Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 855 856 [857] 858 859 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862004 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #12840 on: August 07, 2014, 08:22:22 pm »

I know what freezing rain is.

That doesn't explain how it happens consistently, or how no ice forms on anything.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #12841 on: August 07, 2014, 09:10:56 pm »

Feel free to fix it and submit the code.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12842 on: August 07, 2014, 09:17:48 pm »

B-but code can I not.

:(

I'd fix it if I could.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #12843 on: August 07, 2014, 09:22:14 pm »

It's as good an opportunity as any to start learning!

Or at the very least do the bare minimum of work so that other people take over and do all the important stuff for you, not that I have experience with that or anything, no sir not at all. *Innocent whistle*
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12844 on: August 07, 2014, 09:35:45 pm »

Oh yeah, rollerblades are bugged in the latest. They work exactly the opposite of how they should. I was getting speeds of 365 over bushes and small trees and 57 on nice flat road.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12845 on: August 07, 2014, 09:43:41 pm »

That's how they should work, right? 50 means you only require 50 ticks to move a space, where bushes are 7X that much. Try it while wearing a timepiece and you can see the difference.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12846 on: August 07, 2014, 09:55:57 pm »

Nah, the speed starts at 100. If it's lower, you're slower and it gets red. If you're faster, it's higher and it gets green.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12847 on: August 07, 2014, 10:02:07 pm »

Oh pfft right. That number's speed cost, not actual speed. Whoopsie. Lower is indeed better.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12848 on: August 08, 2014, 12:29:49 am »

Suggestions for better ways to let the player know how fast/long their actions are are very welcome, I'm not happy with it either.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #12849 on: August 08, 2014, 12:34:25 am »

Oh pfft right. That number's speed cost, not actual speed. Whoopsie. Lower is indeed better.
Err, its actually right.

The number, if above 100, shows a decrement of speed. If below 100, it shows an increase of speed.

Try overburdening yourself to find out.

Suggestions for better ways to let the player know how fast/long their actions are are very welcome, I'm not happy with it either.
Erm ._.
Is there a way to...expand text boxes? I'm using Cata Experimental latest build (though I'm particularly sure this is the case in all prior builds) and see that sometimes text goes off the item description...and off box that I'm never able to see it.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12850 on: August 08, 2014, 01:51:27 am »

Item descriptions can be seen in full in the inventory window.  (i) and then select the item.  (I) lets you select two items and compare side-by-side.  (Press "." to get to your own inventory when it asks you for a direction.)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12851 on: August 08, 2014, 02:43:50 am »

And if it's a long list of long descriptions (like browsing all the books in a shelf looking for one particular recipe) you can bring up / and (e)xamine everything in a pile with a full-sized descriptor box and just arrow the selector down, instead of bringing up the action window for every item like your own inventory does.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #12852 on: August 08, 2014, 02:54:24 am »

Item descriptions can be seen in full in the inventory window.  (i) and then select the item.  (I) lets you select two items and compare side-by-side.  (Press "." to get to your own inventory when it asks you for a direction.)
...Not really.
Like browsing and seeing a single a Cx4 Storm, it cuts out in the description as it goes offscreen >_>
And I've no idea how to scroll down despite a 'vv' indicator showing more text.

...It's more on 'is there a key bound to scroll down large text boxes that cut off'?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12853 on: August 08, 2014, 05:15:12 am »

Erm ._.
Is there a way to...expand text boxes? I'm using Cata Experimental latest build (though I'm particularly sure this is the case in all prior builds) and see that sometimes text goes off the item description...and off box that I'm never able to see it.

in the options under graphics, change the terminal width and height (I increase both by 50%) and set the "sidebar style under interface to narrow. Save changes, close the game, reopen it, and enjoy. I find it REALLY improves my playing experience. All credit to artisauce's twitch videos.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12854 on: August 08, 2014, 08:18:08 am »

Micro I think she's talking about something else, its a problem I get sometimes too, even when the terminal stuffs is practically fullscreen.

Basically the little info boxes sometimes have more text then you can see from a basic examination, and she's asking if there is a bound "scrolldown" key for those situations.
I'm guessing not, in which case we prob just need to Darkmere's advice. Or immediately forget it and always wonder, like I'll probably do :P

Also: GIANT BLACK WIDOWS. LURKING IN BASEMENTS. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Oh, and could I make a request? Could you guys implement some way to read books that you have all the skill level ups from, but not all the recipes from, continuously? It's REALLY annoying to have to push "R, @, Y" over and over and over to learn recipes, when before he would just keep reading nonstop.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 08:26:08 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 855 856 [857] 858 859 ... 1086