Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860149 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #13275 on: August 30, 2014, 12:42:56 pm »

There was a library with a LOT of skill books in it. Had to kill all the zombie kids first, but the payoff was worth it.

Question: Is it possible to permanently clear an area of zombies in static spawn mode if you pulp/butcher the corpses of all the zombies you kill?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13276 on: August 30, 2014, 12:44:03 pm »

Yes, it is.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13277 on: August 30, 2014, 02:48:27 pm »

Libraries spawn in schools and are advantageously located-- if you can hop the fence of the playground, you can run in, grab the books, and get out.

Also, any large building such as an office tower, hotel, or apartment building is highly useful as a base and source of supplies.

Also also, quick explanation of vehicle system for Arcvasti.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13278 on: August 30, 2014, 02:49:01 pm »

So, what's up with the snow in the latest experimental. It's spring and its snowing from the start every world I gen and it's -4 *C.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 02:54:28 pm by Mookzen »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #13279 on: August 30, 2014, 02:54:05 pm »

Well, it should be. The start of Spring is the very end of winter, and the Atlantic Northeast has plenty of snow.
If anything, you can bet on more snow at the beginning of Spring than at the end of Fall.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13280 on: August 30, 2014, 02:55:12 pm »

Well, it should be. The start of Spring is the very end of winter, and the Atlantic Northeast has plenty of snow.
If anything, you can bet on more snow at the beginning of Spring than at the end of Fall.

That makes perfect sense, good.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13281 on: August 30, 2014, 02:58:12 pm »

We had an icestorm in the middle of April a few years ago, at 43 degrees north.
So snow at the beginning of spring? Yah, thats about right.
Highly Opinionated Fool

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13282 on: August 30, 2014, 03:27:48 pm »

Libraries spawn in schools and are advantageously located-- if you can hop the fence of the playground, you can run in, grab the books, and get out.

Also, any large building such as an office tower, hotel, or apartment building is highly useful as a base and source of supplies.

Also also, quick explanation of vehicle system for Arcvasti.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Objections:

- You can just build your own thing from the ground up, just deconstruct an entire vehicle. I don't remember how did it work with tools, because Integrated Toolset, yay!, but with IT it doesn't use power, so I think you don't need a welder. Deconstruction trains Mechanics too, and a wreckage or two in and you're at like 15 Mechanics (read: build whatever the hell you desire).

I have, for example, made a dedicated transporter vehicle for raiding cleared out areas that's a seat, engine and two wheels attached to four tiles of cargo space. Manoueverable as it gets as it's 1-wide. Another option is a RAWKET (LAWN)CHAIR - just strap a powerful engine to one of those experimental office chairs and add controls. Or make it from scratch. Or deconstruct everything around an engine, if you have little Mechanics.

- You can get a fuckton of military armor easily - just take a road trip until you find an APC. Cannibalize however much armor you desire, unless you have a literal house on wheels size-wise it will be enough. You could use it, but it's generally of little use for your survivory needs. Might be just me, though. Like Tawarochir said, they are pretty rare, but you WILL find one once you start exploring.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13283 on: August 30, 2014, 04:31:46 pm »

Do the turrets on an APC function?

Also, how long should it take for a storage battery to charge to 1% with one  solar panel? How many hours of clear skies?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13284 on: August 30, 2014, 04:46:25 pm »

Yes.
What sorta of solar panel?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13285 on: August 30, 2014, 04:51:31 pm »

I found a tank drone. Or rather, one found me. In the middle of a town. Damn, that run was going so well. I had a working tablet, a rapier and was just finishing clearing the town.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13286 on: August 30, 2014, 05:47:35 pm »

I'd say a regular solar panel gives around 20 power every 5-minutes in full sunlight; so to get 1% of 100,000 would take around 4 hours and 10 minutes.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13287 on: August 30, 2014, 05:53:24 pm »

-trim-
[/spoiler]
-trim-
If you do driving around, keep an eye out for detached semi trailers. Or full semi trucks with trailers. Not sure if those exist. But if you EVER find a semi trailer, make a note on the map and come back with tools. Every square of them except the outside are cargo containers. What this means? Massive storage, and an even more massive supply of rope.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13288 on: August 30, 2014, 06:08:03 pm »

so external tanks are still bugged, any idea when that might be fixed until then gotta internalise it sigh

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13289 on: August 30, 2014, 06:19:15 pm »

so external tanks are still bugged, any idea when that might be fixed until then gotta internalise it sigh
Fucking external tanks, man. Here I am, driving my pimped out military truck like a boss, living la vida loca. All the hardships of getting the off the ground are past, and the future is looking splendid.
Suddenly, an APC in the middle of the road. Cue nuclear holocaust.
What the fuck, it's like there are proximity-primed mininukes in those things.
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 1086