Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 997 998 [999] 1000 1001 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862962 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #14970 on: November 27, 2014, 10:25:39 pm »

I don't think flu shots give health, they instead just say that you won't contact the flu.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #14971 on: November 27, 2014, 10:32:18 pm »

Actually, I'm pretty sure that most anything that directly messes with the immune system lowers health. Even the otherwise healthy stuff.
Last time I looked, vitamins were the only non-food item, but I think the effectiveness is still limited to 1/day.
Otherwise, yea, eating things prepared from fresh fruits and veggies will restore some health stat. If you have enough, you can easily gain more health through eating and drinking than from vitamins.

Next time, take your daily vitamin. It's great for negating the minor penalties of living, so long as you stay away from junk food for the most part.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14972 on: November 27, 2014, 10:45:16 pm »

Additionally: Do player-made bridges have weight limits?  There's a river nearby and I'd rather like to drive across it.  Should I be worried about the bridge type used and the weight of my vehicle?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14973 on: November 28, 2014, 12:01:13 am »

No.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #14974 on: November 28, 2014, 12:15:43 am »

Herbal Tea is also good. You can get the herbs from undergrowth.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14975 on: November 28, 2014, 12:25:01 am »

Herbal Tea is also good. You can get the herbs from undergrowth.

+1 I haven't drunk ANYTHING but that since I started playing the new stable version.

Also, holy fuck guns are LOUD. I shot a child zombie with some birdshot to test out the sawn-off shotgun I made from a gun store. Next few in-game hours were me fighting the zombie horde that summoned. I gained 1-2 levels in unarmed, melee AND dodging from that. I guess I'll save it for shockers and the like.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14976 on: November 28, 2014, 12:34:35 am »

Shotguns are extremely loud, and sawn-offs are even worse. Generally, the larger the bore and the shorter the barrel, the more sound a gun makes, because there's more explosion being dispersed over less area before being emitted as sonic energy.
Nothing important here, move along.

blazing glory

« Reply #14977 on: November 28, 2014, 12:35:03 am »

Also, holy fuck guns are LOUD. I shot a child zombie with some birdshot to test out the sawn-off shotgun I made from a gun store. Next few in-game hours were me fighting the zombie horde that summoned. I gained 1-2 levels in unarmed, melee AND dodging from that. I guess I'll save it for shockers and the like.

That's just shotguns.

You'll only spend one in game hour fighting stuff with smaller things, and even less time if it has a suppressor.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14978 on: November 28, 2014, 12:36:41 am »

That's just shotguns.

You'll only spend one in game hour fighting stuff with smaller things, and even less time if it has a suppressor.

On the other hand, shotguns also pack enough of a punch to two shot hulks. And sawing them off is necessary to be able to carry any loot at all while having protection.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

blazing glory

« Reply #14979 on: November 28, 2014, 12:51:01 am »

That's just shotguns.

On the other hand, shotguns also pack enough of a punch to two shot hulks. And sawing them off is necessary to be able to carry any loot at all while having protection.

I generally don't care about noise, I tend to carry and regularly use shotguns myself, but I don't saw them, I generally find that it's easy to have plenty of space and protection at the same time, in the early to mid game point.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #14980 on: November 28, 2014, 12:55:40 am »

Just wear a million backpacks and make sure you never try to melee attack something.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14981 on: November 28, 2014, 02:42:48 am »

I just use a shopping cart til I can make a motorcycle with extremely deep storage?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14982 on: November 28, 2014, 03:00:41 am »

I just keep walking because shopping carts and vehicles seem too much trouble UI-wise. Requiring multiple clicks to do things is just too much time for the benefit. I still haven't found an intact bike, otherwise I'd try one.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14983 on: November 28, 2014, 03:28:52 am »

I just keep walking because shopping carts and vehicles seem too much trouble UI-wise. Requiring multiple clicks to do things is just too much time for the benefit. I still haven't found an intact bike, otherwise I'd try one.

Use / key for advanced inventory management justice!
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #14984 on: November 28, 2014, 04:00:41 am »

So.... this game got a whole lot more difficult since I last played it....
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 997 998 [999] 1000 1001 ... 1086