Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 856 857 [858] 859 860 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861854 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #12855 on: August 08, 2014, 08:24:22 am »

Micro I think she's talking about something else, its a problem I get sometimes too, even when the terminal stuffs is practically fullscreen.
Well it fixed it C:
I am now able to read descriptions in all their entirety.
Also bigger screen-sight!

Also: GIANT BLACK WIDOWS. LURKING IN BASEMENTS. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Bloody nests >_>
Glad those things can't climb stairs.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12856 on: August 08, 2014, 08:28:10 am »

Micro I think she's talking about something else, its a problem I get sometimes too, even when the terminal stuffs is practically fullscreen.
Well it fixed it C:
I am now able to read descriptions in all their entirety.
Also bigger screen-sight!

Ah, well yes, the terminal stuffs are definitely a lifesaver. I remember when I didn't know how to do that and was about ready to quit playing the game because it was this tiny box on screen and I could see roughly 3 squares around me at a glance at any point in time XD
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12857 on: August 08, 2014, 09:38:22 am »

Also: GIANT BLACK WIDOWS. LURKING IN BASEMENTS. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

No kidding. I katana'd 22 of them in one basement for great justice before I gave up and moved on. There were still more, that's just what charged me from the stairs.

Oh, and could I make a request? Could you guys implement some way to read books that you have all the skill level ups from, but not all the recipes from, continuously? It's REALLY annoying to have to push "R, @, Y" over and over and over to learn recipes, when before he would just keep reading nonstop.

Some books have stuff you just can't make even with that book's skill level (either from required secondary skills or it's just above the book's level). It seems like you do have a 100% chance to learn a recipe if you craft it using the book as a guide, if that helps.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12858 on: August 08, 2014, 10:24:36 am »

Oh, and could I make a request? Could you guys implement some way to read books that you have all the skill level ups from, but not all the recipes from, continuously? It's REALLY annoying to have to push "R, @, Y" over and over and over to learn recipes, when before he would just keep reading nonstop.

Some books have stuff you just can't make even with that book's skill level (either from required secondary skills or it's just above the book's level). It seems like you do have a 100% chance to learn a recipe if you craft it using the book as a guide, if that helps.
I know that, I'm talking specifically about when there are recipes you CAN learn at your skill level, but have completed the level ups from the book. Then its just a grindfest of "mash these buttons in order over and over till you learn something"

Also GODDAMMIT, I just lost Mr. Lane Green, the farmer who I was having an AMAZING game with. Granted I didn't actually get to do any farming with him, but he was just so fucking lucky with drops. Immediately found a fucking treasure horde in the evac shelter basement (along with two zombies, but they were easy) and just about started with a screwdriver and wrench, found a jack in a car and shit just kept rolling from there.

He ended up dying to a Zombear because I didn't just pull out my Glock like I should have, and instead opted to try training my melee with that war hammer he picked up from the pawn shop.

At the end he had like 7 cooking and tailoring, along with 4 fabrication, 3 electronics/mechanics/melee and just overall good skills, and the previously mentioned shitton of awesome lootz.

Indeed, I do this.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12859 on: August 08, 2014, 11:02:43 am »

Charcoal kilns seem to be a bit buggy. The timer on them almost never seems to tick down unless I'm carrying it.

Bloody nests >_>
Oh? I thought they could. I'm not sure if it's good or bad that they don't. Bad, because I can't lure them out one by one and instead have to take on the entire nest of eight-legged facerape. Good, because when I run away, I'm not being chased down by an entire nest of eight-legged facerape.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12860 on: August 08, 2014, 11:16:19 am »

Can there be an option of "read from a book until you learn a recipe"? Because it's really pretty annoying how you have to sit there and push a bunch of weird buttons over and over to learn something.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #12861 on: August 08, 2014, 11:31:47 am »

Can there be an option of "read from a book until you learn a recipe"? Because it's really pretty annoying how you have to sit there and push a bunch of weird buttons over and over to learn something.

That would be nice.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12862 on: August 08, 2014, 11:50:24 am »

This is exactly what I was asking awhile ago!

Indeed, I do this.

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12863 on: August 08, 2014, 03:38:49 pm »

I want the "repeat the previous action" hotkey. It will be thousand ways better than just "read skillbook until learned everything you can from it".

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12864 on: August 08, 2014, 04:09:01 pm »

The catch is, you'd need to confirm reading it every time still.

That's still quite more useful than what I mentioned, though.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12865 on: August 08, 2014, 04:22:47 pm »

What I like to do is use "=" and change the letter of the book to R, so all I have to do is go RRYRRYRRYRRYRRY without every having to move my fingers. If you use lowercase y's  for your y/n's then change the book's letter to y for easiness.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12866 on: August 08, 2014, 09:50:29 pm »

Hey, Kevin implemented a fix for that some time ago.

1) Get and read a recipe book so you know what recipes are in it (5 min for initial skim)
2) Have the book on you or within 6 tiles (the crafting radius), and its recipes will show up in your crafting screen
3) Get everything together for your desired recipe and craft it
4) You have a pretty good chance of memorizing the recipe through actually doing it
5) This cuts down on crafting-screen clutter with recipes you'd never want to make, and streamlines learning those you do want

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12867 on: August 08, 2014, 09:55:03 pm »

Charcoal kilns seem to be a bit buggy. The timer on them almost never seems to tick down unless I'm carrying it.

Bloody nests >_>
Oh? I thought they could. I'm not sure if it's good or bad that they don't. Bad, because I can't lure them out one by one and instead have to take on the entire nest of eight-legged facerape. Good, because when I run away, I'm not being chased down by an entire nest of eight-legged facerape.
Uhm... Unless something changed, they can climb stairs. I distinctly remember this because of the many houses I end up marking off as unlootable due to the unleashed spider hordes.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12868 on: August 08, 2014, 09:59:17 pm »

Ah, that's my fault, I suggested the design the kiln currently uses.

There are two known issues:
1. If you move too far away from it, it stops working due to reality bubble.
2. If you save/load it'll stop ticking down. Activating it again will restart it.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12869 on: August 08, 2014, 11:06:32 pm »

Has anyone else found Radioactive Wanderers? I... I think they're

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

but I want to know if I'm missing something.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 856 857 [858] 859 860 ... 1086