Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 939 940 [941] 942 943 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862273 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #14100 on: October 23, 2014, 07:58:39 pm »

What kind of cooked food?

If it's cooked TV dinners and burritos and stuff, that's not "healthy". Cooked veggies and meat are healthy.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14101 on: October 23, 2014, 08:09:02 pm »

eat a royal jelly :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

starscream

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14102 on: October 23, 2014, 08:35:18 pm »

i must say, this is the only game that has ever sent my computer into a direct shut-down.  took a bit to recover from some file corruptions, but my system survived.  won't be starting it up again though.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14103 on: October 23, 2014, 08:52:17 pm »

i must say, this is the only game that has ever sent my computer into a direct shut-down.  took a bit to recover from some file corruptions, but my system survived.  won't be starting it up again though.

I don't really see how BYOND would be able to cause that, try reporting the crash?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14104 on: October 23, 2014, 09:14:16 pm »

Vitamins are the best way to stay healthy. One a day means that your health will always be good. And always wearing a filter/gas mask or something of that persuasion should help you not catch diseases in the first place.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #14105 on: October 23, 2014, 09:18:07 pm »

What kind of cooked food?

If it's cooked TV dinners and burritos and stuff, that's not "healthy". Cooked veggies and meat are healthy.
I thought this was an emotions thread, and thought "Wow, the intelligence of Bay12 has gone down significantly," for a second.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #14106 on: October 23, 2014, 10:47:39 pm »

I don't really see how BYOND would be able to cause that, try reporting the crash?
Cataclysm 13 you say.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14107 on: October 23, 2014, 11:08:56 pm »

Gonna say it was probably your computer and not the game, unless someone really really broke the dragon's back with a particular experimental build. Most likely it was just coincidence this game in particular was opened when it died.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14108 on: October 23, 2014, 11:36:43 pm »

Cataclysm 13 you say.

...oh lord sorry folks wrong thread. This is why you don't post in the late night. Ignore this please.  :P

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14109 on: October 24, 2014, 06:49:55 am »

...was it a Metal Gear Solid themed variation by any chance?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

starscream

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14110 on: October 24, 2014, 09:24:45 am »

Gonna say it was probably your computer and not the game, unless someone really really broke the dragon's back with a particular experimental build. Most likely it was just coincidence this game in particular was opened when it died.

no, it wasn't the computer.  definitely the game.  selected "tutorial" screen blacked out, froze, then a prompt shutdown.

i was using the windows tile set version on full screen.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14111 on: October 24, 2014, 10:30:07 am »

no, it wasn't the computer.  definitely the game.  selected "tutorial" screen blacked out, froze, then a prompt shutdown.

This was from http://dev.narc.ro/cataclysm/jenkins-latest or https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA ?

There's only been one bad experimental in the past few weeks and it ate itself. It did nothing to the OS. You have other problems in your computer.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 10:34:35 am by BigD145 »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14112 on: October 24, 2014, 11:51:41 am »

You must've had something else terrible happen concurrently. If the game caused it, then it was just a catalyst for the real problem. If you've had corrupted files afterwards, chances are it tried to read or write to a bad HDD block, and something went terribly wrong from there.

Also, so far as I know (from poking around in SDL rendering code), fullscreen graphical tiles doesn't actually work. I honestly haven't tried it properly, and the only time it did work was when I changed a window creation flag in the game's initialization function - but that was after I'd gotten realtime window resizing to work.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

starscream

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14113 on: October 24, 2014, 12:17:45 pm »

This was from http://dev.narc.ro/cataclysm/jenkins-latest or https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA ?

There's only been one bad experimental in the past few weeks and it ate itself. It did nothing to the OS. You have other problems in your computer.

it was from the site linked to on page 1 of this thread.
http://en.cataclysmdda.com/

windows sdl/tiles link.

and i know computers well enough to know it was the game that caused it and not some other background task.

there are no other problems in my computer.  nothing causes a shut down event without my say so.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14114 on: October 24, 2014, 12:28:40 pm »

There are two Windows SDL/Ttiles links on that page.

And like it has already been said, the game does nothing to cause this sort of error. It's usually tested to at least being able to start without crashing.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 939 940 [941] 942 943 ... 1086