHING! Clothes? I must turn them into rags/leather patches etc. various forms of metal? It must be converted into lumps of metal! Blob globs? Mutagen! superglue! then the superglue becomes duct tape, You can NEVER have too much duct tape. Then I store everything in crates.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15019 on: November 29, 2014, 02:42:01 am »

Also, I'm really proud of my solar-powered forge/welding add-on to the starting shelter[Which I have fortified to withstand anything besides possibly a hulk.].

Can I see pictures of your base?

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #15020 on: November 29, 2014, 11:30:36 am »

So, I start as a fairly good random character and get together all my stuff and prepare and whatnot.

Then, I climb out of the window I broke.

Instantly, everything around me starts exploding.

I have no idea WTF just happened, and I'm dead now.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15021 on: November 29, 2014, 01:25:23 pm »

So, I start as a fairly good random character and get together all my stuff and prepare and whatnot.

Then, I climb out of the window I broke.

Instantly, everything around me starts exploding.

I have no idea WTF just happened, and I'm dead now.
Tank drone?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #15022 on: November 29, 2014, 01:27:15 pm »

Maybe, but I never saw it.

After reviewing the text log, there was a mention of 'Those lasers don't look friendly...' or something along those lines.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15023 on: November 29, 2014, 01:30:40 pm »

yarp, definitely a tank bot or a chicken walker. If it was one explosion it was a tank bot, if multiple, chicken walker.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15024 on: November 29, 2014, 04:39:00 pm »

It's been a looong time since I played Cata, and I decided to try out martial arts for the first time, went with a Krav Maga Blackbelt build. The game, it seems, decided to give me a Fist of the North Star run.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #15025 on: November 29, 2014, 06:55:07 pm »

Just a note, but if the clothes were just vanishing (as opposed to actually giving destruction messages) it was a bug in a few versions where we had clothes disappearing if you wielded worn items. Redownload to the latest experimental and it should be fixed (you can transfer over save files, just drag the world folder from one install to the other).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15026 on: November 29, 2014, 07:31:54 pm »

Nah, not a bug, plenty of damage messages. 'Disappeared' in the sense that about a minute after engaging I happened to glance at the character's inventory and went, "Huh, coulda sworn there were clothes there a minute ago."  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15027 on: November 30, 2014, 06:22:53 am »

Flying Dice, that story's brilliant!

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15028 on: November 30, 2014, 09:45:16 am »

I second that. I was absolutely enthralled, not to mention laughing my head off.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15029 on: December 01, 2014, 10:45:53 pm »

Does anyone know how to get concentrated acid now? The recipe still calls for acid water, but as far as I can tell there's no more acid rain.
Pages: 1 ... 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 ... 1086