Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 961 962 [963] 964 965 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862549 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #14430 on: November 12, 2014, 05:48:37 pm »

Are shocker zombies broken?  I encountered one at nearly full health, and on the combat action it suddenly froze me, and my death log shows that the shocker has 30 turns attacking me while I couldn't do anything.  I know they can shock and paralyze you, but any situation where you're denied 30 turns in a row and die is clearly very broken.

Just curious, but did your character by an chance happen to be in a martial arts stance? I had several YASD moments where I forgot to turn off the dragon kung-fu style, which resulted in stunlock/death due to repeated counterattacks against a riotbot.
No, but good to note.  It was a combat knife wielding bionic sniper.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #14431 on: November 12, 2014, 06:09:27 pm »

RE: Rifle sling
If all you've got is some cordage, a sling is still within your grasp, just a good deal more involved and time consuming. (Assuming you have a rifle equipped to use a sling.)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14432 on: November 12, 2014, 06:22:18 pm »

Are shocker zombies broken?  I encountered one at nearly full health, and on the combat action it suddenly froze me, and my death log shows that the shocker has 30 turns attacking me while I couldn't do anything.  I know they can shock and paralyze you, but any situation where you're denied 30 turns in a row and die is clearly very broken.

Just curious, but did your character by an chance happen to be in a martial arts stance? I had several YASD moments where I forgot to turn off the dragon kung-fu style, which resulted in stunlock/death due to repeated counterattacks against a riotbot.
No, but good to note.  It was a combat knife wielding bionic sniper.

So metal + shocker zombie. Yeah. Don't ever do that. I've died wielding a fire axe. Then I stopped meleeing them.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14433 on: November 12, 2014, 06:27:40 pm »

I'm playing 0.A-2363, and at night all creatures are lit up like shocker zombies, meaning that during night raids I can see every zombie near me. No traits other than Night Vision. Anyone know if this is a bug or not? The changelog doesn't say anything about it.

RE: Shocker Zombies:
They're about as high of a threat to melee characters as brutes or daemons early-game. Along with dogs, they're the main reason I bring bundles of wooden spears with me during city raids.

blazing glory

« Reply #14434 on: November 12, 2014, 06:52:55 pm »

I'm playing 0.A-2363, and at night all creatures are lit up like shocker zombies, meaning that during night raids I can see every zombie near me. No traits other than Night Vision. Anyone know if this is a bug or not? The changelog doesn't say anything about it.

You might have thermal goggles or something like that equipped, look around your worn items and bionics and see if there's anything that might hint at thermal vision.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14435 on: November 12, 2014, 07:00:08 pm »

You might have thermal goggles or something like that equipped, look around your worn items and bionics and see if there's anything that might hint at thermal vision.

I was experiencing the same thing, on a first night rock girl, so I'm pretty sure I didn't have bionics or thermal goggles (though I didn't even have night vision).
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14436 on: November 12, 2014, 07:03:22 pm »

I advise just giving up on the attachment thing and give us clothing slings/rifle scabbards. It'll be so much easier.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14437 on: November 12, 2014, 07:34:49 pm »

Not even a week in. I know I don't have any bionics or night-vision equipment.

In other news, just fought off a Mi-go but couldn't kill it. Only a half-dozen map tiles later, another one jumps me. The first thing it says: "Have you done this before?"

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14438 on: November 12, 2014, 07:55:25 pm »

Yeah, I can also see zombies in darkness, but usually only at near-dusk.  The same way you can see walls even though the tiles are 'in darkness' I assume you can see certain moving/large things as a silhouette against the sunset or something.  I thought 'can see zombies at dusk' was a feature!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14439 on: November 12, 2014, 08:02:05 pm »

It makes sense to me. Even on the darkest nights I can still tell when there is a wall or something else big and solid, simply because the shade of darkness...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14440 on: November 12, 2014, 08:06:40 pm »

I was experiencing the same thing, on a first night rock girl, so I'm pretty sure I didn't have bionics or thermal goggles (though I didn't even have night vision).

Bug, should be fixed in latest.

Slings might actually happen in 0.B experimentals.  Just needs a code overhaul and a hella lot of make-work.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14441 on: November 12, 2014, 08:10:12 pm »

Why not a wearable "gunsling" that you can store rifles and SMGs in? Hacky as hell but if fits the code just fine right now.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14442 on: November 12, 2014, 08:18:30 pm »

Thats what I have been talking about,as have others... Although, it would still be iffy due to the fact that you cant really shove a "oldwest" into a sling made for an M4... Or visavera.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14443 on: November 12, 2014, 08:19:35 pm »

Thats what I have been talking about,as have others... Although, it would still be iffy due to the fact that you cant really shove a "oldwest" into a sling made for an M4... Or visavera.

Pff, sling don't care about what gun it is! A bit of twine and a length of rope will hold any gun! This is the cataclysm, we need it to work, not be perfect.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14444 on: November 12, 2014, 09:31:16 pm »

Exactly, you can leave a bit of room for imagination, that's the beauty of ASCII. 

It's not exactly something you would imagine as exceptionally hard to modify for whatever weapon you currently have.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:43:44 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 ... 961 962 [963] 964 965 ... 1086