Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 871 872 [873] 874 875 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861008 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #13080 on: August 18, 2014, 03:02:31 pm »

I'm playing 8/12 and it's hard because my favorite classes are lumberjack and blacksmith. They don'[t play well with that low setup but it's fun to try and make it happen.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13081 on: August 18, 2014, 03:24:00 pm »

Because of all the "died in a fire" stuffs, I am now playing a firefighter. Because seriously, fuck fires :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #13082 on: August 18, 2014, 03:40:35 pm »

If you didn't go around fucking fires I'm pretty sure you'd die to them less often. I mean I know they're hot...
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13083 on: August 18, 2014, 04:16:00 pm »

If you didn't go around fucking fires I'm pretty sure you'd die to them less often. I mean I know they're hot...
Took me a sec to see the joke there :P

But yeah, its not really something I could have avoided the times it's happened...once I spawned next to triggerhappymchasaflamethrower and the other time I got stuck in a broom closet in a fuckheug building that was burning down way faster then I expected.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #13084 on: August 18, 2014, 05:23:04 pm »

Can you restore power to LMOE shelters yet?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13085 on: August 18, 2014, 05:50:45 pm »

Anyone have a rough estimate to when the reality bubble size will increase and/or include other z-levels?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13086 on: August 18, 2014, 06:12:52 pm »

Anyone have a rough estimate to when the reality bubble size will increase and/or include other z-levels?
Other z-levels will happen at the same time as working z-levels.

As for a bubble size increase, it might happen if there are some heavy duty performance enhancements, but it's fairly unlikely. What is likely to happen is that we improve the update on loading code, so that it will properly update active items, fires, etc. as if they had been running while they weren't loaded.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13087 on: August 18, 2014, 09:08:11 pm »

Is there any way to make my dude spawn in a specific evac shelter?

I ask because my main guy died horribly to 2 riot-bots and a police bot, and except for one early on who died to the giant wasps next to the public-works building I was moving into when the robots ate me, every single character after that, up to like 15 or so, has spawned in the same two shelters, neither of which are the ones I want.

Also, is it possible to change the season length in a world, or does that require re-gen?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13088 on: August 18, 2014, 09:18:32 pm »

Something else we might do instead of increasing reality bubble size is allow interacting with things outside the bubble in specific situations, such as driving a RC vehicle with a camera, or sniping at things with a rifle/scope combo, or looking around with binoculars.
Technical reasons:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I changing season length shouldn't alter much, I'm not sure whether we made that world specific or not though, just because that's where people would expect it.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13089 on: August 18, 2014, 10:53:41 pm »

What is likely to happen is that we improve the update on loading code, so that it will properly update active items, fires, etc. as if they had been running while they weren't loaded.

Any chance this could include solar panels and charging batteries? That's the worst part about having a static solar farm now... Most of them time when you don't want to go out it's raining and batteries won't charge. So when it's sunny you go out... and the batteries at home won't charge.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13090 on: August 18, 2014, 11:53:18 pm »

That would be one of the more likely things to get updated, yeah, though as usual it's waiting for a dev or other person to step in and actually work on it.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13091 on: August 19, 2014, 01:21:18 am »

Just came back to this, someone cranked the lethality up to 12. Hordes spawn zombies so thick you can't keep them down, all the armors have had their resistances reduced, and I swear getting hit causes more pain now than it did a few months ago. I like it. Though it completely changes the gameplay, setting up a base in the early game is outright impossible with hordes on. There's just no way for a starter character to hold any territory against the horde's mad spawn rate.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13092 on: August 19, 2014, 05:50:58 am »

Is there any way to make my dude spawn in a specific evac shelter?
Nope, but chances are good youll wind up there anyways.
I ask because my main guy died horribly to 2 riot-bots and a police bot, and except for one early on who died to the giant wasps next to the public-works building I was moving into when the robots ate me, every single character after that, up to like 15 or so, has spawned in the same two shelters, neither of which are the ones I want.
Well, try try again?

Also, is it possible to change the season length in a world, or does that require re-gen?
Requires regen or risking killing the save.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13093 on: August 19, 2014, 09:15:57 am »

Alright. How do I risk killing the save (i.e. have the change affect the world-save)? Just change the options or do I need to somehow edit the world?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13094 on: August 19, 2014, 09:44:07 am »

Alright. How do I risk killing the save (i.e. have the change affect the world-save)? Just change the options or do I need to somehow edit the world?

Presumably the latter. But it's a non-issue, since you can just backup the save.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 871 872 [873] 874 875 ... 1086