Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 859 860 [861] 862 863 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861948 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #12900 on: August 10, 2014, 05:56:56 pm »

That reminds me...where does Dinomod actually add dinosaurs? Is it a joke mod or something?

Because I haven't seen a single dinosaur ever, and I play with it on constantly.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12901 on: August 10, 2014, 08:02:22 pm »

Just lost my most successful character thus far to bleeding out in a field. I was heading to my local river in order to fill up some water bottles (The only other water source available is toilets in town, and I try to avoid fighting zombies whenever possible). A pack of wolves ambushed me on the way back, and one of them scored a lucky shot to the torso, which was already fairly badly damaged (Yay cougar attacks!), and it inflicted bleeding. I didn't have any medical supplies to patch myself up with, so I just headed back to my evac-shelter base and hoped that I would stop bleeding before I died. I did not.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12902 on: August 10, 2014, 08:11:32 pm »

You can cauterize if you have a blade and a source of fire (lighter, matches, an actual fire, etc.).

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12903 on: August 10, 2014, 08:17:44 pm »

...Well screw me then. I had both of those things and plenty of time to do it. Plenty of Advil to take care of the pain afterwards, too.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12904 on: August 10, 2014, 08:28:55 pm »

I think you can use rags too if it's an emergency and no bandages are available?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12905 on: August 10, 2014, 09:02:55 pm »

Rags are preferable if you don't want to use bandages or feel pain and have some spare clothes handy. (They're the best source during city raids; zombies' clothes are perfect for it.)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12906 on: August 10, 2014, 09:50:54 pm »

I'm pretty sure rags had an increased infection risk though.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12907 on: August 10, 2014, 10:05:26 pm »

Indeed the vibrator is Worth It.  Glad to be of service.

I spawned an archer with some basic skill levels.  Went into town.  First building is an arcade.  I found the key to my survival:
I have done what must be done.

Glad you like the dinosaur suit.  I made it too.

Dinomod only adds dinos around the research center or somesuch.  It's possible that it lost its map spawn, though.  :-/

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12908 on: August 10, 2014, 10:11:52 pm »

That reminds me...where does Dinomod actually add dinosaurs? Is it a joke mod or something?

Because I haven't seen a single dinosaur ever, and I play with it on constantly.
I've found dinosaur building things. They only had one type of dinosaur, though.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12909 on: August 11, 2014, 03:45:37 am »

I'm pretty sure rags had an increased infection risk though.
Better than becoming dead.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12910 on: August 11, 2014, 06:35:34 am »

"Better undead then dead" as Graknorke always says that one time kind of but not really.

Whats the lore explanation for why its impossible for the PC to become a zombie? Does it only affect you after you actually full on die? Would suck to find the shambling corpse of some supermutated former character in your starting evac shelter :P

Indeed, I do this.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12911 on: August 11, 2014, 06:42:39 am »

"Better undead then dead" as Graknorke always says that one time kind of but not really.

Whats the lore explanation for why its impossible for the PC to become a zombie? Does it only affect you after you actually full on die? Would suck to find the shambling corpse of some supermutated former character in your starting evac shelter :P

I think the idea is that yes, it affects you, just when you die. The lore being that pretty much all humans got infected via contamination of water, but the reason there's so many ZOMBIES is that there was a ton of Spess Acid-rains, killing most of the living caught outside, and then followed up by the resulting zombies killing of more and more survivors. Add to that the military having no idea how to dispose of the dead permanently...
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12912 on: August 11, 2014, 06:52:27 am »

Add to that the military having no idea how to dispose of the dead permanently...

IS SO EASY. You mean to tell me in the...I think eight days?... before your character(s) arrived at the shelter NO ONE thought "maybe if we chop them into pieces?"
I mean this isn't DF where that just divides the problem into more, smaller problems.

Would be interesting when NPCs and factions are working for the military to become an actual force instead of "those chickenshits who got the hell outta dodge first sign of trouble"

Indeed, I do this.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12913 on: August 11, 2014, 06:59:16 am »

Add to that the military having no idea how to dispose of the dead permanently...

IS SO EASY. You mean to tell me in the...I think eight days?... before your character(s) arrived at the shelter NO ONE thought "maybe if we chop them into pieces?"
I mean this isn't DF where that just divides the problem into more, smaller problems.

Would be interesting when NPCs and factions are working for the military to become an actual force instead of "those chickenshits who got the hell outta dodge first sign of trouble"

Initially, I should add. They just dumped the dead into mass graves during the initial outbreak with, uh, worse results than you'd expect from just burying zombies.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #12914 on: August 11, 2014, 07:01:05 am »

On one hand, I can imagine that, say, when you need to gun down a crowd of them, no one would think to butcher them, and they'd come back to get you, but yeah, eventually they'd prolly drop napalm on them. Maybe the chain of command wasn't expecting it and got offed too or something.
Pages: 1 ... 859 860 [861] 862 863 ... 1086