Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860420 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #13455 on: September 07, 2014, 12:56:06 pm »

Wrenches are still easy to get if you have the time, which you should once you get to the point of the game where you need one. Backseats of cars, looking in houses, checking garages... they're everywhere if you look hard enough.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13456 on: September 07, 2014, 12:59:45 pm »

That depends on the RNG. If its a small town without a garage, then a wrench might be tricky to come by. Haven't checked out the experimental versions. Want to win the game with my current char before delving into that.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #13457 on: September 07, 2014, 01:03:57 pm »

win the game
*snicker*

...Unless you have set upon yourself a challenge of some sort, it's not going to happen.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13458 on: September 07, 2014, 01:18:46 pm »

"Win the game", in my mind, means building/obtaining an impenetrable shelter of dooooooom and obtaining a completely renewable food supply inside like a wheat farm and growing fruit for juice, then beating all the 'hidden' fun stuff (exploring lab completely, mine, strange temple, etc.) at least once with your character.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13459 on: September 07, 2014, 01:27:38 pm »

You win the game when you build the walls of your own personal fortress out of artifacts around a silo, and survive nuking said shelter from your silo.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13460 on: September 07, 2014, 01:54:09 pm »

"Win the game", in my mind, means building/obtaining an impenetrable shelter of dooooooom and obtaining a completely renewable food supply inside like a wheat farm and growing fruit for juice, then beating all the 'hidden' fun stuff (exploring lab completely, mine, strange temple, etc.) at least once with your character.

Mostly this. I plan to make the area around my starting town safe. Already killed all the zombies[besides the zombears and zombie dogs, who just keep spawning anyways.]. There's also a mine and a fungal bloom nearby, which I will explore and mininuke, respectively. There are also a couple anthills that need exterminating. After that, I think I'll go out looking for artifacts, which I haven't played around with yet. As for a base... I have a pretty neat mobile command center going. I should probably reinforce it with heavy duty frames and steel/spiked plating on of these days for additional bonus points. I can literally create water out of thin air/corpses with my bionics and animals don't stop spawning, so that's as sustainable as I care enough to get.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13461 on: September 07, 2014, 06:38:57 pm »

I'd point out that Heavy Sleeper and Wool Allergy are more free points. If you aren't sleeping IN infested areas it's fine, and you'll be making your own clothes in a day or two anyway, before you'd have time to find all the wool crap. Glass Jaw isn't too bad either, as long as you're careful until you can find a helmet of some kind.

I do actually like Light Step just because once you get some light-amp goggles you can sneak around most things without any problems at all with it. Clumsy ruins the illusion as you apparently tumble into random pots and pans with every single step - even in the middle of fields.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #13462 on: September 07, 2014, 07:11:29 pm »

Right now I've got a character who's slowly decking herself out with survivor armor and gear in her starting cabin living mostly off of Herbal Tea and Broth, both of which you can make from herbs gathered from bushes. Judging from its description herbal tea makes you healthier too, which must be true because she hasn't gotten sick yet.

I think there should be different kinds of food requirements to make you completely healthy. I can't imagine its too healthy eating a near-liquid diet for weeks at a time. In the least, Herbs should be an ingredient to make broth tastier or to make a weaker broth. You can live entirely off of Herbs and  Water right now.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #13463 on: September 07, 2014, 07:27:57 pm »

I've more or less stopped making bone broth because it takes an hour for one.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13464 on: September 08, 2014, 12:56:56 am »

Soooooo... How do I stop NPCs from seeingall my stuff in piles in my base and deciding that it's time to loot? Had to kill 2 of them and watch one starve to death in the corner of a room from carrying too much, and then dig a moat around my base so no more could get in.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13465 on: September 08, 2014, 01:22:16 am »

Micro: One word: CRATES. You can construct them in the experimentals.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13466 on: September 08, 2014, 01:58:57 am »

Soooooo... How do I stop NPCs from seeingall my stuff in piles in my base and deciding that it's time to loot? Had to kill 2 of them and watch one starve to death in the corner of a room from carrying too much, and then dig a moat around my base so no more could get in.
They don't seem to notice things that you throw in a locker. That or I just haven't seen enough NPCs
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13467 on: September 08, 2014, 02:01:51 am »

What does "This is the belted layer" mean in the clothes layering screen?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #13468 on: September 08, 2014, 02:05:03 am »

I usually kill/get killed by any NPCs I find.

What? I want their guns.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13469 on: September 08, 2014, 02:07:27 am »

What does "This is the belted layer" mean in the clothes layering screen?

That item is always on the very outer layer of clothing. The layers are:
"next to your skin" -> (most clothing) -> "is worn over other clothing" -> "belted layer"

I think there's an encumbrance component to it too, but i haven't experimented with it much.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 1086