Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 850 851 [852] 853 854 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859801 times)

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #12765 on: August 04, 2014, 12:11:47 am »

There's minimal support for starting location, not tied to starting scenarios.

A starting scenario system isn't too tough, and is planned.

"showing what happened before the cataclysm" is another kettle of fish entirely, it would be a LOT of work for pretty minimal benefit, especially if it's non-interactive.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12766 on: August 04, 2014, 12:36:59 am »

So, my last-in-a-long-line Cyberjunkie character is finally to the point where I can try and pry those infuriating faulty bionics out. I've raided a liquor store, library, and lab for skill books and enough materials to sit inside in winter, crank out first aid items, and cut myself.

So far I've gotten the pixelvision and itchy skin removed, with a lot of what I can only assume is stabbing an X-acto knife straight into bones. There may have been some methacola involved. 38% failure rate at 7 mechanics/electronics and 8 first aid is pretty brutal. The starting bonuses were not in any way worth being crippled for almost a full in-game year, but it's been interesting as a challenge.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12767 on: August 04, 2014, 01:23:56 am »

I found a wood stove and want to disassemble it, but nothing seems to work. I can't use deconstruct furniture, I can't examine it, I can't use the hacksaw on it..... How do I get this thing?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12768 on: August 04, 2014, 09:52:14 am »

I found a wood stove and want to disassemble it, but nothing seems to work. I can't use deconstruct furniture, I can't examine it, I can't use the hacksaw on it..... How do I get this thing?
Have you considered burning it?[/trolling]
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12769 on: August 04, 2014, 09:53:39 am »

Maybe it did work, but the only component of the wood stove is, in fact, a wood stove?

Watch out for radiation in that case, since that would mean it's an atomic wood stove. :3

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12770 on: August 04, 2014, 10:10:52 am »

You'll have to carry it Micro since none of those options worked.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12771 on: August 04, 2014, 11:05:00 am »

Went into a mansion to pick up some food and water, as well as few materials to make fletching. Another survivor comes by, says hello(for once, not trying to rob me of my bow using a SMG or sniper rifle), and proceeds to pick some of the loot dropped by the zombies. I let him take it, since I didn't need it.

While looking around for the stuff I needed, I come across more zombies. I lure them out into the entrance hall to dance around them with arrows. The other guy walks up to the zombie that I'm fighting, and blasts him with a flamethrower. The blast hits me, and then the whole mansion starts burning to the ground. I barely make it out by smashing a window and jumping out. Asshole survived as well.

This is why I'm tempted to kill every other NPC I see. That, and 80% of them try to rob me first, and the fact they often do have nice loot.

You'll have to carry it Micro since none of those options worked.
Maybe {s}mash it? Or {G}rab it and drag it around?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12772 on: August 04, 2014, 02:21:19 pm »

If that doesn't work, use ( and disassemble it!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12773 on: August 04, 2014, 03:02:46 pm »

Eh, found a bug in an unstable from a  couple days ago. Trying to make a vehicle welding rig and no amount of welders will convince the game that I have more than one. I have two welders and two makeshift welders but it's convinced I only actually have 1 welder among them all, so I can't actually craft the rig. Great.

EDIT: Ah, apparently it's kinda-fixed in the newest version. I'm just going to purge normal welders from the crafting JSON for now to get on with it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 03:22:05 pm by Darkmere »
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12774 on: August 04, 2014, 03:41:28 pm »

It cannot be smashed, disassembled, or picked up..... But I haven't tried carrying it yet. That might work. If not, then that's a bug that needs to be fixed, and a warning that if you are building a wood stove, to make sure you want it there forever.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12775 on: August 04, 2014, 09:33:57 pm »

It cannot be smashed, disassembled, or picked up..... But I haven't tried carrying it yet. That might work. If not, then that's a bug that needs to be fixed, and a warning that if you are building a wood stove, to make sure you want it there forever.

So what you are saying is that if you want to make an invincible structure you construct it from wood stoves?
THIS. CHANGES. EVVRYTHING.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12776 on: August 04, 2014, 09:40:15 pm »

It doesn't block movement or vision or anything, so not very useful.

TheOperator

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12777 on: August 04, 2014, 11:37:32 pm »

Also, he never left the easy areas, hah. The equivalent of milling about in the WoW starting zone indefinitely and saying there's just no challenge at all to be found in the game. It doesn't look like he ever left the edge of suburbia.

...so what you're saying is that this isn't a game and has no pretensions of being one, right?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #12778 on: August 04, 2014, 11:53:34 pm »

Also, he never left the easy areas, hah. The equivalent of milling about in the WoW starting zone indefinitely and saying there's just no challenge at all to be found in the game. It doesn't look like he ever left the edge of suburbia.

...so what you're saying is that this isn't a game and has no pretensions of being one, right?
No, he is saying is that playing the game with a heavily disadvantaged character isn't as much of an accomplishment if you don't do anything that's actually difficult, not that it wouldn't be a game. The player in the gallery could have, for example, tried to destroy a fungal bloom instead of complaining about the game being too easy.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12779 on: August 05, 2014, 12:27:36 am »

It doesn't block movement or vision or anything, so not very useful.
It slows you.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 850 851 [852] 853 854 ... 1086