Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 828 829 [830] 831 832 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861237 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #12435 on: July 09, 2014, 01:09:02 pm »

How dare you link that site here! To think I was planning to enjoy my day today...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12436 on: July 09, 2014, 02:22:53 pm »

I wish there was a way to interact with consoles even if you're illiterate. Like push some buttons randomly or something.
I like playing an illiterate time-travelling knight, and am always bummed by the unusability of the Amigara fault.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12437 on: July 09, 2014, 02:32:16 pm »

I wish there was a way to interact with consoles even if you're illiterate. Like push some buttons randomly or something.
I like playing an illiterate time-travelling knight, and am always bummed by the unusability of the Amigara fault.
Maybe some things should be changed from computers to levers, so even an illiterate could use one.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12438 on: July 09, 2014, 02:38:00 pm »

In other news, the latest experimental keeps crashing every time there's combat(usually at zombie kill). Is this something just on my end, or has anyone else been experiencing it?

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12439 on: July 09, 2014, 07:24:32 pm »

In other news, the latest experimental keeps crashing every time there's combat(usually at zombie kill). Is this something just on my end, or has anyone else been experiencing it?

Likely a bad iterator that Win7 was having problems with, but we couldn't replicate on XP.  Think we've got a fix: try the latest and see if it's still crashing?

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #12440 on: July 10, 2014, 01:17:08 am »

Eh... grey goo is none functional. It can't make its own fuel without breaking the laws of thermodynamics, and it can;t regulate its own environment before the waste heat discombobulates itself.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12441 on: July 10, 2014, 02:02:10 am »

Eh... grey goo is none functional. It can't make its own fuel without breaking the laws of thermodynamics, and it can;t regulate its own environment before the waste heat discombobulates itself.
That's assuming it's a 'vacuum universe' but it's not.  Grey goo totally works on Earth.  All you need is for the upper level of the goo to be solar powered.  Now the incoming energy is from the sun, which is the exact place that all biological energy on earth comes from anyways.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12442 on: July 10, 2014, 03:56:05 am »

Likely a bad iterator that Win7 was having problems with, but we couldn't replicate on XP.  Think we've got a fix: try the latest and see if it's still crashing?
Ayup, it's all good now. Cheers.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12443 on: July 10, 2014, 05:51:35 am »

Grey Goo is a science fiction trope that doesn't have to make any more sense than phasers or hyperspace.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #12444 on: July 10, 2014, 06:31:29 am »

boats? :o
Tried them out, shame they are water only and kind of weird I think since you attach inflatable bags onto a vehicle which removes its land capability in exchange for water, it will stop dead if its on land with an inflatable bag attached. In other words you can use it to cross a vehicle across water...however you need to do so on the shoreline...oh and the mod also runs rivers weird and breaks up roads.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 08:02:14 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #12445 on: July 10, 2014, 12:41:52 pm »

On a vaguely related note, are swamps still able to be hidden by rivers or whatever?  Because that shit was a nightmare the one time I discovered that.  My pad was swarming with gross swamp monsters (no shambling plant horrors, on that note?) for like a couple days.  I had to debug in like 12 turrets to get enough firepower to keep the place defended, and even then they often still managed to muscle through and destroy the emplacements.  I must have replaced them at least... four times?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12446 on: July 10, 2014, 12:55:46 pm »

Does anyone else find the latest experimental crash prone? I literally walked out the shelter to get a rock and crashed. Same thing happened when I stayed in the shelter and smashed some tables.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #12447 on: July 10, 2014, 02:05:10 pm »

Everytime I use a lastet experimental I Rarely crash, but then again i dont download experimental very often.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12448 on: July 10, 2014, 09:12:10 pm »

boats? :o
Tried them out, shame they are water only and kind of weird I think since you attach inflatable bags onto a vehicle which removes its land capability in exchange for water, it will stop dead if its on land with an inflatable bag attached. In other words you can use it to cross a vehicle across water...however you need to do so on the shoreline...oh and the mod also runs rivers weird and breaks up roads.
The intended use is to just have a kind of inflatable raft, not to attach it to regular vehicles.  The fact that you can is an oversight that will be fixed shortly.
The mod has nothing to do with mapgen, so I'm not sure what you're seeing there.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12449 on: July 11, 2014, 10:55:27 am »

I see a horde closing in on my farm. I set up a fire trap(big pile of wood across the road). By the time I'm done placing it, I find that the horde has turned the opposite direction.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 828 829 [830] 831 832 ... 1086