Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 888 889 [890] 891 892 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860129 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #13335 on: September 01, 2014, 05:47:58 pm »

FINALLY FOUND A WRENCH!!!!!
HAVE FUN.  THE MOMENT YOU GET TO WORK WITH THE WRENCH THE KOOL AID MAN WILL BURST THROUGH THE WALL AND MESS YOUR SHIT UP
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13336 on: September 01, 2014, 05:52:35 pm »

HAVE FUN.  THE MOMENT YOU GET TO WORK WITH THE WRENCH THE KOOL AID MAN WILL BURST THROUGH THE WALL AND MESS YOUR SHIT UP

Please tell me there's a mod for that. It would be terrifying. Imagine you just sitting in your mansion, reading SICP. Then something HUGE, GOOEY AND RED bursts through your wall yelling at you. That would be the best.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13337 on: September 01, 2014, 06:00:23 pm »

Please tell me there's a mod for that. It would be terrifying. Imagine you just sitting in your mansion, reading SICP. Then something HUGE, GOOEY AND RED bursts through your wall yelling at you. That would be the best.
Literally all you would have to do is change the name of the hulk to "Kool Aid Man".  Literally ALL you have to do.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13338 on: September 02, 2014, 03:11:24 am »

I remember someone suggesting making hulks randomly smash through walls going "Surprise!!!".... just in case someone was on the other side.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13339 on: September 02, 2014, 09:33:23 am »

I remember someone suggesting making hulks randomly smash through walls going "Surprise!!!".... just in case someone was on the other side.

I don't see why this doesn't happen currently.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13340 on: September 02, 2014, 10:41:11 am »

Because it's slightly too silly unless the person in question was hallucinating.

Mindless goo zombies don't strike me as having the wherewithal to speak intelligible English.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13341 on: September 02, 2014, 10:48:29 am »

I would enjoy a Wild Wasteland style setting where all the hulks yell "SURPRISE!" when they bust through a wall and the Jabberwocks spout Alice in Wonderland quotes.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13342 on: September 02, 2014, 12:59:14 pm »

Heh, that might be an alternate mental issue that acts like a toggle - instead of Schizophrenia's Interface Screw, have, say, Mania that acts as a weirdness toggle at, like, -1 or even 0 points.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13343 on: September 02, 2014, 01:26:22 pm »

That would be excellent.

Maybe an option called "Silly Apocalypse" in the options screen.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13344 on: September 02, 2014, 01:39:53 pm »

Perhaps this would be a good option name. Crazy Cataclysm?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13345 on: September 02, 2014, 01:46:52 pm »

There has been an idea to pull some of the funnier easter eggs out into a 0 point trait that would be called something like that, but we just don't really have enough funny easter eggs to make something like that really worth the time ATM.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #13346 on: September 02, 2014, 01:53:47 pm »

The zombies not speaking I can certainly understand, and even advocate for.
But why don't we have Lewis Carroll prose flying around?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13347 on: September 02, 2014, 03:12:14 pm »

Random extremely small chance for the Bible, or if you want to be inclusive, all holy books, having a recipe for a Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

If each profession gets a 'at job' start, have the Ballroom Dancer's building sometimes spawn a dancer zombie, who makes regular zombies follow him and move in sync for all zombies in range.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 03:14:19 pm by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13348 on: September 02, 2014, 09:14:32 pm »

And military level armour (e.g. MPR vest, combat boots+pants+helmet) helps a lot.

I actually have that level of armour for most everything except the face, which is only covered by a fur scarf. And Glass Jaw means one shot to the face leaves me crawling out bleeding everywhere.

I think the targeting is light. Once I forgot to drop my light strip (active) and even though it was no bigger than my normal night sight, I still got shot at until I dropped the light strip and re-approached under cover of actual darkness. Do note that if the cloud cover blows over at night and you're within the extended "clear sky" light radius, sentry will shoot you with many bullets.

That makes sense. The last turret I ran into, I had a flashlight on. Probably why it filled me full of bullets so quickly. I even HAVE High Night Vision now, so that's not happening again.

However... EMP grenades can shut down the lab turrets and let you pick them up and set yourself, on occasion.

I'll keep that in mind, although I have no idea how to make or find those.

Turrets are a very good example of the fact that you don't have to fight every enemy in the game. In a science lab, just close the door to the room it is in if you can't deal with it. Additionally, never melee turrets. They might deal serious damage before you get close enough, and even if you do destroy them, they'll explode and deal more damage to you.

Probably right. I just like clearing every room I go into, which might be a bad habit in this type of dungeon.

Yeah, milspecs are designed to repel throwers.  As are the searchlight towers HuXTUS installed.

And then there's the antimateriel turrets.  Be glad I didn't make 'em burst-capable.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13349 on: September 02, 2014, 09:18:51 pm »

I think the targeting is light. Once I forgot to drop my light strip (active) and even though it was no bigger than my normal night sight, I still got shot at until I dropped the light strip and re-approached under cover of actual darkness. Do note that if the cloud cover blows over at night and you're within the extended "clear sky" light radius, sentry will shoot you with many bullets.

That makes sense. The last turret I ran into, I had a flashlight on. Probably why it filled me full of bullets so quickly. I even HAVE High Night Vision now, so that's not happening again.
Battle checker here, most/all turrets are light-sensitive :P
Night Vision? That'll work well.
It also seems they're sensitive to sound, in my opinion.
Pages: 1 ... 888 889 [890] 891 892 ... 1086