Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 967 968 [969] 970 971 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862838 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #14520 on: November 15, 2014, 03:31:12 am »

aww, it seems you have to work harder to get the stuff from burning down houses. :P and no rebar in houses? D: aww that was a major metal supply in my last play. all well, plenty of vehicles to take apart.
I never understood why you got so much stuff from a burnt house. Most houses I've seen have been wood frame, with either sheet rock or plaster and lathe inside. As for rebar? Who builds a house out of reinforced concrete?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14521 on: November 15, 2014, 07:16:49 am »

While running away from the mall with lots of undead following i ran into a zombie vandalism scene !
Even while undead they're still attacking innocent cars.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Even a dog was shocked and decided to do dog justice and bite the Z !

edit :
what the heck is a chicken walker ? and why is that thing armed with a M4A1 and shooting at me !

:o
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 07:25:15 am by Robsoie »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14522 on: November 15, 2014, 07:28:32 am »

Chicken Walkers are similar to tank drones; they spawn near roadblocks and shoot everyone nearby (i.e. You). They, obviously, lack the 120mm cannon.

But they still have the automatic grenade launcher.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 07:30:38 am by Blaze »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14523 on: November 15, 2014, 07:39:19 am »

It makes perfect sense for the military to build something like that , place it in a town and program it so it will shoot any unarmed civilians !
:D

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #14524 on: November 15, 2014, 07:53:11 am »

Technically I think by lore they where programmed to only deal with criminals and when the zombies popped up the law decided IF criminal THEN more Dakka. Of course they don't recognize the zombies as humans so who cares what they do but your a human and you seem to be in a building in that picture and it most likely isn't yours thus you = criminal scum
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14525 on: November 15, 2014, 08:01:47 am »

Maybe that expendable baton i had in my hand made me a serious military threat too :D

Anyways, a question : as you can switch between ASCII and tiles by going in the options, is it possible to assign a key to this operation so you can switch between both ingame without having each time to go to the options menu ?

edit : i edited the color of the ground tiles in the retro tileset to make the ground less bright and started a new character with the more classic start (the shelter).
Talked to the NPC in it that told me about a Jabberwock being around, i accepted the mission (even though i remember those things were insane especially when you had no real weapons like in my new character case :D )

Then while moving away, something crush one of the doors and guess who was this

Just my luck :D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 08:09:08 am by Robsoie »

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14526 on: November 15, 2014, 10:16:12 am »

So speaking of burning houses down... How do you get a hold of rebars nowadays? I've made them before but for that you need an entire forging setup, n' I wanna make me an early jackhammer to get into a lab.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #14527 on: November 15, 2014, 10:20:08 am »

So speaking of burning houses down... How do you get a hold of rebars nowadays? I've made them before but for that you need an entire forging setup, n' I wanna make me an early jackhammer to get into a lab.

Get into a lab? Unless this was changed in the last week, you can cheese it by getting a lighter and setting the walls on fire. It's silly, but it works. Of course, you will destroy the entire ground level, but still.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14528 on: November 15, 2014, 10:37:59 am »

Well I already dug through the walls using a quarter staff, the problem is the stairs go right down into one of those cargo bay areas. There's no way out and into the rest of the lab save for going through the walls or steel door, but the walls are concrete unlike the ground level n' I can't bash through them (or burn them AFAIK).

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14529 on: November 15, 2014, 12:45:51 pm »

Do monsters still take damage by being inside a burning shrub ?

I still use that old tactic from past versions, but i'm unsure it's still working (as i see no message about burn or damage reported during the fight)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14530 on: November 15, 2014, 12:55:09 pm »

I dunno. I've been playing experimental 2200-something and I cannot light bushes at all, even with kindling inside the bush, it says "there is nothing to light there". I had heard that bushfires were being nerfed. Try getting a really big blaze going, that works.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14531 on: November 15, 2014, 01:01:38 pm »

So far i have been able to set (either with matches or with a lighter) every shrubs i needed in fire when followed by a zombie ( playing with experimental 2384 ), maybe you ran into a bug that got fixed since.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14532 on: November 15, 2014, 01:09:40 pm »

You can destroy metal doors with a quarterstaff or sledgehammer.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14533 on: November 15, 2014, 01:37:45 pm »

You can destroy metal doors with a quarterstaff or sledgehammer.

Evidently I can't with a quarter staff. Already tried. And I don't have a sledgehammer.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14534 on: November 15, 2014, 01:59:29 pm »

I dunno. I've been playing experimental 2200-something and I cannot light bushes at all, even with kindling inside the bush, it says "there is nothing to light there". I had heard that bushfires were being nerfed. Try getting a really big blaze going, that works.

You should be able to move to 2389 without problems.
Pages: 1 ... 967 968 [969] 970 971 ... 1086