Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861865 times)

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #11670 on: April 23, 2014, 07:35:25 am »

Question: I see a lot of recipes that require tools with brewing quality. What tools have brewing quality, and how do I find them?

I looked it up in the raws:
chemistry set (brewing quality = 1)
still (brewing quality = 2)

EDIT:

The still is learned automatically when you reach cooking 4, but you need mechanics 3 to build it reliably.  The recipe is also found in two books.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 07:38:06 am by DreamThorn »
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11671 on: April 23, 2014, 07:50:01 pm »

Question: I see a lot of recipes that require tools with brewing quality. What tools have brewing quality, and how do I find them?

There is a fermenting vat in the construction menu.  Maybe try that.  It needs some 2x4s, nails, and maybe a faucet.  Can't remember how much skill.

Can one make thread from hemp/cannabis?  I haven't tried yet.  Maybe there's some other plant that I need.

Plant fibers ought to do it.  Whack & butcher a triffid or relative thereof.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
« Reply #11672 on: April 24, 2014, 01:54:16 am »

Oh, I forgot about triffids; I haven't seen one in months.  Thanks.

If we could harvest the giant spiders' webs, that would also be a good source of thread.

I usually use sinew as my thread source, but I want to build pallisade walls.  I need LOTS of thread.  Hundreds of thousands of units of thread. :'(

EDIT: Just remembered that dismantling a single window is worth 4300 thread. :D

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 01:56:42 am by DreamThorn »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11673 on: April 24, 2014, 02:15:33 am »

Oh, I forgot about triffids; I haven't seen one in months.  Thanks.

If we could harvest the giant spiders' webs, that would also be a good source of thread.

I usually use sinew as my thread source, but I want to build pallisade walls.  I need LOTS of thread.  Hundreds of thousands of units of thread. :'(

EDIT: Just remembered that dismantling a single window is worth 4300 thread. :D
Every car seat has a short rope attached to it for a seat belt, which is 6 long strings, which is 6 short strings, which is 50, so, 1800 thread a pop. Also, you can dismantle rags for thread.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11674 on: April 24, 2014, 05:09:12 am »

Does anyone know how to change the language for the latest experimental build without changing the system language?

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
« Reply #11675 on: April 24, 2014, 06:09:58 am »

I could tell you, but my answer would be terribly facetious and annoying and wouldn't help you much. </troll>  :P

Sorry about that, I just thought of a way that could be useful.  Go to your cataclysm\lang\mo folder and rename the language that you want to use to the language that you are currently using.  (Of course first rename the current language to something else.)

I haven't tested this, but I think it should be that simple.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 06:33:01 am by DreamThorn »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11676 on: April 24, 2014, 06:32:06 am »

Does anyone know how to change the language for the latest experimental build without changing the system language?

Delete the lang folder and you're good.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11677 on: April 24, 2014, 07:30:01 am »

Delete the lang folder and you're good.

[/s]Sorry about that, I just thought of a way that could be useful.  Go to your cataclysm\lang\mo folder and rename the language that you want to use to the language that you are currently using.  (Of course first rename the current language to something else.)

I haven't tested this, but I think it should be that simple.

Thank you, Deleting the lang folder worked :).

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11678 on: April 26, 2014, 10:25:58 am »

I've run into something odd, in a roughly week-old experimental build. I set a bush on fire, and several ingame weeks later(through several rain- and acidstorms), it's still there, still on fire. It went out once shortly after a zolf walked on it. I lit it again, and it's still burning.

I think I found God. Then set God on fire. Now I just need to throw in a Probability Travel CBM to transport the bush back in time so that Moses can free the slaves. Otherwise, we might be facing a paradox. Or at the least, the Bible will be wrong.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11679 on: April 26, 2014, 10:30:01 am »

Odds are, you walked far enough from it that the tile unloaded and stopped counting time for the fire. That happens with other fiery things, like houses. Light one up and walk away, you'll come back a week later to a house just as infernally consumed as it was before.
No, actually, I set up my base in an apartment complex right next to it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11680 on: April 26, 2014, 01:37:23 pm »

I learned something new today. If you need to get through a wall, and a tree is near it,chop the tree down.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11681 on: April 26, 2014, 01:48:26 pm »

It'd probably be faster to chop down the wall of most structures.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11682 on: April 26, 2014, 02:15:01 pm »

Oh yeah. Trees are the drawbridges of Cataclysm, Apocalyptic Atom Smashers if you will.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11683 on: April 26, 2014, 06:19:29 pm »

I threw a molitov at a zombie shocker and brute that I didn't want to deal with really early in the game.

Suddenly I both hate Wandering Spawns and love it.  I love it because it makes something loud like an explosion dangerous again with static spawn, but I also hate it because zombies appeared to have started spawning behind me in places I already cleared.

I'm guessing that system just takes all the saved zombie positions and shifts them a few map tiles in my direction every time I make a noise or something?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11684 on: April 26, 2014, 07:36:49 pm »

Currently it's a moving dynamic spawn point, which means it has all the inconsistencies of dynamic spawn mode present. We'd like to eventually switch it over to an actual static horde where each zombie is accounted for, but nobody has gotten around to implementing it yet.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 1086